Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning writs

Ni7eWa7ch
Ni7eWa7ch
✭✭
so i decided to level a second player for all the writs but the provisioning one is a pain in the a**e , some recipies are sometimes very hard to get it seems .
I do all the missions and delves and achievements before moving on to the next area and believe me i look in each and every urn and lootable object but i always end up travelling to each city to scroll down a hundred recipies in each guild store and most of the time without succes .. don't people know that these recipies are certainly be sold since we need them for the writ? but instead there's a hundred of other mainly useless stupid other recipies . Do i have to play for a few months before i get my hands on that one recipe ???
I think i'm gonna abandon this and just level the skill line till i have the 2 required recipes in order to get rewarded with frost mirriam and bervez juice.
Just that the whole recipes writs are in my opinion totally useless till you get at highest level
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    also , a centralised broker / vendor would be great also instead of making us looking each week in each area for what guilds are vending
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon they will add the needed recipes to chefs and brewers. Can't remember when and too lazy to search. I usually just buy all the recipes in guild stores. Eventually I get them all.

Wish we had a filter for showing only unknown stuff.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon they will add the needed recipes to chefs and brewers. Can't remember when and too lazy to search. I usually just buy all the recipes in guild stores. Eventually I get them all.

Pretty sure that was added for TG update. Can't verify as all my characters are maxed in provisioning, but I did see something in the patch notes.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your on PC, there are a couple of addons that will let you filter for unknown recipes in the Guild Stores (Awesome Guild Store and Sous Chef is one combo, need both)
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Pretty sure that was added for TG update. Can't verify as all my characters are maxed in provisioning, but I did see something in the patch notes.

Recipes required for Writs was added to the Chef and Brewer NPC Vendors with Thieves Guild. I only checked L1 Writ Recipes for pricing, and those were 270 Gold Each. The Guild Store Prices should be less than this, if not now, when TG drops for consoles.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

If your on PC, there are a couple of addons that will let you filter for unknown recipes in the Guild Stores (Awesome Guild Store and Sous Chef is one combo, need both)
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Recipes required for Writs was added to the Chef and Brewer NPC Vendors with Thieves Guild. I only checked L1 Writ Recipes for pricing, and those were 270 Gold Each. The Guild Store Prices should be less than this, if not now, when TG drops for consoles.

I'm on ps4 , so i've to wait a bit till it releases in a week . Good news !
    Thx for this ESO , and thank's guys for your insightfull reply
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it easier to just level provisioning to 50 before starting the writs. If you have the mats, some recipes of the correct levels & spare skill points, you can hit level 50 very quickly. Same with Alchemy.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    I find it easier to just level provisioning to 50 before starting the writs. If you have the mats, some recipes of the correct levels & spare skill points, you can hit level 50 very quickly. Same with Alchemy.

correct , there's some recipes that reward huge IP others not . Only this isn't my main char and only lvl29 , so can't spare that much of skill points (10 minimum needed) and does not have much good recipes that reward good IP . Just wanted to level that skill up along with my level .
    For Alchemy it goes a lot slower to level skill , i even already learned each trait of all reagents
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ni7eWa7ch wrote: »
    correct , there's some recipes that reward huge IP others not . Only this isn't my main char and only lvl29 , so can't spare that much of skill points (10 minimum needed) and does not have much good recipes that reward good IP . Just wanted to level that skill up along with my level .
    For Alchemy it goes a lot slower to level skill , i even already learned each trait of all reagents

Spare skill points is the problem on my alts as well. Provisioning is one of the 1st that I do because it's easy, followed by the equipment skills.

• Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »

Spare skill points is the problem on my alts as well. Provisioning is one of the 1st that I do because it's easy, followed by the equipment skills.

I give each crafting skill that i level (all of them for the daily writs cash) a point when i collect all the skyshards in a new area , but this char is actually dooing all the achievements in a province before gooing on to the next , but i can level my prov skill in a few hours to maximum if i have enough food to cook like you said tru
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on EU I can whip up a bunch of whatever food/drink you need to at least tie you over until TG.
    (Edit - incase you didnt know, any player crafted provisioning or alchemy items will work)
    Edited by Ja50nX on March 16, 2016 9:47AM
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Ja50nX wrote: »
    If you are on EU I can whip up a bunch of whatever food/drink you need to at least tie you over until TG.
    (Edit - incase you didnt know, any player crafted provisioning or alchemy items will work)

Thanks man ! But i don't need any food , got my main he's master crafter for provisioning and has like 129 recipes . I have tri stat purple food and drinks and some good recipes for all levels from Orsinium even a yellow .
    It's just that i want to level my newest char as well for the provisioning rewards at highest level

Cheers
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    correct , there's some recipes that reward huge IP others not .

I tested this extensively, with Greens, Blues and Purples. You get the same inspiration per level no matter what type of recipe you make. The first time you ever make a Blue or Purple recipe, you get extra Inspiration. After that, you get the same making a Green as you do a Blue or Purple recipe, at a given level.

• Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭

Thanks man ! But i don't need any food , got my main he's master crafter for provisioning and has like 129 recipes . I have tri stat purple food and drinks and some good recipes for all levels from Orsinium even a yellow .
    It's just that i want to level my newest char as well for the provisioning rewards at highest level

Cheers

No prob, just thought you were missing the writ needed recipes, my main knows all but 7 blue/purple recipes atm.
    I will collect them all eventually but not paying a stupid amount for a something I wont even use. Ive seen a blue I dont know for 10k, I sold my 2nd copy of the gold recipe for 5k & still felt like I ripped someone off lol.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't people know that these recipies are certainly be sold since we need them for the writ? but instead there's a hundred of other mainly useless stupid other recipies . Do i have to play for a few months before i get my hands on that one recipe ???

It's not that simple. I tried to sell them if I had extra recipes. It was only worth it the first 2-3 days after Orsinium release. After that I'd find myself having a few in my inventory and no one would buy it in /z. I wanted to put them in the guild store - but they would be cheap. So why would I keep my inventory room take or my guild store slots (I only have 30, mind you, so I'd rather sell stuff that brings me gold) for a price of an ice-cream :) I'll get more gold if I do any daily quest than if I sell the recipe.

I mean, you guys wanted cheap stuff, so sellers would decrease price or otherwise you wouldn't pay, now don't be surprised that it's not that profitable to sell it. For the same reason I don't have a skill point in a bite (werewolf or vamp). It's just not worth it. Making a couple of thousand a week? Nah. Not worth a full respec if I want to recover that skill point. But what can I do? No one will pay 50k or something like before.

That being said, good luck. I'm sure you can find those recipes. I used to see them in guild stores all the time.
  • Esquire1980g_ESO
    Esquire1980g_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mammouth Snout Pie.

Have a 50 Provisioner/level 29 toon. Tried a writ (1st 1 today) and got the above. Don't have it. Was in the level 10 area, hit the chef there. Not listed. Went to the level 40 area, I believe same listing as before. Seems like the recs you can buy is tied to crafting level. My V4 toon seems like he can only buy starter recs (altho he can get to all the areas without cloning) as he's not the provisioner so I have no need to level this toon up in provisioning.

Looks to me like every npc chef should have all the recs on them, for all levels, if the game is going to sell then for a credit sink for crafting writs only.

So, how do you get the recs you dont have then or if you've passed them up via crafting leveling?
    Edited by Esquire1980g_ESO on March 17, 2016 12:39AM
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I couldn't find a recipe, I'd just drop the writ quest, skip that level & go straight to the next level writs.
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    correct , there's some recipes that reward huge IP others not .

I tested this extensively, with Greens, Blues and Purples. You get the same inspiration per level no matter what type of recipe you make. The first time you ever make a Blue or Purple recipe, you get extra Inspiration. After that, you get the same making a Green as you do a Blue or Purple recipe, at a given level.

Oh , so in fact i've received more ip from some because they where actually of a higher level .I've never really noticed it really
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Ja50nX wrote: »

Cheers

No prob, just thought you were missing the writ needed recipes, my main knows all but 7 blue/purple recipes atm.
    I will collect them all eventually but not paying a stupid amount for a something I wont even use. Ive seen a blue I dont know for 10k, I sold my 2nd copy of the gold recipe for 5k & still felt like I ripped someone off lol.

Then maybe i was the one that bought that recep with my main lol ! That was really the only way to get them so far after a month playing for some recp
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    don't people know that these recipies are certainly be sold since we need them for the writ? but instead there's a hundred of other mainly useless stupid other recipies . Do i have to play for a few months before i get my hands on that one recipe ???

It's not that simple. I tried to sell them if I had extra recipes. It was only worth it the first 2-3 days after Orsinium release. After that I'd find myself having a few in my inventory and no one would buy it in /z. I wanted to put them in the guild store - but they would be cheap. So why would I keep my inventory room take or my guild store slots (I only have 30, mind you, so I'd rather sell stuff that brings me gold) for a price of an ice-cream :) I'll get more gold if I do any daily quest than if I sell the recipe.

I mean, you guys wanted cheap stuff, so sellers would decrease price or otherwise you wouldn't pay, now don't be surprised that it's not that profitable to sell it. For the same reason I don't have a skill point in a bite (werewolf or vamp). It's just not worth it. Making a couple of thousand a week? Nah. Not worth a full respec if I want to recover that skill point. But what can I do? No one will pay 50k or something like before.

That being said, good luck. I'm sure you can find those recipes. I used to see them in guild stores all the time.

yeah i see what you mean , but my point is that you'll rather fiend a one of the hundreds recp that are not needed to complete the daily writs .Guildstores should only have those relevant recp because the others are pretty easy to come by if you play like me and loot and steal everywhere :) ye, imma real scavenger in such games

thanks for your replies guys
    Edited by Ni7eWa7ch on March 17, 2016 3:55AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, how do you get the recs you dont have then or if you've passed them up via crafting leveling?

You can go back to the zones that are at the levels for those recipes and farm them from containers. Or, you can buy them from the Chef or Brewer in that zone. I believe the Chef and Brewer in each zone carry the recipes for the level of writs you are supposed to do in those zones.

• Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭

You can go back to the zones that are at the levels for those recipes and farm them from containers. Or, you can buy them from the Chef or Brewer in that zone. I believe the Chef and Brewer in each zone carry the recipes for the level of writs you are supposed to do in those zones.

Chef and brewer ? Is there already a vendor for recp now ? with the TG dlc or am i missing something ?
    Also , this problem would be solved if they require us to make for example a lvl 20 max stamina food ans make it from one of our already aquired recps
    Edited by Ni7eWa7ch on March 17, 2016 3:17PM
  • tedccollinsb14_ESO
    tedccollinsb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I remember when I started out the guilds I belong too had recipes in the bank this helped out alot. I donate all of my green recipes to my guilds. My blues I sell for 2k and purples I sell for 5k. I get them quite a bit.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Chef and brewer ? Is there already a vendor for recp now ? with the TG dlc or am i missing something ?
    Also , this problem would be solved if they require us to make for example a lvl 20 max stamina food ans make it from one of our already aquired recps

Yes, with TG, writ recipes are now sold by brewers and chefs. According to the patch notes, they sell the ones for your character's Provisioning level (the points they have put into recipe improvement) and any below that level. Don't know if that is actually the case in-game, since I'm now on console and have to wait until the 22nd.

It's nice to read that the recipes cost 270g, so that means that people can still sell them at guild vendors for a decent price. Well, it depends on how much you sold them for before, I guess. However, these recipes will no longer drop in writ containers, so I doubt as many will be up for sale at guild traders. My main source for duplicate writ recipes was from doing the writs. I'd find a couple here or there in containers, but most of them came from the writs.
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yes, with TG, writ recipes are now sold by brewers and chefs. According to the patch notes, they sell the ones for your character's Provisioning level (the points they have put into recipe improvement) and any below that level. Don't know if that is actually the case in-game, since I'm now on console and have to wait until the 22nd.

It's nice to read that the recipes cost 270g, so that means that people can still sell them at guild vendors for a decent price. Well, it depends on how much you sold them for before, I guess. However, these recipes will no longer drop in writ containers, so I doubt as many will be up for sale at guild traders. My main source for duplicate writ recipes was from doing the writs. I'd find a couple here or there in containers, but most of them came from the writs.

Awesome ! I just have to wait then for the launch on ps4
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Awesome ! I just have to wait then for the launch on ps4

Yep, and less than a week away now!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

The required Provisioning Writ Recipes have been removed from the Writ Rewards so the prospective provisioner will need to buy from the Vendor. It looks as if it was a direct removal as I've noted that, now, there are occasional times when I only get ingredients and fail to get a recipe. I suspect that they haven't changed the loot table and simply added code to prevent the player receiving the recipe as a reward.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭

The required Provisioning Writ Recipes have been removed from the Writ Rewards so the prospective provisioner will need to buy from the Vendor. It looks as if it was a direct removal as I've noted that, now, there are occasional times when I only get ingredients and fail to get a recipe. I suspect that they haven't changed the loot table and simply added code to prevent the player receiving the recipe as a reward.

As long as I still get frost mirriam and berv juize as reward i'm ok with that
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played this game 1,5 years and my provisoring is lvl 16. I have never been able to complete a writ becouse I have never found the recipies needed for them. :tongue: