Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick question On Atrributes

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,
Think I might have been allocating attributes wrong, but wanted to post on here to find out. I play as a magika nb, but rather than just shove everything into magika, I've been putting about 1 in every 4/5 points into health as i thought that you need as much health as you can to stay alive. Have I been doing this wrong? Should I have been putting all the points into magika? Think my stats are around 28k magikla, 23k heatlthor close to it.
Thanks guys.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the current Meta of the game, the more you have in your attribute that scales your damage, the better you are.

So, given that, it is better to put all of the points into either Stamina or Magic, depending of course on what Morphs you pick.

Now, should you ignore health all together? It all depends really. But, you can get Health increases in other ways. For example, you want to Tank, then use Gear that has Health Glyphs/Bonuses on it, then swap to gear with Magic Glyphs/Bonuses for DPS.

Only one of my characters has any points into Health. Ironically, it is my Templar Healer that never dies, and it's not because I spent 10 points in Health either. I just keep forgetting to spec that back out.

The target for Health is around 18K to 20K buffed (food mostly) in PvE. There are only a few things that can hit harder than that, and mechanics can mitigate that most of the time.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Nestor said right now it's best to put everything into either stamina or magicka for a damage dealer; at the moment the only role that may put something into health end-game as far as I'm aware is a tank and even then I know many who dump everything into one stat. Depends on the build.

However, I dumped a few points into health at lower levels on my DPS just for a bit of added survivability; then took them out around max level when I had my gear and things sorted.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I'll respec and get it all into magika.
    thanks again :)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What content are you doing in-game?
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Dave,

I'm currently doing a bad impression of a PVPer...