The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nerieneth Winterborn Sorc - advice needed, please.

player_klaus
player_klaus
✭✭✭
Hello Sorcs and Theorycrafters, speaking pve... maybe occasional pvp.

after sorting out various dropsets on my main (NB*), i decided building a Nerieneth Winterborn Sorc recently. you know, what are toons good for?

*with maining a NB, i mean to say: ...im not soo deep in the sorc business.

the setup is:

1x maelstrom, frost
2x nerieneth
3x willpower
5x winterborn

2 infused
5 divines
3 arcane
1 precise
(6 divines possible -but lower magica compared to my NB... and 500 more overload dmg with 5 divines)

mundus: thief
~44.5k magica
~1.1k reg
~63.5% crit
SD varies -and here i have some questions, since im using two or even three destro-skills on my mainbar.
cp's should roughly be, like 95 elemex, 40 elfborn, ~25 penetration... could put some into trauma...

destro1:

instable wall
force pulse
aegis/shield 1
magelight
#1 flexspot (i have questions here)
ult: icecomet

destro2 or dw (unsure):

surge
lightning form
aegis/shield 2 (discovered shield stacking via bar swap cancel... this is fun...)
magelight
#2 flexspot (questions too)
ult: overload (just sustain, on demand burst heal, utility... -im not sure if a clean rotation outdpses my overload, since this is not a high spell power build)

so, i have 2 precise maelstrom frost staffs.

i miss spelldmg on my 2nd and overload bar by utilising one.
-but i can medium/light weave my execute. if slotted on flex#2
-i can run impulse with a bit more spellpower than on flex#1
-i can run my own drain (537 magica worth, i think)

dw or staff? resto is out of question because i have access to one of the strongest heals in the game (surge+overload)

flex #1:

i already have WoE & FP slotted, i dont like the idea in loosing more spellpower when i slot the first destro skill too (destructive reach?)
and i dont know:

if this skill should just be used for proccing the winterborn or...

-if i should use frags to get better dps numbers? (my frag-icon is highlighted all the time, maybe an addon problem, but this causes me to start hardcasting frags ...and i dont want to be seen doing this...) maybe one kind sorc has a suggestion/fix for this problem?
-liquid lightning? (sadly LL feels a lot more cluncky to use than spearshards... it just wont fire off sometimes ...so i dont like this skill, but i know it hits really hard.)
-mines, to keep mobs better in the frostwall? good dmg/heal if placed well, but expensive. (mines is more a off-bar skill i think)
-execute, in order to run impulse/drain on flex #2?
-rearming trap to boost my crit-dmg? but i have no siphoning to gain stamina back...
-a pet? can they procc nerieneth? i'm not a big friend of a pet-zoo, blocking my sight/distracting me, i misstake them for mobs and such...
-can dots procc nerieneth? (could have tested this... having too much fun watching the double proccs to take care :smiley: )
-streak? expensive but cc, mobility + i think, 10k aoe crits.
-i think it is important to use a sorc ability... spelldmg is soo low on this bar?! could additional winter-to-possible-nerieneth-proccs make up for the dmg-loss if i use reach/clench?

atm i mostly run execute on flex #1 and impulse (drain in msa) on #2

but managing 2 buffs and one dot only, feels a bit wrong, coming from a magica NB. what could i possibly do, to bring more exitement, stuff to do between the fp-weaves?

my goal is to reach a safe 25k on kremguards, bloodspawn and such (group buffed). maybe a bit more with ultimate.

im open for any serious suggestions and i hope i can test out a few things the next evenings.

thank you.