Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

An idea for where to find new Motif pages, chapters and books...

Hamfast
Hamfast
✭✭✭✭
I have to admit, I am a bit depressed about how motif chapters are located... killing a certain boss in a single dungeon has a small chance to drop a chapter... just hope it drops the right chapter... or in an area I avoid like the plague... I remember also spending hours opening containers looking for motifs... but that got nerfed (I have creatively acquired a few in towns while I was inspecting houses so they are still there.

I also noticed a resource that confers nothing once you get to Cadwell's Silver and Gold... and that is bookcases... in the initial faction, we use every bookcase in hopes we get the skill ups, by Cadwell's silver we have completed that part and bookcases become worthless... Instead, why not allow for the use of a bookcase to have a slim chance to get a random motif page page (like the glass motif), a very slim chance to get a random chapter and a snowballs chance in hell (but a chance) the whole book.

Again like the glass motif, 10 motif pages plus the glue stuff (it should be cheaper then 10K by the way) makes a chapter, if you ant to add another layer to the collection process, then allow for a "Binder" that can be used to create a motif book that can be used to learn the whole motif if you have all the chapters.

I can also see that using the bookcase could (like Lore books) simply teach you the chapter or the whole motif and not drop an item, but then it would not benefit everyone, those who don't craft get no return for the investment of time, and it would preclude people from the "Gathering of Pages"

The Graphics part should not be hard as the page, chapter and books (for the most part) already exist, it would require blue, purple and gold versions (if the base motifs are included) the functionality may be harder...
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trade. Trade for what you want.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah blah blah...why doesn't ZOS put in a motif merchant, and instead of paying him for motifs he gives you all the motifs for free and throws in candy, cherry soda and a unicorn!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    ...why doesn't ZOS put in a motif merchant, and instead of...motifs he gives you...a unicorn!

:anguished: I want a unicorn!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."