The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MasterMerchant causing Crashes

Baumlaus
Baumlaus
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I had a problem occuring from time to time where I could reach my character loggin screen, logged onto a character (didn't matter which one), got the loading screen of whatever area he stood in and then crashed with a 'critical error' message.

I tried it without addons on and it worked again, so i went ahead an turned every addon of one by one to see which addon caused this problem and it turned out to be Master Merchant.
I counter checked it aswell as I turned every addon on again, expect Master Merchant and it worked. As soon as I tuned Master Merchant on again, it started crashing again.
Aswell as I turned every addon off and only activated MM and still the same problem, so it seems to be only related to MM right now.

Hope that someone who knows the author of this addon can contact him and tell him, as i could send him a message on ESO.UI and didnt know where else to go;)

greetings
Baumlaus
Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could well be because the patch reset your allocated LUA memory in your User Settings to something ridiculously low, and Master Merchant already requires a ton of memory because it has lots of saved history...so check LUA memory in User Settings.

I run this addon and do not crash, though I changed my allocated LUA memory as above.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    I raised my LUA memory to around 2GB now in the user settings and i still keep crashing on loading screen. Any suggestion about how hight to set it?^^

Edit: i download an older version of the addon (1.8.2) and now it is working again. I tried aswell with nearly 8GB of LUA memory and still kept crashing in 1.8.3
    Edited by Baumlaus on March 15, 2016 9:08AM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    I raised my LUA memory to around 2GB now in the user settings and i still keep crashing on loading screen. Any suggestion about how hight to set it?^^

Edit: i download an older version of the addon (1.8.2) and now it is working again. I tried aswell with nearly 8GB of LUA memory and still kept crashing in 1.8.3

Ok that's interesting (crashing only on latest version). I'll check my version of MM. Okay mine is 1.8.3 and no crashes. Maybe there's a conflict with one of your other addons that I don't use...can you list them and we'll take a look.

I set my LUA memory to 512, and atm Shissu's Lua Memory tells me I only need around 187 or so (I run tons of addons).
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MM is crashing the game for me as well.

Edit: I just changed my LUA memory from 256 to 1024 & it's working now. I'm sure it was at 512 previously...
    Edited by OldManJim on March 15, 2016 1:08PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »

Do you run any other addons, if so list them...might be a conflict and if you both list your other addons and compare them to mine to see which ones you guys run that I don't have (and I run many), we might be able to figure out which one is the conflict.

Like for me - I have no crashes, but soon as I added Azurah while running AUI plus my other addons I had an immediate crash upon logging in...turning off the unit frames on AUI with Azurah now using unit frames allowed me to stay ingame for a few minutes, then it crashed again. When I removed Azurah I was back to a stable game again.
    Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 1:12PM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »

Edit: I just changed my LUA memory from 256 to 1024 & it's working now. I'm sure it was at 512 previously...

Just saw your edit.

I mentioned above how the game patches reset our LUA memory, and we'd need to set them once again manually in user settings. I have to wonder if OP didn't set his LUA memory correctly in multiples of 128 - he mentioned setting LUA memory to "around 2 gigs" and "8 gigs" which wouldn't work unless it's an exact multiple of 128MB.

OP go check that, and if you did set in multiples of 128 (try 512) then let's get back to checking your addons and list them all here.
    Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 1:23PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was crashing on character load after running Minion this morning.....all was fine last night. One of the updates from Minion was Master Merchant. My LUA setting was/is 1024. I was able to login after disabling MM. Hate to run without it, but it looks to be the culprit.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I was crashing on character load after running Minion this morning.....all was fine last night. One of the updates from Minion was Master Merchant. My LUA setting was/is 1024. I was able to login after disabling MM. Hate to run without it, but it looks to be the culprit.

Then why am I not crashing with Master Merchant (and I did crash when I installed Azurah). I think it's more like a conflict between one of your installed addons, as it was in my case.

List your other addons.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you revert back to version 1.8.2, that should resolve the crashing issues. It doesn't seem that the crashing is happening universally, which makes it a little harder to track down.

I know it's being worked on, but have no details to share.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babylon wrote: »

Then why am I not crashing with Master Merchant (and I did crash when I installed Azurah). I think it's more like a conflict between one of your installed addons, as it was in my case.

List your other addons.

Okay, seems like MM is the issue, but you have a point, since it works for you. In light of that here are my addons:
      Add0n Selector Advanced Filters AUI APLogger AwesomeGuildStore Azurah (disabled based on above posts) Bait Counter Better UI Combat Cloud CraftStore Destinations ESO Master Recipe List Exterminatus Group Leader Faster Travel Harvens Custom Map Pins Harvens Improved Skills Window Harvest Map Inventory Grid View Item Saver InventoryInsight Junkit Lorebooks Lost Treasure LUI Extended MultiCraft No, Thank you Papa Crown Potion Maker PublicDungeonChampions QuestMap Quick Enchanter SkyShards SocialIndicators Sous Chief Swap Skills Votans Fisherman Votans Fish Filler Wykkyd Toolbar
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babylon wrote: »

List your other addons.

Okay, seems like MM is the issue, but you have a point, since it works for you. In light of that here are my addons:
      Add0n Selector Advanced Filters AUI APLogger AwesomeGuildStore Azurah (disabled based on above posts) Bait Counter Better UI Combat Cloud CraftStore Destinations ESO Master Recipe List Exterminatus Group Leader Faster Travel Harvens Custom Map Pins Harvens Improved Skills Window Harvest Map Inventory Grid View Item Saver InventoryInsight Junkit Lorebooks Lost Treasure LUI Extended MultiCraft No, Thank you Papa Crown Potion Maker PublicDungeonChampions QuestMap Quick Enchanter SkyShards SocialIndicators Sous Chief Swap Skills Votans Fisherman Votans Fish Filler Wykkyd Toolbar

Let me know if uninstalling Azurah fixes the crashes, like it did when I installed/crashed with it and AUI, then uninstalled Azurah and fixed the crashing problem that hadn't existed until that addon had been installed.

And be sure to uninstall for your tests - don't just disable it.

For what it's worth I found Exterminatus Group Leader was a problem addon, and Inventory Grid View seems to have some issues, I know they mentioned they found a memory leak in it not so long ago.

You also don't need Public Dungeon Champions when you run Destinations - Destinations will mark them on your maps just the same, so those two overlap and PDC isn't actually needed. Same thing with Destinations and Quest Map - Destinations handles all that and Quest Map isn't needed. It's another doubleup.

Also Inventory Insight was always a problem addon imo, it seemed to have some fps issues if not other problems as well.

You use a lot of addons I don't use - here's my list:

Full Addon List
    Addon Clearer (multiselect)
    Advanced Filters
    Alliance Base Cartographer
    Alpha Gear
    AMFC - Active Migration Feedback Classic
    AUI - Advanced UI
    AutoMaxImprovement
    AutoSlotSwitch
    Awesome Guild Store
    BugCatcher
    Chat2Clipboard
    Circonian's BuffTracker
    Circonian's ChatIt
    Circonian's EmoteIt
    Circonian's MyStatus
    Circonian's SetSwap
    Circonian's WaypointIt
    Clock - Tamriel Standard Time
    Combat Cloud
    Combat Reticle
    Crafted Potions
    Crafting Material Level Display Updated
    Crafting Stations
    CraftStore
    Destinations
    Emacs
    FCO ItemSaver
    FCO Lockpicker
    Goto
    GuildAnnouncer
    Guild Bank Twiddler
    Guild Events Improved
    Harven's House Hunter
    Harven's Improved Skills Window
    Harven's Stolen Filter
    Harven's Trait and Style
    HarvestMap (Esohead Markers)
    HeatMapR (+Fog Of War)
    Junkee Returns
    Khrill Hero In Disguise
    Lootdrop, Continued (All in One)
    LoreBooks
    Lost Treasure
    MailExpireDetail
    MailMenuBarFixer
    MailR
    Map Tools
    Master Merchant
    Medic - UI Fixes
    MitigationPercent (with working penetration stat)
    NoAccidentalStealing
    Notebook
    Notes
    No, thank you!
    NPC Muter
    pChat
    Personal Assistant
    Pet Dismiss
    Quality Sort
    Raffle Gold
    Rare Fish Tracker
    Ravalox' Quest Tracker (formerly Wykkyd's Quest Tracker)
    Regrouper
    Remember Junk
    Roomba - Guildbank Stacker
    Saved Dye Sets
    Save My Build
    Scaling Alert [Beta] - Battle Leveling, Scaled Instance...
    Screenshot Helper
    Shissu's Guild Tools
    Shissu's Lua Memory
    ShowWeaponbarId
    Sieged Keeps
    SkyShards
    Slightly Improved Experience Bar
    Slightly Improved Gameplay
    SuperStar - Character Builder
    Target Whisper
    T's Combat Stats (for Update 6)
    Thief's Knapsack
    Tinydog's Crafting Calculator
    Troublemaker
    Votan's Keybinder
    Wykkyd Equipment Borders
    Wykkyd Mailbox
    Wykkyd Toolbar

+patches
    Advanced Filters:
    -Stolen Items
    -With Filter Reset Button
    Harvens
    Harven's AS to LAM adapter

Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 3:18PM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just released a patch btw - maybe it will fix the new addons causing weird conflicts issue that never used to happen.

EDIT: nope, just a patch to let you know if your system isn't DirectX11 compatible.
    Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 3:31PM
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    sry for the late response @babylon

I did exactly a multiplication of 128MB when i changed my settings. like i said, the old version functions perfectly so i am just going with this
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sry for the late response @babylon

I did exactly a multiplication of 128MB when i changed my settings. like i said, the old version functions perfectly so i am just going with this

KK wonder what the issue is though, you want to list your addons and see if we can sort it, or just happy waiting for a hopeful fix to whatever it is?
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Like i said in the beginning I cross checked it quite some times:
    all addons on = crash
    all addons out = no crash
    only MM on = crash
    all addons on expect MM = no crash
    some addons on and MM = crash
    MM newest version will all addons active = crash
    MM old version with all addons active = no crash
    Had my LUA memory with all veriations from 512 to 8192 (or whatever the exact dublication was) and as long as i had the newest version of MM i kept crashing

But i actively only use:
    advanced filters
    codex
    ftc
    skyshards
    lorebooks
    master merchant
    raidificator

and thats pretty much it
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonder what it is. Can you try uninstalling all other addons just to see (rather than just disabling them).
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Ye will try it out and let you know . look for my edit of this post in 15min
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KK.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also have another idea to try - move all the MM Data.lua files out of your saved variables folder and see if that helps.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    ahh just gonna repost.

still kept crashing. Deleted my whole addon folder aswell as my addon setting document, manually installed MM Version 1.8.3. and had a crash, LUA limit still set to 8192
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ahh just gonna repost.

still kept crashing. Deleted my whole addon folder aswell as my addon setting document, manually installed MM Version 1.8.3. and had a crash, LUA limit still set to 8192

No try going into SavedVariables folder (it's separate from the AddOns folder) and removing the MM Data.lua files.

And you definitely do not need 8 gigs of LUA memory, set to 512MB.
    Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 8:56PM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Baumlaus - you try this yet?
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    That was jsut to test it and make sure its not LUA related i did set it back already.

Savedvariables was the addon document i meant, i deleted that file when you told me to only install MM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was jsut to test it and make sure its not LUA related i did set it back already.

Savedvariables was the addon document i meant, i deleted that file when you told me to only install MM

SavedVariables is a folder btw, not a document (again just checking we're speaking the same language here). It has a ton of files inside it.

Other than that, with it being okay on my computer and not on yours, it now has to be in the realm of hardware/software/drivers etc.

One last try - delete your shader.cooked file and repair client, after that lets just assume it's one of those mysterious computer hardware/software/drivers issues that would take tons of work to figure out.

@Baumlaus
    Edited by babylon on March 15, 2016 9:47PM
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    ok i'll give it a shot over night and will repair the game and do what you suggested just now and yes we are talking the same folders
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KK hope it works out for you :)
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, like i said, the old version is working perfectly fine for me so i am ok but it would be nice anyways to get to the core of the problem ;)
    Edited by Baumlaus on March 15, 2016 11:16PM
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue new mm version crashes. even with everything else uninstalled. might it be a corrupted data as entry?
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I reinstalled the game over night just for fun and to test it out, only installed MM as an addon and still kept on crashing @babylon
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a new version of MM available that seems to have addressed the crashing issue. I downloaded it last night, and had no problems.

A good many people that were crashing reported downloading 1.8.3 via Minion; possibly something was corrupted there, I'm not positive. Regardless, 1.8.4 should solve the problem, and can be downloaded via Minion.
    Edited by sylviermoone on March 16, 2016 9:18PM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone