Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set bonus confusion...

Llewyn
Llewyn
✭✭
So I made an armor set comprised of two separate sets (Hundings Rage and Ashen Grip) and should get the 4 piece bonus for Ashen (4 armor pieces slotted) and the 5 piece bonus for Hunding (3 armor pieces slotted, two two handed weapons slotted), however it is showing that I am only getting the 4 piece bonus for Hunding. Did the math change on these and I missed it or is it bugged? Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only your currently active weapon counts for the sets, so you have 3 armour pieces + 1 weapon = 4 pieces hundings rage in total.
  • Llewyn
    Llewyn
    ✭✭
    Ah so the math did change. Aaaalrighty then thanks!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No maths has changed afaik, it's always worked like this. If you have the 5th piece of a set on your inactive bar you don't receive the 5 piece bonus until you switch bars.
    PC | EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No maths has changed afaik, it's always worked like this. If you have the 5th piece of a set on your inactive bar you don't receive the 5 piece bonus until you switch bars.

I think he means the math changes when he swaps bars. Maybe.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    True, but it'll only be if on the second bar he's duel wielding with a pair of Hundings
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, but it'll only be if on the second bar he's duel wielding with a pair of Hundings

This - the only way to get a 5 piece bonus with 3 armour + 2 weapons is with dual wield or weapon+shield (yes I know that technically a shield is armour).

If you don't have one of these combos on both your bars, you you will lose the 5th bonus when you swap bars.

Note this is for constructed sets - most dropped sets bring jewellery into the equation which can make it easier to get the bonuses you want.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llewyn wrote: »
    Ah so the math did change.
    Nope, always been that way ...
    :smile: