Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Peril at the Pools" - can't reach Mevis Othrys

ManicDee
ManicDee
✭✭
Does anyone else have this problem? It appears that part of the platform required to reach Mevis Othrys has gone missing.

• ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    My image link disappeared, or I'm missing some vital step in getting the editor to work. Here's the URL for the image: http://imgur.com/PZis5qf
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    If it's the quest at the sulphur pools, I think you just run round the rocks behind him to find a ramp up from the other side. The image will probably just be a missing texture (similar to what you see on asset loading occasionally)

Ironically, his dialogue is that he's pleased the thunder bugs didn't walk round the rocks to get to him :p
    Edited by LaucianNailor on March 14, 2016 7:46AM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    The quest was fixed: it wasn't a missing texture, it was actual missing planks. I was getting cranky because I don't like it when MMOs try doing platform game style activities. If I wanted that I'd go play Donkey Kong or Mario :D
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    What was the solution to this? I have three platforms, of which Mevis is on the third. But there are no planks between them and they are just far enough apart that I can't jump. The other side has very high scaffolding that can't be climbed. Is there something I'm missing?
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    NM. If anyone else is having this problem: there is a horizontal support beam that you can hop onto. Won't get you on top of the third platform but it will make Mevis accessible to talk to.
  • Grawlog
    Grawlog
    ✭✭
    This quest is still broken, with the planks between the platforms missing. Reloadui and relogging do not fix the issue. There are YouTube videos that show how the platforms are supposed to look. Kind of a frustrating bug.
  • smivy
    smivy
    Soul Shriven
    Ihad the missing platform problem and opened a ticket. They told me to power cycle the PlayStation, which just means turn it off. It worked.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got onto one bit but could not jump over. So summonded my mount & used it to jump over.....so finally got to finish the quest after running / jumping around that rock for a stupid long time!
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    I actually just stood below him and was able to interact and thus finish the quest.

Maybe i got lucky but it worked for me.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that this is still not working correctly, for me at least. Interestingly enough, I have stood by and watched people walk right across without having to jump, meanwhile no such objects are there to bridge the gap for me. As someone above mentioned, simply getting on your mount makes jumping across much easier than jumping across yourself, however it will still probably take a couple tries.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!