Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The issues I'm having with the Orsinium DLC

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
So I got a problem. Yesterday, I went to check out the Orsinium DLC and noticed all mobs were scaled to V16 with huge health pools. I'm a Level 31 Stam DK. My Guild told me that my level and gear also get scaled to that level.
Being typically a soloer, my problem doesn't have to do about not killing them... but taking 15-30 seconds to kill one mob (that it would normally take 5-10 seconds on standard health pools), and this gives mobs more of a chance to kill me. Even in Werewolf form, it takes a while to get their health down to 0.
Most of my crafted gear is about Level 26-28. Also, my 2H Weapon skill is 20 (using a Maul). Thing is, I can't keep depending on my generous crafting guild that offers crafting for free, to keep giving me upgrades every 5-10 levels I level up. That feels very wrong.
I don't know what to do, besides getting into gear crafting myself. Never started and have no idea where to. I've never had a really high production profession in any MMORPG.
I'm using Igneous Shield to save my tail, but some mobs manage to shred through it with only a few hits.

Any advice will be welcomed. Want to be able to enjoy Orsinium, but I also don't want to take 15-30 seconds continuously whacking a mob with my maul (spamming all the abilities until I run out of both Stamina and Magicka) until it dies.
Edited by Benie on March 14, 2016 12:25AM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I recently farmed a bit with my 31 DK in Orsinium, and though it does take a bit of a while longer to take things down opposed to your normal level 30 mobs, it's definitely doable and not terribly more work. Assuming that your build is good, you should be able to handle the content fairly easily even solo.

For crafting, the best advice I could give is to YouTube up some crafting tutorials. If I remember right, Deltia put out number of videos on it, and if not they're are plenty of others out there for each profession. Mats can be farmed with enough time, or simply bought from guild traders.

Should that still not work out, the only other advice I can give is to get some more skill points, level up a bit and give orsinium another shot later when you've picked up some more experience.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the fact mobs are hitting me like a truck. I can get their health down and kill them, but it takes a lot longer. And I feel with the extra time it takes of taking them down, they have more of a chance to take me down.
    A question, though. Does the 2H Weapon skill affect DPS in any way?
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    You could purchase the tempers and tannins for your guild to improve your gear so they're not out of pocket if you feel bad about asking for new stuff. But I think the mobs will always take a bit longer than "normal" level ones.

Wait until you try an area boss....