The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't you just lower player caps again?

Kas
Kas
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't care for "epic zergfests" or whatever it says on the box of ESO....
Campaigns with 2-3 bars are actually really good right now. I really enjoy playing in that state and so does pretty much everyone I talk to.
Pop locked, however, still totally breaks the game.

At least on EU, not all campaigns are full either.
To me personally, it seems that lower pop caps could fix all problems, tbh.

Even helps with how dramatic the difference in #players can become potentially.
Edited by Kas on April 4, 2016 10:54AM
@bbu - AD/EU
Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
+ many others
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch Azura to Trueflame and you're right. However last night of the 3 main campaigns, only TF had any good sizeable action. Spellbreaker gradually turned blue since there was no competition and Ebony Blade was quiet.

I heard reds pop locked on Spellbreaker later on, but by then TF was bareable lag-wise
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my point still stands (forget campaign names in this old thread).
    pvp with everyone up to 3 bars is great and fun. as soon as the screen shows a lock, expect ***.

just lowering the caps would help incredibly much, imo.
    that said, at 3 bars campaigns do not feel empty at all. if anything you have more action because less people are stuck inside keeps trying to get through the door but keep getting ported in ;)
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd support this if sewers were taken to a seperate queuing system
    A medium pop map is only fun when the people are actually playing the map rather than grinding in the sewers
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd support this if sewers were taken to a seperate queuing system
    A medium pop map is only fun when the people are actually playing the map rather than grinding in the sewers

yeah, that's true.
    without the idea of gated access, i don't see why sewers should have to be coupled with the "real Cyrodiil" population caps at all
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Campaigns with 2-3 bars are actually really good right now. I really enjoy playing in that state and so does pretty much everyone I talk to.

Fully agree, medium pop cap, no sewers population in it
    Edited by prootch on April 4, 2016 1:28PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    prootch wrote: »

I agree, but how do you implement this? Would you like to enter Sewers and then be locked in it because their is a queue to get out?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

I agree, but how do you implement this? Would you like to enter Sewers and then be locked in it because their is a queue to get out?

tbf they already are to some extend. you can only leave through your own base and show up down at the gate. adding a wayshrine to leave it (you still can though the IC dungeon entrances by the way) and a queue does not seem to do too much harm to the experience imho. after all, i don't know too many players that fluently switch between ic and outdoor-cyro a lot. most people either go farm or gank and sewers OR pvp. personally, I have twinks logged in different campaign's sewers and they never see the light of day again.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about having IC seperated into campaigns as well, where you Choose one, get rewards on top of overworld cyrodil rewards, and they are unrelated to the cyrodil campaigns...cause what happens in IC stays in IC other than you personal AP gains...nothing happens that changes the war "outside"...
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if for a week all EU players stayed on EU servers and all US. players stayed on US. servers if there would be a bit of a performance boost?
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Just change the port point to your main PvE city like they do with the dungeons. Come into Cyrodiil to get there, but leave and you're back in Wayrest etc and have to queue back in.
    The Legendary Nothing