The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Someone please help. My brother has problems trying to load his veteran rank character.

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
Since the server maintenance patch dropped, my brother cannot load his vet 1 character at all. He is on Xbox one and what happens is every time he tries to load his vet 1 character he gets error server connection failure. Can someone please help out at all?
Edited by Elektrakosh on March 12, 2016 7:50AM
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the patch dropped, my brother cannot load his vet 1 character at all. He is on Xbox one and what happens is every time he tries to load his vet 1 character he gets error server connection failure. Can someone please help out at all?

What patch? We haven't had a patch on the XB1 since January 26th.

You can have him delete his saved game data on the console to see if it helps.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    So clearing the cache wont work?

I'll ask him to try that thank you.

Server maintenance patch that's slowed our characters running speed amongst other bugs. My character is slowed for some reason and some spells misfire. Perhaps it's a region thing?
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 12, 2016 8:13AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    So clearing the cache wont work?

I'll ask him to try that thank you.

Server maintenance patch that's slowed our characters running speed amongst other bugs. My character is slowed for some reason and some spells misfire. Perhaps it's a region thing?

As a little note please have him do these steps in the order I have them within the number order as if it works it may not have as big of a fix effect if he doesn't do all the steps in this order:

1. Have him delete his saved data from the console and the cloud (his characters and game data will be fine, meaning he will not lose any progress he will be back to where he was at after these steps are completed since that's all part of the ESO servers this just removes Xbox associated data that will be reinstalled fresh upon booting the game up again.)

2. Next have him remove his profile from the console by signing out and going into the settings app on his console and go to remove accounts. (this will just remove his Microsoft account from the console he will just need to re-download it after these steps are completed.)

3. Finally do a power cycle. After all that's done plug the console back in and start it up, re-download the profile by logging into the console as if it were brand new and now have him try the game again. I hope this would work as this would put the console into an almost brand new state that's without a factory reset.

Information Link For Power Cycling Your Xbox One: Essentially follow the entire article from top to bottom and you should do it just perfect.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Good Luck :smile: I hope this works, if it doesn't he will probably need to contact support.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Dragonsamurai360 I'll let him know.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.