Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Daily crafting quests

csutoras
csutoras
✭✭
I started out in Blacksmithing, but since have moved to Clothier.

Each day I see I can get and complete the Alliance quest for Blacksmithing, but I never get any writs for Clothing. How do I get the write for Clothing instead of Blacksmithing.

Also curious if there is enough Skill points in the game to support two crafting skills, without losing out on Combat skills?
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the same person in davon's watch (inside the fighter's guild) that certified you for blacksmithing, and tell her you believe you're good enough to be a certified clothier too. Until you do that, it's "unofficial".

I am a Vet 16 that has only skyshard hunted in 3-6 areas of the map and ran a half-assed DPS/tank nightblade switchable character with all important skill points in every crafting line at the same time. I respecced my character to dump the tank portion and have 12 skill points left over for the new DLC. It's quite easy.
  • csutoras
    csutoras
    ✭✭
    Go to the same person in davon's watch (inside the fighter's guild) that certified you for blacksmithing, and tell her you believe you're good enough to be a certified clothier too. Until you do that, it's "unofficial".

I am a Vet 16 that has only skyshard hunted in 3-6 areas of the map and ran a half-assed DPS/tank nightblade switchable character with all important skill points in every crafting line at the same time. I respecced my character to dump the tank portion and have 12 skill points left over for the new DLC. It's quite easy.

Thank you very much. Done!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    csutoras wrote: »
    I started out in Blacksmithing, but since have moved to Clothier.

Each day I see I can get and complete the Alliance quest for Blacksmithing, but I never get any writs for Clothing. How do I get the write for Clothing instead of Blacksmithing.

Also curious if there is enough Skill points in the game to support two crafting skills, without losing out on Combat skills?

I have all crafting and all passives for crafting on my main and struggle to figure out where to put skill points (I have too many) and there are still more to get.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many, many, many skill points in the game. I have a character with max blacksmith, cloth, wood, alchemy, and provision.

However, so you don't have to hunt the harder sky shards, I tend to favor having a "consumables alt" to make potions, food and glyphs. Shifting these skill points to a secondary character is helpful...and then they can hold all the runes, ingredients, etc.