Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I know if I'm running the 64-bit client?

HaldaAinur
HaldaAinur
✭✭✭
I'm assuming that's simply after it updates. Currently my launcher has updated itself twice.

I've used the eso64 route before but I'd rather not have to. Thanks!
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked task manager, its running 32 bit for some reason. Any fixes for this or are we just going to have to use eso64 until it is?

Also checked launcher and in game settings; no apparent option for 64bit.
    Edited by HaldaAinur on March 10, 2016 2:38PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to open it from the file directory where you installed it. the launcher isn't updated yet to run the 64bit natively.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    you need to open it from the file directory where you installed it. the launcher isn't updated yet to run the 64bit natively.

Ah okay, I've been doing that so far, so good to know!

However, I do notice that by doing so, my client then randomly updates itself, with no apparent changes to it by doing-so. (I started using the eso64 route yesterday via a shortcut, the next day it updated itself again for no- well apparent -reason).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

Ah okay, I've been doing that so far, so good to know!

However, I do notice that by doing so, my client then randomly updates itself, with no apparent changes to it by doing-so. (I started using the eso64 route yesterday via a shortcut, the next day it updated itself again for no- well apparent -reason).

They have been releasing hotfixes for the new PC/Mac clients, so that might be why you are seeing updates.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make a shortcut to the EXE and place it on your desktop. There is no need to use the Launcher unless it is a Patch Day. And, the login will tell you if you have an out of date client if you miss the patch announcement. The Launcher has some issues, like the constant Patch Manifest errors that are not really errors to worry about. It can also mess with your game performance if it tries to update the PTS while your running the game.
    They have been releasing hotfixes for the new PC/Mac clients, so that might be why you are seeing updates.

At least on my rig, I need to have the Launcher open to get the updates. I never use the Launcher unless it's patch day as above. Unless the OP kept the launcher open while using the 64 bit exe

Edited by Nestor on March 10, 2016 9:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should not be seeing updates to the software occur while you are already logged-in to the game.

If you launch the 64-bit client, then do not use Launcher unless a message is displayed that the game client is "out of date". In that case, exit the 64-bit client, then run Launcher and it will update the software. When it changes its button to "Play", close Launcher and run the 64-bit client (preferably by using a desktop shortcut).

By the way, if you use a shortcut, then right-click the shortcut icon on the desktop and choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab. Near the bottom, in the Privilege Level section enable "Run this program as an administrator". This will avoid potential file-access permission problems.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Make a shortcut to the EXE and place it on your desktop. There is no need to use the Launcher unless it is a Patch Day. And, the login will tell you if you have an out of date client if you miss the patch announcement. The Launcher has some issues, like the constant Patch Manifest errors that are not really errors to worry about. It can also mess with your game performance if it tries to update the PTS while your running the game.

At least on my rig, I need to have the Launcher open to get the updates. I never use the Launcher unless it's patch day as above. Unless the OP kept the launcher open while using the 64 bit exe

Got the error message in game that I needed to update. Had it open one or twice, but regardless of if the launcher was in the background or not, the game still wanted to update, so I guess it's just one of those things. I'm just happy the game is running as it should be :)
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    You should not be seeing updates to the software occur while you are already logged-in to the game.

If you launch the 64-bit client, then do not use Launcher unless a message is displayed that the game client is "out of date". In that case, exit the 64-bit client, then run Launcher and it will update the software. When it changes its button to "Play", close Launcher and run the 64-bit client (preferably by using a desktop shortcut).

By the way, if you use a shortcut, then right-click the shortcut icon on the desktop and choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab. Near the bottom, in the Privilege Level section enable "Run this program as an administrator". This will avoid potential file-access permission problems.

Been using shortcut without note-worthy issue. Thanks for the tips!
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

If you launch the 64-bit client, then do not use Launcher unless a message is displayed that the game client is "out of date".

Since the most recent maintenance patch for the Dark Brotherhood, Launcher has been updated to detect 64-bit systems and will launch the 64-bit game client if the hardware is 64-bit. So it is not necessary to use a desktop shortcut to launch the 64-bit game client and Launcher will update all of the installed software after a patch, regardless.

However, Z.O. recommends that the shortcut for running Launcher itself be configured to run it with Administrator privileges, as I described for the 64-bit game client shortcut above.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi