Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I get Thieves Guild (standard)+Orsinium or only Thieves Guild Collectors Edition?

RexyCat
RexyCat
✭✭✭✭
Is it worth to buy Thieves Guild standard (2K Crowns) or Thieves Guild Collectors Edition (4K Crowns), with experience scrolls, camel mount and a pet or is it better to get Orsinium (3K Crowns) and Thieves Guild (standard) for the same amount in Crowns?

From earlier I have Imperial City, but haven't been around that much in that part of DLC. My Sorcerer is at lvl 38 ATM. I guess I want to try out more group content later, but at the moment the main story and side quests are what I like to get back into and finish up.

Thankful for advice on this matter!

Best Answers

• nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it really depends on much you value the "fluff" with the TG collectors addition.

If you are after content Wrothgar, is massive and chock full of story, daily content, Maelstrom Arena and many many quests for a leveling character. Personally, after a couple days of playing the TG Dlc it seems fairly small and will get played out quickly.
    Answer ✓
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went with the standard TG because I wanted a different camel and I wasn't interested in the pet. Plus I still have 5 scrolls from the Orsinium bundle. Bundle is only worth it if you want more than just the DLC and the mount. Otherwise it's cheaper to buy the standard only.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Answer ✓
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally Id go with buying both.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I went with the standard TG because I wanted a different camel and I wasn't interested in the pet. Plus I still have 5 scrolls from the Orsinium bundle. Bundle is only worth it if you want more than just the DLC and the mount. Otherwise it's cheaper to buy the standard only.

I forgot to mention that I have already a horse which I have upgraded with slots, so I am not really in need of a camel (mount). Experience scrolls could be useful to level up my Sorcerer or start a new toon with these new skill lines.

Maybe it is best to just buy bundle of experience scrolls (5) for 1000 Crowns to get faster development of my toon? Crafting take some time and then there is that never ending story about bank and bag space....

What Camel did you buy instead of that is being offered now?
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    nodulo wrote: »
    I guess it really depends on much you value the "fluff" with the TG collectors addition.

If you are after content Wrothgar, is massive and chock full of story, daily content, Maelstrom Arena and many many quests for a leveling character. Personally, after a couple days of playing the TG Dlc it seems fairly small and will get played out quickly.

Haven't been playing ESO TU (and Imperial City had been released) since GW2 went live with Heart of Thorns. So I am a bit nOOb about Wrothgar, but looked it up on UESP and it looks to be plenty to do there, so it is probably worth to get Orsinium for that reason. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Thieves Guild looks like it is more about going deeper into Legerdemain skills and extend them further with some quests related to Guild. Haven't looked into what it means for story except for marketing on ESO Site.

Saw that they added new collections on my game, so that is nice....less to carry around with my limited bag space. :-)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

I forgot to mention that I have already a horse which I have upgraded with slots, so I am not really in need of a camel (mount). Experience scrolls could be useful to level up my Sorcerer or start a new toon with these new skill lines.

Maybe it is best to just buy bundle of experience scrolls (5) for 1000 Crowns to get faster development of my toon? Crafting take some time and then there is that never ending story about bank and bag space....

What Camel did you buy instead of that is being offered now?

Riding skills will transfer, but if you don't what a camel, buy the standard and what ever else you want separately.

And I'm waiting on the white camel which isn't out yet.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    It's better to buy TG standard +Orsinium if you want an effective cost/quality ratio and looking more for the content than cosmetic and "utility" stuff like pets etc. TG has much less content than Orsinium, so for 4k edition you just buy more pets and scrolls than new content. Eventually Hews Bane is just a location to harvest v16 resources once theTG line quest is done.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    It's better to buy TG standard +Orsinium if you want an effective cost/quality ratio and looking more for the content than cosmetic and "utility" stuff like pets etc. TG has much less content than Orsinium, so for 4k edition you just buy more pets and scrolls than new content. Eventually Hews Bane is just a location to harvest v16 resources once theTG line quest is done.

Thanks for your help!

I bought TG+Orsinium. Will probably get some more Crowns before sale will end and get some scrolls to faster level up my sorc.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it worth to buy Thieves Guild standard (2K Crowns) or Thieves Guild Collectors Edition (4K Crowns), with experience scrolls, camel mount and a pet or is it better to get Orsinium (3K Crowns) and Thieves Guild (standard) for the same amount in Crowns?
    I thought the extra 2,000 for a camel and a pet was a bit much and not really a bargain at all, when the whole rest of the DLC was the same price. Was there something else that made it more valuable but wasn't listed?