Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves guild quest chain

Airavis
Airavis
I'm at 10 out of 12 for thieves guild story quests but i cant find where to start the next quest anywhere. Does it require some guild rank? I'm only rank 4.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda in the same boat, apparently finished the main story line but it's still showing I need 1 more of the 16 story quests, can't find where it'd be or who it's for. At rank 8.6 about
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the other guild quest chains, the Thieves Guild quest chain will give you a new main quest in the chain when you rank up in the guild. So you'll likely need to get to rank 5 in the Thieves Guild skill line before you get the next quest.

That won't be the case with you though, @Jcorv58 . You must have missed one of the non-main quest story quests. Have you done 2 personal quests for Quen, 2 for Walks-Softly, 2 for Velsa, and 1 for Zeira?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    That won't be the case with you though, @Jcorv58 . You must have missed one of the non-main quest story quests. Have you done 2 personal quests for Quen, 2 for Walks-Softly, 2 for Velsa, and 1 for Zeira?

I really don't remember how many I did for each one, I thought they all had one personal story quest. Which I'm certain I finished each one.
    Edit: I hit rank 9 right after posting and Veslas other quest popped up. Is there a list of the TG questline though? I still haven't unlocked the assistant since I apparently haven't finished the TG questline...

Edited by SpiderKnight on March 25, 2016 2:54AM
  • Veske_Valrune
    Veske_Valrune
    ✭✭✭
    Rank 10 gives access to the final mission as well as the last guildies help mission if I remember correctly
    PC
    North American Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Informative, thank you, not long started TG quest chain myself, was busy with other things.

Do you get a skill point with every main quest in the TG questline ?

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jcorv58 wrote: »
    Is there a list of the TG questline though?

You can find a list of the Thieves Guild quests, side quests and all their details on
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Thieves_Guild
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I have a better guess (besides, I know it's true so its not really a guess) - Thieves guild quests only get you 15 out of 16 quests for achievement. You need to do a Secret Shame or Shark's Teeth thingy also. Notice that the achievement does not say "you need to complete 16 Thieves Guild quests", it says "complete 16 quests in Hew's Bane". ;)

Yeah, UESP has a good bit of the information up, sadly I've missed a few rank prerequisites because I ranked up real fast in the beginning :p I'll try complete the pages when I can be ars..ehh when I have time!! <3
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Yeah, but only the "main" story, not Quen/Velsa/Walks-Softly's quests. So that's 6 skill points I think?
    Rank 10 gives access to the final mission as well as the last guildies help mission if I remember correctly

You should be able to do Prison Break at Rank 8. However, the last personal quest which is Zeira's, locks up at Rank 10.
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Yeah, but only the "main" story, not Quen/Velsa/Walks-Softly's quests. So that's 6 skill points I think?

Thank you :)
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on March 27, 2016 12:37PM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Dragonfly80123
    Dragonfly80123
    Soul Shriven
    I had finished all the other quests in the main quest line but Zeira didn't offer the last quest. I then did a quest from the tip board, pick pocketing in 3 regions. As soon as this was complete a note from Zeira appeared in the thieves den.
    I had done tip board quests before but never completed all three levels, just would do the minimum for a small reward. Maybe Zeira doesn't trust you to handle her quest until you prove yourself with a top result from the tip board?
    I am level 10 in the Guild's skill line, not sure if it matters.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had finished all the other quests in the main quest line but Zeira didn't offer the last quest. I then did a quest from the tip board, pick pocketing in 3 regions. As soon as this was complete a note from Zeira appeared in the thieves den.
    I had done tip board quests before but never completed all three levels, just would do the minimum for a small reward. Maybe Zeira doesn't trust you to handle her quest until you prove yourself with a top result from the tip board?
    I am level 10 in the Guild's skill line, not sure if it matters.

Level does matter. Like the Main Story, each level increment opens the next quest. The tip board quest you completed must've pushed you over from level 9 to 10, thus opening up the final quest from Zeira.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar