Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double dipping on DLC ~ WTF

Coatmagic
Coatmagic
✭✭✭✭✭
WT actual F, Zeni? NO other game in existence forces you to purchase expansions PER SERVER o.O And, don't even talk to me about how much &*^%%$ work it is to sync ~ that's a BS answer seeing how you has no problems whatsoever making sure the crowns we purchase are subtracted from ACROSS both servers.

Edited by Coatmagic on March 8, 2016 9:02PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on this thread thinking it would be someone complaining about having to buy DLC after unsubscribing to ESO+ if you want to keep playing it... There are a lot of people who have complained about that and called it double-dipping (which it isn't).

Instead I come here and see that your concern is actually a valid and reasonable one. Either crowns should be credited separately to your EU and NA "accounts" rather than being credited to a single pool between the 2 servers (thus allowing you to buy the same or different things on each server, as you like), or they should be credited to a single pool between the 2 servers, but purchases made on one server using crowns should also be applied to the other server.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 OP, but doubt this will ever change, unless it hurts profits.

scan0153.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't consider there to be anything wrong with ZOS' implementation apart from the fact that it is misleading to have the same account on both servers with the same crowns and then to find that the DLC only count on one.

Personally though, that is something I would have investigated first before purchasing.

When you receive a costume for completing a quest on the NA server, does that costume unlock on the EU server? Is anything in the Crown store applied to both NA & EU?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    WT actual F, Zeni? NO other game in existence forces you to purchase expansions PER SERVER o.O And, don't even talk to me about how much &*^%%$ work it is to sync ~ that's a BS answer seeing how you has no problems whatsoever making sure the crowns we purchase are subtracted from ACROSS both servers.

I doubt they are subtracting across both servers environments. Both servers environments are likely looking up a single account that stores your crown total and subtracting from that when you buy something in that environment.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I definitely feel like crown store purchases should be applied to BOTH servers. It doesn’t give me a great sense of ‘customer satisfaction’ to have to buy the same thing more than once. If both servers can ‘talk’ to a third point that stores your crown information, shouldn’t they also be able to communicate to each other through that point to share what was purchased?

NA Server ->”bought house cat, deduct 400”-> Crown Bank -> “bought house cat” -> EU Server
    EU Server -> “bought noble dress, deduct 700” -> Crown Bank -> “bought noble dress” -> NA Server

I mean… I’m sure programming can be complicated, I don’t know myself what would go into this, But I find it very hard to believe this would be so impossible. So I agree it sounds like a poor excuse for an un-customer-friendly policy.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 9, 2016 1:28AM