The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Didn't get random dungeon award?

• Insaniak
    Insaniak
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently experiencing this bug while playing with my wife. This has happened 3 days in a row, where we are in a group and I queue us, and then I get the random reward but she doesn't.
  • Tywele
    Tywele
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing this bug also with a friend. Whenever we queue for random normal dungeon as a premade group only the group leader of our partial group is receiving the reward.
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise.
    I queued with a friend yesterday but we didn't get any reward at the end of the dungeon.
    Edited by 888and888 on February 16, 2017 1:16PM
  • Squeezoid
    Squeezoid
    ✭✭
    same happening to me and my friends only the leader of the party gets the bonus for random, the rest dont...
    The aliens are coming for me!! They're gonna use my butt for stuff! SQUEE!!!!!!!!! ~
  • gren236
    gren236
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened to me today. I was going through the random dungeon with my friend (he was a party leader), but i have not recieved any award. He did.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have an ongoing, consistent problem with group finder that players have been complaining about for months and they are releasing caves and mounts instead of fixing it. I am starting to understand what the naysayers have been saying about this game.
  • Zippo
    Zippo
    Soul Shriven
    I am having this issue also. When I'm leader I get the rewards and my friend doesn't and when he's leader he gets it but I don't. I've submitted a bunch of bug reports and tickets. It's hard to believe it's been an issue for so long! Come on Zeni, at least look into it!
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens to me anytime when I log with someone.

After homestead update, it works like this:
    1. If you log alone, you will get the reward (assuming that DF didn't bugged itself at the start, you have still message "in progress" during run, and pop-up message "activity complete" appears)
    2. If you log with 3 other players as a premade group, you will get the reward (with same condition like before)
    3. If you log with 1 or 2 friends. You and your friends will get the reward only if the group leader, after the DF group is formed, isn't passed on the stranger. If it is, you will get the reward always but your friends will get the reward only if the stranger was queued as random as well. If the stranger gets the group leader and was logged as specific dungeon, your friends will not get the reward (but you will).

But I noticed this week, that logging as premade causes random kicking from the start and DF progress disappearing.

Your best bet is to log alone. We were always duo with a friend, but lately we log alone just to prevent bugs with the reward. Since we log alone, no reward bugs so far.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on March 23, 2017 9:07AM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    The recent patch allegedly fixed this.

Fixed an issue when utilizing the Grouping Tool where you would not receive the bonus rewards after completing a dungeon if you were not the group leader.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The recent patch allegedly fixed this.

Fixed an issue when utilizing the Grouping Tool where you would not receive the bonus rewards after completing a dungeon if you were not the group leader.

Can't find this in recent patch notes - 2.7.10 https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10#latest nor in the earlier 2.7.9 and 2.7.8 patch notes.

Can you please post source for that?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There's still an outstanding issue where group members are not receiving their rewards after completing a dungeon, which we're working on fixing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair these rewards arent worth much, and usually just clutter my inventory. Id be fine without them.

Just sayin.
  • jahmic
    jahmic
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hey @MissBizz, for the queue pop delay issue you're reporting, is that happening when you join the queue with a partially formed group? A fully-formed group? Both?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom UrQuan and I were actually in the group together, so everything UrQuan and I stated above in this thread applies. It was the same 4 people both times. Full formed group both times. I found it really weird that the random vet dungeon took 20 minutes, but the random normal dungeon took 8. We all even stayed on the same characters and such for both dungeons.
    Just to emphasize (I said it above, but just in case it gets missed) it was the same 4 people both times, all invited manually before queuing both times, and all with the same roles selected both times (nobody with more than 1 role selected, and we had 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS), but it was 2 separate groups, because we had to disband and re-invite in order to queue for a random dungeon again. If that makes a difference...

Got it, thank you! We're getting a bug in for this now.

Not sure if this is related, but I regularly queue for dungeons in a pre-made group of 3: tank, healer, and dps are all in group. If the healer or tank has lead and puts us in queue for a random dungeon, we get a group immediately. If the dps has lead and queues for the dungeon, the wait time seems to have the typical delay you would see as a solo dps player looking for a group. This is with the same group that has a tank healer and dps in group with all players having selected a single role. We waited, tried canceling and re-queuing...still waited several minutes with no luck. As soon as lead is transfered to a healer or tank, they immediately queue, and we get an immediate ready check for the random dungeon.

It seems something is wrong where the ready check system for these randoms only recognizes the group leader. We've also been having issues with not receiving random dungeon rewards. We premake a group of 3 with healer as lead, queue, and at the end only the leader gets credit. Screen says activity complete, but no reward or XP. Happened to us at least 3x last night.
    PVE MagDK
    PC NA
  • devinm_1919b16_ESO
    devinm_1919b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    There's still an outstanding issue where group members are not receiving their rewards after completing a dungeon, which we're working on fixing.

Has the fix been pushed out yet? I ran into this bug yesterday with my friends :(
  • Haulrik
    Haulrik
    Soul Shriven
    Bug still here, zenimax, get u please
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug has been in the game for over a year. I understand that coding is difficult and all that, and it's just not a walk in the park to fix bugs like this, but it is very frustration.

Whenever me and my friend joins a dungeon, only the leader gets the rewards, while the other player gets absolutely nothing at all.
  • raenofgod_ESO
    raenofgod_ESO
    ✭✭

..... this issue has been "outstanding" for 14 months.... like mikejezz said, I understand that coding can be difficult and all but..... OVER A YEAR?!? Come on!!

My group had this problem last night queue'ing with 3 people (none of us got the reward) and just a few minutes ago I queue'd with one friend and again, neither of us got the reward.

I'm normally not the type of person to post on here and complain but again... OVER A YEAR.....
    The Healer’s Creed
    I am a healer. I will daily stare death in the face to steal those that depend on me back from its jaws.
    I will be the stone that others can stand on to cross the torrent of trouble that has found us.
    No matter what others may say, I will not waver. Mara, give me strength of heart, if not of body.

Ballas, Noss, Lata!
  • Chaoxsis
    Chaoxsis
    Soul Shriven
    this is crazy- i didnt even know it was an issue because im new to the game and have NEVER gotten a reward when doing a daily dungeon with my friends.

thats about 7 or 8 that ive done with no bounus= no fair
  • mcclintock18b14_ESO
    mcclintock18b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

What is the ETA on this fix? This bug has persisted for over a year now and is greatly reducing the number of people willing to do daily random dungeons. The fewer people willing to do them, the longer the matchmaking takes. The longer matchmaking takes, the fewer people are willing to do daily random dungeons. Wash and repeat.

Whenever we are in a pre-formed group, whether it's 2 or 4 of us, only the group leader who initiates the matchmaking will get the EXP bonus at the end. We first noticed this bug when the Homestead patch was released and this thread confirms ZoS was aware at this time. This bug should *NEVER* have been allowed to persist for as long as it has. Get a couple developers assigned to this today and don't take them off of it until it's resolved.
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for a while now. Not only not getting the random bonus, but also the removing from area bug that has been on XBOX since homestead launch. Half the time you get a group you immediately get removed from area, a player always seems to leave group after this, then your stuck with a 15 minute queue timer. Then to requeue and go through same process after that.

I'm lucky to even complete a dungeon at this point in the bugged game we enjoy so much. And if I'm lucky to get a group successfully I dont get the reward after. This is utter nonsense.
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    So dungeon finder is still broken on xbox and other systems. It's been especially bad since Homestead launched. The dungeon tool is now plagued with removing from area as soon as you enter, not getting random dungeon bonuses, and other issues. Now when you get a group, you enter dungeon, get removed from area, and someone always seems to leave group after that. The tool wont allow you requeue to replace the player that left, and then groups tend to disband. Then theres a 15 minute queue timer to try again. It passes, then you re-queue, as a dps theres usually a 30-45 minute wait, you get a group and then boom. Same situation and you just wasted an hour. If you are lucky enough to get a group that stays together, you port back to dungeon, complete it just to find you didnt get the random dungeon bonus...time to try again for another hour or 2.

This has been a repeating process for me since Homestead launched in February on Xbox. That's a whopping four months ago and longer on other issues. The system had a few bugs before but now its unbearable. Not enjoyable to play at all. It makes much the the PVE group content unplayable.

What really pisses me off is the fact that this has been reported time and time again in general discussion, bug reports, and in support tickets. Each time you get a generic lame response like "working as intended." Is it really?!? And after months of reporting and complaints from the community we've yet to see any authentic response from mods or developers.

But a miracle happened yesterday. The group finder for battlegrounds isnt properly working. It was reported yesterday at launch and....ITS A MIRACLE! A RESPONSE FROM MODS! Not one but 3!
    Here is link https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349867/battlegrounds-still-broken/p1 . It gets even better though, first response is trying to blame players for not queing properly. Then its "working as intended" but we'll look into it. Then the third one from @ZOS_GinaBruno :

Hey all, just to give you an update, we are aware and still investigating ongoing queue issues on PC. @ZOS_BrianWheeler even ran into it last night (yes, we do play our game) so we know it's happening, we just need to figure out the source and get it resolved.

So only after one of the mods/dev's runs into the issue themselves does it truly become investigated after numerous complaints from the paying customers?!? And also since you stated so boldly that you do play your game with such pride, have you somehow missed the fact that dungeon finder has been broken for months now? But let's not address that cause its not affiliated with Morrowind and its $60 price tag so its not a priority at this time. This is utterly ridiculous, not to mention horrible customer service.

WILL THIS ISSUE EVER BE ADDRESSED!
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WILL THIS ISSUE EVER BE ADDRESSED!

Based on how long the bug has been in place, and the track record of bug fixing...

Carnac says "Probably not"
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • mcclintock18b14_ESO
    mcclintock18b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, sounds like a lot are still having these issues and I'm so *$%#^@& sick of this bug.

If they refuse to dedicate resources to fix this bug in a timely fashion then we can and should file a class-action lawsuit. The issue has been clearly documented to affect all members of the class and has measurable financial and time impact on those class members, so it should be easy to get a settlement quickly and send a clear message to their management.

Let's see if they respond and get this issue resolved, let's say by end of next week, and if not, then I will start contacting class-action lawyers and see if we can get one to take the case for us.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would then just remove the reward so thinking you are smarter than the studio. No beueno.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people are referencing PC - Z0$ has repeatidly worked on this issue and guess what? - Random dungeons are now broken BUT maybe in a different way LOL

Since around 2 weeks, i noticed, you can repeat the daily random dungeon multiple times consecutively and keep getting the daily rewards and daily bonus exp - fastest way to level a character now.

If you have played this game for over 6 months and this still surprises you shame on you. Everything is broken or being exploited in ESO - just because you don't know about it, does not mean it doesn't exist.
    Edited by KingMagaw on June 7, 2017 5:16PM
  • mcclintock18b14_ESO
    mcclintock18b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Even if they removed the daily bonus today that would not absolve them of the measurable negative impact on users during the time that the bug persisted. The specific issue I'm referring to is the lack of daily bonus to manually formed groups, and it is a highly reproducible bug and as such could have been resolved in a timely fashion had proper resources been dedicated to it. I firmly believe there is enough evidence here to prove ZoS is intentionally neglecting to address the bug in order to dedicate resources to projects aimed at acquiring new customers rather than supporting existing customers. Users who were paying for ESO Plus membership during the time of this bug have a particularly strong case.
  • Xander3Zero
    Xander3Zero
    ✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    If people are referencing PC - Z0$ has repeatidly worked on this issue and guess what? - Random dungeons are now broken BUT maybe in a different way LOL

Since around 2 weeks, i noticed, you can repeat the daily random dungeon multiple times consecutively and keep getting the daily rewards and daily bonus exp - fastest way to level a character now.

If you have played this game for over 6 months and this still surprises you shame on you. Everything is broken or being exploited in ESO - just because you don't know about it, does not mean it doesn't exist.

Honestly I'm loving ESO and the huge chance of pace coming from WoW.... BUT the dungeon finder bugs are pretty ridiculous and there is no excuse for them. In just a few short months of playing I've experienced countless bugs and glitches associated with the DF (and may other areas of the game as well) which are a huge turn off.

All I see from ZOS is "working on it", "we are aware of the issues", "we have a fix in the works", etc. And it seems as if this has been the case for a very long time. I think its ridiculous when longtime forum members here say things like the above quote, because it just seems like alot of people have just grown to accept the poor development of the game. It's pretty sad. I honestly wish I didn't enjoy the game so much because it really is broken in so many ways.

• Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm that there is a bug where manually-formed groups that queue for a random dungeon are not receiving the daily reward. We have a fix for this that we're currently testing, and it will go out in a future incremental patch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, all!

I can personally state that they've been "trying" to fix this for at least 4 patches now. I've had this bug since DB launch last year.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• Balrothar
    Balrothar
    Soul Shriven
    2017, and the bug still here... good job zenimax!!!!!
    "Ysgramor's soup spoon guides you."
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this bug today. Completed 2 normal dungeons, queued solo with the activity finder. No bonus xp on completion.

EU PS4