Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unsummon your summomnd pets

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
How do unsummon your pet?
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • borchan
    borchan
    Press The summon key again
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not since the patch. Pressing the key again casts the special ability of the pet.

Only way I've found so far is to switch to a skill bar without the pet, mildly annoying, especially when he's lost somewhere and just want to resummon.
  • Ytterin
    Ytterin
    ✭✭
    Switch bars, or remove from the bar. The new abilities are really cool, but we need the pets to transition places with us better.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I do, remove them from one of the bars then switch bars, then re add them. All the while hope I do not get attacked.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    You must press RMB on each effect of summons on active effects menu (Character menu).
  • KloudKotuzai
    KloudKotuzai
    ✭✭
    What are the new skills for the pets?
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the new skills for the pets?

From patch notes March 7 @ZOS_GinaBruno

•Summon Winged Twilight: •This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability. •Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

•Decreased the cost to summon a pet from this ability and its morphs by 50%.
    •Increased the cast time to summon the pet to 1.5 seconds from 1.3 seconds.
    •The pet summoned by this ability and its morphs now heals itself for 3% of its maximum Health every two seconds.

•Unstable Clannfear (Unstable Familiar morph): This pet’s special ability will now heal you and the Clannfear for 35% of your maximum Health. •Note that this pet will no longer heal you when it dies.

•Unstable Familiar: •This ability and its morphs are no longer toggle abilities; instead, they are now normal casted abilities. The first activation will summon your pet, and when morphed, the second activation will cast the pet’s special ability. •Note that the pet will still be desummoned if you switch ability bars without slotting it.

•Decreased the cost to summon a pet from this ability and its morphs by 50%.
    •Increased the cast time to summon the pet to 1.5 seconds from 1.3 seconds.
    •The pet summoned by this ability and its morphs now heals itself for 3% of its maximum Health every two seconds.
    •Added the word “Summon” to the name of this ability and its morphs so it now reads “Summon Unstable Familiar.”

•Volatile Familiar (Unstable Familiar morph): This pet’s special ability will now cause it to pulse for point-blank area of effect damage every 2 seconds for 4 seconds, with a 3 second stun on the final pulse. Each pulse will deal 8% of your maximum Magicka. •Note that this pet no longer stuns or deals point-blank area of effect damage when it dies.

The highlighted portions mean that you can not tap the quick slot bar number to desummon it.

PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    You must press RMB on each effect of summons on active effects menu (Character menu).

This is the correct answer.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A request:
    please unsummon your pet when you go to highly populated cities, banks or stations, where you do not need your pet - it will let other players have more FPS ;).
    Especially for these flying Winged Twilights :#
    Edited by Gargath on March 20, 2016 7:59PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those on PC, there's an add-on for that.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

What is RMB on the Character Menu? Am I missing something?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    Morimizo wrote: »

What is RMB on the Character Menu? Am I missing something?

RMB is Right mouse button, not sure what it is for the controller, but whichever button lets you access the dropdown box on inventory items.

I often have to unsummon this way every time I wayshrine within the same zone, since the summon rarely follows, and has to be resummoned.
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭

I think, for now at least, this is the best solution.