Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about magicka Nightblade gear setup

Travestynox
Travestynox
✭✭✭
I am in the process of respeccing my V16 Nightblade from stamina dps to magicka dps, and I would like some advice on gear choices please!

I see most builds recommend some sort of monster head/shoulder configuration and often also the Maelstrom weapon. However, I’ve just started doing dungeons, and won’t try Maelstrom for a while yet until I’m comfortable with my playstyle. What gear would be best to settle for until I can get those special items? Also, what sort of unbuffed spell damage should I be aiming for to do decent dps and still have nice sustain? Sadly, I am prone to burning my resources a bit too fast..
I am aiming for the undaunted bonus, so I’d like to do the 5/1/1 split although it will probably take some time to reap the benefits as I’m only on lvl 3.

I guess what I’m really asking, is what gear configuration will last me the longest without having to be replaced; I do play frequently, but for fun mostly so I’m quite bad at grinding. Hence, funds for getting everything to legendary are there, but tight, so not much room for experimentation.

Lastly, is there any point entertaining the idea of a dps setup that can be switched to a tankier role (I'm thinking Sap tank/healer) without too much fuss?

All and any advice very much appreciated!
Thanks!
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a thread that I started not long ago with some good info. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250376/experienced-pve-magicka-nb-dps-advice-wanted#latest

I’m loving the Nerien’eth head a shoulders for PVE content. It is not the strongest for PVP since the lich crystal takes a few seconds to blow, so players avoid the AoE easily.

In the meantime I’d say that 5 pc. Julianos, and 3pc Torugs is a good way to go. Jewelry makes a big difference too, so try to work on getting the 3 piece Willpower w/ Arcane trait.

Get used to using Siphoning Attacks from the Siphoning skill tree. By keeping this up, and weaving funnel health and light/medium attacks you can easily manage your magicka pool.

Make sure you have a siphoning skill on each bar to get the 8% increased max magicka passive. Also for PVE I would double bar inner light from the mages guild to get another 5% max magicka. Keep working on dungeon completions, achievements to get your undaunted to level 9.

Depending on your race you should end up with around 40K-44K max magicka. Most Mag NB builds I’ve seen go for High Max Mag, High Crit%, high crit damage. My buffed spell damage in only around 3-3.5K, but I still hit hard due to 44K magicka and 67% crit.

Can't really comment on that sap/tank as I have never done it.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll try out your tips! Turns out I'm lvl 4 undaunted so I do have access to Inner light. I'm imperial though, so I won't be max magicka, but those boosts to stamina and health are ncie too :)
  • Kukesh
    Kukesh
    ✭✭✭
    I find deltiasgaming one of the best sites for build info.
    ofc our own eso forum has some nice build descriptions :)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I have a Dunmer NB Magicka build that i run,

I run the following armour sets:

5 x Julianos - all light, infused on Body, Head and legs, rest divines.
    3/4 Magnus - 1 med armour(divines), 1 Heavy armour(Divines), 2 swords nirnhoned, 1 flame staff nirnhoned
    All enchants on armour are Max Magicka
    I use 3 Willpower rings(all enchants on jewelry is Increase SpellPower),
    Mundus is increase spell power(Apprentice)

Destro Bar setup:
    Funnel health
    Impale,
    Merciless Resolve,
    Cripple,
    Magelight,
    U - Soul assault until i get meteor,

Dual wield(Swords)
    Sap Essence,
    Refreshing path,
    Reapers Mark,
    Siphoning Attacks,
    MageLight,
    U - Veil of blades....

I have 54 Attribute points into Magicka,
    10 into health...

He is used strictly for PVE and i find that he manages really well...
    I have no sustain issues, Not even on vWGT/vICP.....

I havent done any Trials or Maelstrom with him yet..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change to 5 julianos on armour and 3 torags on staff bat and 5 julianos, 2 torags, 2 Magnus on DW until you have monster sets. You will have better dps on both bars than your current setup.

Also check out http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/magicka-nightblade-dps-for-2-2/ for skill setup, works great
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    Really appreciate the input! :)
    I see destruction staff on main and DW on back bar is the more popular choice; no need for healing with a restoration staff then I gather?
    And to prepare for monster set, should I just keep head and shoulder pieces at epic level to save resources?