Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Maximum level writs rewards: inspiration items useless

Kayira
Kayira
✭✭✭✭
So my char is vet 16 and has all crafts on level 50. And for a while I have been doing the maximum crafting writs to get more glass motif fragments and recipe fragments. Now literally every day I receive at least on inspiration item. They are useless to a maximum leveled crafter and why should I level an alt in that craft if I already have it on 50 on another. So the only thing I can do with all the inspiration giving weapons and armors is selling them for 250-300g in the guild store which doesn't get bought that quickly.
So please ZOS remove the inspiration giving items from these chest rewards of the maximum level writs. They are absolutely useless to the crafter. Give us more improvement material or increase the rate of fragments or the surveys instead.
EU PC
In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    I used them for decon on my other alts that were not maxed to 50 yet so I can do all writs on all my toons as well as get max hirelings on all of them as well. Did same thing for my second accounts toons.i get so much mats from doing writs and hirelings. I keep all gold mats and sell most of the ones below it (still need some of the lower ones for improving my own gear). Currently have over 8 million in gold. If I was to sell my hold mats surplus I would have atleast 12-15 million. Have just over 500 temp alloys and over 200 Kutas. Not only do you get gold for each writ you get chance for surveys which means more raw mats for decon for gold mats or for Kuta nodes from enchant survey. Half of my toons do craglorn writs so that if I do get a survey, I have a chance for possible nirn harvest from them as well. But since all my toons are maxed in crafts I don't need the inspiration loot from them anymore. Atleast you get to decon them for the materials.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White [Intricate] gear easily sells for 400g on PC NA. Green gear (285% inspiration bonus) easily sells for 600g, and blue gear (290% inspiration bonus) sells decently for 1000g.

If you sell them off for next to nothing, and/or do nothing to improve them and thereby improve their bonuses and resale values, you're just cheating yourself.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that even gathering requires maxed crafting level, they come in handy for alts.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a well thought out suggestion. High level inspiration items are worth more in guild stores than that value of the items that sell for a lot to NPC merchants. Inspiration items are fine.