Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to farm water for Alchemy

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Hi I'm trying to level up Alchemy but I keep running out of water. where is the best place to farm some?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try Dwemer ruins or any place with lots of containers like that. Water is a random drop for the urns. Dwemer ruins have the added bonus that you might get a Motif page too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar has tons of water, and it will level to your alchemy proficiency.

Water is "garbage" for most players, so trade/craft guilds will often have a lot in their banks and stores. If you join a large guild that allows common bank access, they might have some for free.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your faction and which level water you need, but obviously following waterways is a good place to start.

Personally for leveling alchemy I found it goes quickly enough with Pristine and Cleansed water so I haven’t wasted higher water on it. I follow the rivers in Rivenspire for Pristine water and the rivers in Malabal Tor for Cleansed water - both are doable even on low level characters, there aren’t too many enemies you can’t avoid by the Rivenspire rivers, and in Malabal Tor you can easily swim back out into deep water where crocodiles and hoarvors can’t chase you.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Walk around Rivers and streams and you'll find plenty.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    Walk around Rivers and streams and you'll find plenty.

This. Also coasts, especially the coasts of starter islands. You want to be looking for water skins that look like little sacks, or pure water that will be a patch of bubbling water in a stream or river. Not to be confused by a fishing spot.
    PC | EU
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my experience (and I don't do Alchemy at all...) any dungeon such as Dwemer ruins, Nord Barrows (Ebonheart zones), Ayleid ruins (all zones), etc., any place with a plethora of containers will have water literally overflowing from your inventory.

I can't get away from the various Waters and Lockpicks when I'm in a dungeon/Delve of any sort...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @davey1107 said, Wrothgar is your best option by far as it scales to alchemy level. No need to go anywhere else if you have the DLC. If not, the relevant zone & faction level
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Orsinium in Wrothgar. There's hallways full of urns... You'll get heaps of water at your current level.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar