The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power Overload activation changes skill bar

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
I find it very annoying when you activate Power Overload that all my skills on the bar changes to something I've had in the past.
Anyone issues with this? I don't see in the description of Power Overload that skill bar should be changed...
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • roguestrike01ub17_ESO
    Its on purpose and it gives you an extra skill bar you can put any skills you want on it.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Overload gives you a third skill bar. If you change your skills while in Overload, when you change back to Overload it will stay that way.
    I don't know how you can possibly find having another skill bar a bad thing.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL button missing
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either troll or l2p, but ok, I had a laugh.

Edited by Flameheart on March 3, 2016 3:17PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its on purpose and it gives you an extra skill bar you can put any skills you want on it.
    It's on purpose? How does it work?
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »

You activate overload and then can swap out skills freely. When overload is disengaged, the 2 bar goes back to whatever you would've had normally. it's a separate independent 3rd bar only when overload is active.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »

He's trying to L2P quit being so hostile and try helping people on the forum once in a while. The negativity on this forum is insane.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

l2p?
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

l2p?

It means learn to play and is totally uncalled for in a case like this. Enjoy your third skill bar jimbooo... it's awesome.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

You activate overload and then can swap out skills freely. When overload is disengaged, the 2 bar goes back to whatever you would've had normally. it's a separate independent 3rd bar only when overload is active.

I wasn't aware that this was an 3rd additional bar by activating that skill. It's not in the description either so.
    Thx for the advice.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

l2p?

It means learn to play and is totally uncalled for in a case like this. Enjoy your third skill bar jimbooo... it's awesome.

Thx, I will :smile:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

I wasn't aware that this was an 3rd additional bar by activating that skill. It's not in the description either so.
    Thx for the advice.

You'll find a LOT works like this in eso. There are many things that would not be apparent or even known without the testing of some forum goers.

Some things I still don't know: Do sorcerer summoned creatures have resistance? Can the resistance be buffed? Do they have a spell dmg or weapon dmg rating? Can it be buffed? Does War Horn effect them? If I use streak, and it critically hits, do I gain health equal to 40% damage done to all enemies if it proccs with Power Surge?

Other things I didn't know but do now: using two swords increases spell damage, summoned creatures count as "allies" for all abilities, restoration staff deals "magic" damage, summoned creatures attack every 1.8 seconds, velacious curse and daedric mines count as Damage Over Time (DoT) effects.

So there's a lot to learn, gives you quite the advantage over players whom never used an ESO forum.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good example of where ESO's minimal UI fails. It is not obvious how this works without resorting to researching online and that should never be necessary for something like this.

A tooltip explaining how overload's extra skill bar works, that appears the first time a character activates it might help.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you ever take overload off you bar, it will default again. So when you put overload back on and activate it, it will have the skills om your current bar. So you will have to change it back. If you keep it slotted as an ultimate, those skills will always stay in that spot.

The third bar is amazing. Great for additional buffs in pvp that don't make room on your bar. Purge and rapids for instance. I do also keep hardened ward and streak on there as well as my front bar. I find them crucial even in overload. I often put encase on as well for pvp, help land the overloads.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 4, 2016 8:35AM
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs get 3 bars? Rigged overpowered nerf asap.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

O
    Edited by DRXHarbinger on March 4, 2016 8:36AM
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload disables your weapon so you get a 3rd skill bar where you can only use non-weapon abilities.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    If you ever take overload off you bar, it will default again. So when you put overload back on and activate it, it will have the skills om your current bar. So you will have to change it back. If you keep it slotted as an ultimate, those skills will always stay in that spot.

This shouldn't be the case... my skills are the same until I either change them or lose access to skills via respec.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

This shouldn't be the case... my skills are the same until I either change them or lose access to skills via respec.

It always changes for me. Maybe I'm just bugged?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always changes for me. Maybe I'm just bugged?

The only time Overload should reset is if you do a respec and possibly upon selecting a morph, otherwise, once the skills are set, you can swap Ultimates... and once you put Overload back on your bar it will remember what your settings were. If Overload didn't work like that, addons like AlphaGear and DressingRoom would be a nightmare as they allow you to swap loadouts via hotkey. I have some loadouts that use different Ultimates but when I switch back to the ones using Overload the skills are always still remembered.

I will add this though, sometimes you have to log out and back in for it to remember your Overload setup... had this happen the other night where after a respec it wouldn't remember the skills. So I had to set the Overload skills, then log out and back in, then it was fine.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 4, 2016 1:13PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****