Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lucky me

vamp_emily
vamp_emily
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I kind of ran out of gold, so last night I decided to go mat farming.

The first mat I came to gave me a Nirnhoned item, I was thinking "Yay! that is 5000g right there". Then a few stops later, another Nirnhoned dropped. I thought I was seeing things because I never get Nirnhoned items; I usually have to buy them. So I hop on my horse again.. and another Nirnhoned dropped. I was thinking wow, it hasn't even been 10 minutes and i got 3 of them. Around 15 minutes later I found another Nirnhoned item!

I got 4 Nirnhoned items in less than an hour, I feel sooo lucky.

Has this happened to anyone else? Don't tell ZOS because I have plans tonight to try my luck again :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two in about 20 minutes once, but nothing since then.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Don't worry, your secret's safe with us. Good luck finding more!!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    Kutas to you. ;)
    Edited by Dyynamic70 on March 2, 2016 3:18PM
    PC/NA
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got two Ancient Orc motifs in a public dungeon when Orsinium just released, quickest 100k gold I ever made.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I got 4 Nirnhoned items in less than an hour, I feel sooo lucky.

About 3 weeks ago I was up doing an Enchanting Survey and picked up 2 Fortified and one Potent Nirn in about 10 minutes all pretty close to each other.

However since then, I might get one every few trips up there. Note I don't farm heavily, just grab nodes as I wander around Craglorn. But that is still better than before when I rarely if ever farmed a Nirncrux and that was when I was heavily farming.

Edited by Nestor on March 2, 2016 6:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never got one! I've never seriously farmed or anything but I thought in my travels surely one would come my way!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got two Ancient Orc motifs in a public dungeon when Orsinium just released, quickest 100k gold I ever made.

I think the luckiest I have been was when I was Level 4. I went to Stros M'Kai to quest and found a Imperial Motif in a backpack. Sold that and bought a horse and named it "Lucky". :)

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potent is still worth a bit. 20k on xbox eu.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I once found a refined in a node and told my group, one of the group members was irritated they hadn't found any at this point. Literally the next node I looted had a potent nirncrux in it, needless to say I haven't had that much luck since.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

I think the luckiest I have been was when I was Level 4. I went to Stros M'Kai to quest and found a Imperial Motif in a backpack. Sold that and bought a horse and named it "Lucky". :)

I found the Imperial Motif in the desk of the Rawl bank but didnt sell it.

Also I got a Robust Agility ring from the last boss in Direfrost Keep once.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing quite like that yet
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also I got a Robust Agility ring from the last boss in Direfrost Keep once.

I had two drop for me in pledges last week. Sold them in my guild vendor in less than 12 hours. $$$
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did get 4 in about an hour or so one day. And, two of them were Potent! I believe the 2 Fortified came from one node - my Champion bonus at work.

There are many days when I don't get anything at all, and then there are the few days when I'll get one or two.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 2, 2016 7:39PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten every Nirn I have ever gotten 7 over 20 months from the same node. So I check it often. Still only 7 though.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In one night I got a Kena helm, a scathing mage chest and combat physician shoes all in Divines. Meanwhile, I'm still farming for Spell Power Cure shoes.

Some days you're hot, others you're not. I can't wait until we can trade bound pickups with group members. That same run I got the scathing mage item, my group member got the spell power shoes. We each wanted what the other picked up. :(
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only nirncrux I've gotten were from surveys, I miss my tier 9 writs :(.

A couple weeks ago I got 2 Kutas on back to back aspect runes about a minute apart.
    Edited by Danksta on March 2, 2016 8:51PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is typical to RNG. There are sometimes long streaks of no luck and sometimes burst of joy. Remember your sweet day. It helps over the next drought. I tend to collect full set of survey maps before heading out to collect them. From those four nirns happens occasionally.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Deadric motif from a crate in cold harbour. Lucky me... but does anyone know how much these go for?
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I was not so lucky :(

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think my luck is back. Hit some ore and got not 1 but 2 Nirncurx :)

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stole an imperial motif last night,i know the feeling
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Stole an imperial motif last night,i know the feeling

wow.. i am going to have to start stealing :)