The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS sorcerer high damage group build

Borgenaattori
Hi. I created for groups high damage sorcerer for XBOX, With this build you can nuke everything. This is also good solo build, but mostly for groups. Based on Overload light attack Ultimate. Every gear is vet 16 and legendaries, so are echantment also. Jewelrys obviously is epic.

For now i have 454 CP. And main stats with puff`s are

Max Macig 42517

Spell Damage 3380

Spell Crit 71,2

So here it is

VET 16 Borgenator`s high damage build version 1.1

GEARS

Weapons:

Mainhand

Inferno staff of Julianos (trait precise)

Backhand

Restoration staff of Julianos (trait precise or defending)

ARMORY

Head

Hat of Julianos (light) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

Chest

Cuiras of Julianos (heavy) (trait nirnhoned, enchant max maciga)

Shoulders

Molag Kena`s pauldron (heavy) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

Waist

Sash of Torug`s pact (light) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

Hands

Gloves of Torug`s pact (light) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

Legs

Breeches of Julianos (light) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

Feet

Shoes of Julianos (light) (trait divines, enchant max maciga)

JEWELRY

Neck

Necklace of Willpower (trait arcane, encahant adds spell damage)

2x Ring of Willpower (trait arcane, encahant adds spell damage)

Attributes Maciga 64 points.

Champion tree:

MAGE/THE APPRENTICE

Elemental Expert

Elfborn

WARRIOR/THE STEED

Spell shield

WARRIOR/THE LADY

Elemental Defender

WARRIOR/THE LORD

Bastion

THIEF/THE TOWER

Magician

THIEF/THE LOVER

Arcanist

Healthy

THIEF/THE SHADOW

Tumbling

SKILL BARS

Main with destro staff:

Crys frag, inner light, bound aegis, power surge, endles fyry/pulsar, ULTIMATE Energy overload

Second bar with restoration staff:

Hardened ward, inner light, mutagen, harness magica, boundless storm ULTIMATE(shooting star/supression field or dawnbreaker of smiting)

Third bar, ULTIMATE Overload bar:

boundless storm, inner light, bound aegis, power surge, structured entropy

FOOD

level 15

max health/max maciga

With this build you get maciga back with weapon and spell kills, harness shield and overload ultimate, mainly with every kill gives you tons of maciga. And because this is crit build, every crit stikes give you health. You have to change weapon a lot to put shields on and time to time use overload. Sure you will nuke the bosses with overload. Reme,ber to load ultimate everytime when you can. When its maxed up, you can shoot about 35 light attack in a row with minimum damage over 15k and good percentage to get crit shots.

When you have good healer and tank in your group just enjoy sit down and nuke everything that moves :)

This build is constructed to do max damage in group session. Try it and you see it. Hope you have good time with this
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why mutagen over healing ward?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Borgenaattori
    Mutagen is cheap and good "poor" man healing and there is also that one harmfull effect remover. But obviously if there is no good healer in group then ward would be better. But that healing is not very important in a build i created.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why isn't Bound Aegis on your Resto bar?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why use resto staff as a dd?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Borgenaattori
    I use resto to get some healing to myself and some healing to others and just for putting shields on. And bound aegis in only destro because of maciga bonus. There are no free spots in resto to put boun aegis. I wish that they change puffs that the puffs stay when change weapons. That would give more options in build.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use resto to get some healing to myself and some healing to others and just for putting shields on. And bound aegis in only destro because of maciga bonus. There are no free spots in resto to put boun aegis. I wish that they change puffs that the puffs stay when change weapons. That would give more options in build.

But recasting aegis every time you swap bars is a dps loss.
    Also there's a healer to heal the team. Trying to "help" with heals while there's a healer also lowers team's total dps and make the fight longer (=harder). If healer dies and you need to protect your self, you can put hardened ward somewhere on your off-bar or overload bar.
    Resto is good for soloing though, bu tmaybe this will change with the new healing twilight pet.

PC/EU
  • Borgenaattori
    i have hardened ward in resto. If healer dies, i can survive and also ressurect with resto on
  • Borgenaattori
    Maby i try that bound aeg in resto also
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build is sub-par ...

Use dual-wield (nirn) in place of your resto.... get more dps on your overload, LL and Boundless

Also replace that Precise with Nirnhoned on the Destro staff.

Use 2xMagnus instead of Torug's..

don't use tumbling, spell shield or healty.

You are only getting 80% of what you could be getting.
  • Borgenaattori
    Why magnus? im not out of maciga? torugt gives spell damage. Magnus give max maciga. is about 900 maciga more powerfull than 129 spell damage?

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have hardened ward in resto. If healer dies, i can survive and also ressurect with resto on

Well, having all wards is overkill anyway and you're sacrificing a lot of dps by trying to do healer's job.
    If you like off-healing, maybe it would be better to shift your build in heal/dd direction so you can do dungeons with a tank and 2 dds? Sorc heals are going to be buffed very soon and you can still pew-pew your overload while healing with twilight.
    Because having 1,5 healers in the team is pointless, really. It just means you'd have 1,5 dds instead of 2.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on March 1, 2016 5:05PM

PC/EU
  • Borgenaattori
    what kind of enchamebt should i put in dual?
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP this isn't exactly a new meta build. This build with minor variations has been around for awhile.

As someone suggested earlier though you are missing out in some areas.

Replace your traits with Nirn and go Dual Wield on off bar. It doesn't matter what enchants really on the offbar. Your bars could use a few tweaks as well but each player has his own preference.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

None is really necessary since weaving light/heavy attacks is not an option with dual wield
  • Borgenaattori
    why nirn over spell crit? i have high sorc crit, why lover it because crit do max damage
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    why nirn over spell crit? i have high sorc crit, why lover it because crit do max damage

There is a point where having higher crit isn't as effective as having higher spell penetration. Trust me, that 18% from golded out nirn weps will increase your dps by a lot.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why magnus? im not out of maciga? torugt gives spell damage. Magnus give max maciga. is about 900 maciga more powerfull than 129 spell damage?

It is because it will end up being something closer to 1.8K magicka after things like racial passive, mage light, bound aegis, undaunted mettle and meteor kick in...
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭

None, there is no need... You won't be light or heavy attacking with them anyways... they are there just for the extra spell dmg.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭

18% more spell penetration is MUCH better than an additional 7% crit chance..
  • Borgenaattori
    I made those weapons and changen destro to backup just testing. I had to made the swords with precise but today i can get nirn swords. My sorch was better than befove. Cant wait to get test nirn swords. Good advices i got here.
    One of the comment said that i should not put CP points in spellshield.
    For now i have 30 point in spell shield, 98 in elem def and 33 in bastion.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvE only....

Mage
    100 in Elemental expert
    66 in Elfborn
    1 in Staff expert

Their
    100 in Magician
    67 in Arcanist

Warrior
    100 in Bastion
    30 in Elemental defender
    30 in Hardy
    6 in Thick skinned

This is based on 501CP..
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    On your swords bar....

use Liquid Lightning, mage light, Mages wrath, Boundless and Overload..
  • Borgenaattori
    I made that change. Torug to Magnus. after change with lege and right enchantment. I got 1427 max maciga and i lost 169 spell damage. Mu overload damage dropped 57 points and other spells to. So, I think that torug is better in this build.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »
    On your swords bar....

use Liquid Lightning, mage light, Mages wrath, Boundless and Overload..

I run a similar build. It's pretty common because it's effective. I usually run:

Nirn Fire Staff: Frags/Hardened/Crushing Shock/Bound Aegis/Inner Light/Ice Comet
    DW Swords (Torug's): Liq.Lightning/Power Surge/Boundless/Aegis/In.Light/Overload
    Overload:Liq.Light/Mage's Wrath/Boundless/Aegis/In.Light/Overload

5 Julianos/2 Nerien’eth/3 Willpower w/ SD enchants

I use power surge to start then switch to potions after it runs out. I like Mage's Wrath on the overload bar because in longer fights, by the time we've hit execute phase, I've got enough Overload to pop it on and burn the boss even if I had run out previously.

I used to put Wrath in place of Power Surge and put curse or some other offensive skill (or hardened ward) on the overload bar in place of Wrath but it got expensive constantly running spell power pots.
    Edited by Caff32 on March 3, 2016 3:20PM
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Caff32 on March 3, 2016 3:18PM