The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Empower Affect Biting Jabs?

savingryansprvt
I've tried testing this by slotting WB and Biting Jabs. I'd start off gaining the Empower buff after WB and then follow up with Jabs only to see that I'm still Empowered after the Jabs.

Am I just doing something wrong or does Empower not affect Biting Jabs at all? The reason I ask is because I keep hearing from different people that Empower DOES affect the Jabs but I'm just not seeing it. :/

Best Answer

• Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empower does not effect channeled skills
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Answer ✓
  • savingryansprvt
    I suppose that makes sense then, thank you
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I would have thought that Empower would apply to the first hit of a channled skill like Biting Jabs. I will try to test and edit my comment later.
  • wharf
    wharf
    ✭✭✭
    it applies to the first hit at the least. I don't think the entire jab is empowered. They need to fix some mechanics with jabs, it doesn't proc the 2h axe bleed or proc the nerien'th set, but it does proc the ravager set...doesn't make sense to me not sure why jabs are nerfed so hard.
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    I recently asked this same question but for the other morph (puncturing sweep). Turned into discussion about whether all channels should be classified as DoTs.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/249307/solar-flare-puncturing-sweeps#latest
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    wharf wrote: »
    it applies to the first hit at the least.
    It does not. If it did, the buff would be consumed, but it doesn't.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!