The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why is Force Pulse's secondary effect never working?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay it says up to 2 nearby enemies will take Magic Damage if they were already afflicted with Burning, Chilled or Concussed status effects.

The Elemental Force (2 points) passive increases your chance of afflicting enemies with Burning, Concussion, or Chilled status effect by 100%. Also it says with Destruction staff equipped. Does that mean the 3 status effects are only gained through Destruction staff abilities or does that also include Class abilities?

If above is true, and that having a Destruction staff equipped, then I have a 100% chance to afflict Concussion on any target that is hit with my Liquid Lightning Class ability. Thus, if I Force Pulse one of them, the damage will bounce.

However, right now in live servers (Console), it doesn't work this way for whatever reason. Yes, my Force Pulse will occasionally bounce, letting me know that the Liquid Lightning gave Concussion to the mobs, but why is it random and not 100% like the Elemental Force passive says?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing chance by 100% =/= 100% chance of it happening. It basically means doubling the chance from whatever it was before. If a fire spell has a 10% chance to cause burning, with the passive it will be a 20% chance. At least that's how i understand it.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Increasing chance by 100% =/= 100% chance of it happening. It basically means doubling the chance from whatever it was before. If a fire spell has a 10% chance to cause burning, with the passive it will be a 20% chance. At least that's how i understand it.

... never thought of it that way.

gg ZoS
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

... never thought of it that way.

gg ZoS

The fact they reduced the chance of this happening to the point where it generally just doesn't, this passive isn't actually useful.

Same the dk the passive to increase burning dmg by 66% ... so useless.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    Should they make force pulse an execute since the splash mechanic sucks.
    Edited by BullNetch on February 28, 2016 3:16PM