The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does my 2H weapon gives more critical percentage than my dual wield weapons?

SecretAtoz
SecretAtoz
✭✭✭
I use 5 pieces for Hunding's Rage. I use 3 or 4 pieces for Ashen Grip. I use greatsword for my 2H with precise trait and I use 2 swords for my dual wield with precise trait. Both greatsword and two swords are blue.

When I use greatsword, my critical percentage is 43.3%. I received a total of 1120 weapon critical from Hunding's Rage.

When I use dual wield, my critical percentage is 43.3%. I received a total of 1688 weapon critical from both Hunding's Rage and Ashen Grip.

To confirm I didn't hit a cap, I remove my boots which is part of Ashen Grip set, so my total weapon critical received would be 1120, but my critical % decreases. I didn't contribute any CP that would cause this. Does 2H weapon have higher crit % by default? I am confused.

Thanks if you guys can clear this up.

Edit: I checked recently that my skills on my slot doesn't affect my critical percentage.
Edited by SecretAtoz on February 27, 2016 12:57AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a mystery - we may need character sheet screen shots to solve this one. You're correct, having an extra set piece that adds crit should push your crit chance 4-6% higher. That's if I read your setup right - that swapping between weapons takes your from 5 hund / 3 ashen to 5 hund / 4 ashen.

Without more info, my guess would be to look at skills on your bars and the skill passives. This is almost always where I solve this sort of confusion. For example, if you were a Nightblade, having one less Assassination skill slotted would take away about as much crit chance as the added ashen, so something like that could be the cause.
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try and see if I can provide more information.

1) My class is a Templar. I don't have any skills slotted that affects critical percentage. I checked my passives. Not sure if I miss anything here.

2) My race is imperial.

3) For CP, I put all points in The Ritual in mage section. I put points in stamina reduction, stamina regen, and health regen in thief section. I put all points in The Lady in warrior section.

4) Never turned into a WW or Vampire yet.

Edited by SecretAtoz on February 27, 2016 1:14AM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SecretAtoz It is because the Precise trait on a 2 handed weapon gives double the crit as on a one-handed weapon.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. SecretAtoz
      SecretAtoz
      ✭✭✭
      @Dyride two of my swords got precise traits, 2.5% each, so both of them together equals to 5%. My 2H greatsword gives 5%. Am I wrong?
    2. CP5
      CP5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Do you happen to have evil hunter slotted on your 2h bar? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause this, unless you are on the same skill bar and only swapping the items.
    3. SecretAtoz
      SecretAtoz
      ✭✭✭
      @CP5 I don't have evil hunter skill. I even removed all skills from slots to test this.
    4. CP5
      CP5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Then I have no clue how you are getting more crit on your 2h bar, seems odd.
    5. SecretAtoz
      SecretAtoz
      ✭✭✭
      Wait, when I look a bit closer. It seems that my 2H greatsword counts as 2 pieces instead of one. That means I am actually getting the 4 piece bonus when using 2H instead of 3. o.0. That is odd.
      Edited by SecretAtoz on February 27, 2016 2:25AM
    6. Daveheart
      Daveheart
      ✭✭✭✭
      Double check within combat logs. There are a lot of bugs with the character sheet that show more critical chance or weapon/spell damage without actually affecting abilities.
      Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    7. BullNetch
      BullNetch
      ✭✭✭
      remove the skills from your bars

are you a nightblade?

Pressure points.
      Edited by BullNetch on February 28, 2016 3:08PM
    8. SecretAtoz
      SecretAtoz
      ✭✭✭
      @Davenheart Yeah, it seems to be bugged, I've found my problem. The 2H weapon counts as two pieces in the character sheet.

@BullNetch I did all that already and I play as a Templar.
    9. Mojmir
      Mojmir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      r u a khajit? mine is and I noticed the same thing
    10. DracoBeowulf
      DracoBeowulf
      ✭✭✭
      SecretAtoz wrote: »
      I use 5 pieces for Hunding's Rage. I use 3 or 4 pieces for Ashen Grip. I use greatsword for my 2H with precise trait and I use 2 swords for my dual wield with precise trait. Both greatsword and two swords are blue.

When I use greatsword, my critical percentage is 43.3%. I received a total of 1120 weapon critical from Hunding's Rage.

When I use dual wield, my critical percentage is 43.3%. I received a total of 1688 weapon critical from both Hunding's Rage and Ashen Grip.

To confirm I didn't hit a cap, I remove my boots which is part of Ashen Grip set, so my total weapon critical received would be 1120, but my critical % decreases. I didn't contribute any CP that would cause this. Does 2H weapon have higher crit % by default? I am confused.

Thanks if you guys can clear this up.

Edit: I checked recently that my skills on my slot doesn't affect my critical percentage.

Is this in cyrodiil? Battle leveling is unpredictable.
      Xbox One Gamertag: WITHGODNOW
      Xbox One Guild: TheTRINITY
      send friend request and message to be included in pve & pvp events