The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question for PC asia/pacific players

qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
hey all,
im an aussie player on pc NA,
now i know there are endless lag issues in cyro for all, but i wanted to hear from other players in aus that may be experiencing latency issues making effective PVP difficult or impossible. in comparison to some players who appear to be performing superhuman feats against you.
i have noticed that general lag calms down off-peak and there a re moments when my character reacts as my reflexes do and my game improves but for the most part it is as though i am at a constant disadvantage which i attribute distance from server/net speed. its like being 1 second behind everything you see.
the ingame meter for latency is usually a constant 300ish, rocking to 999+ and back a fair bit. (my fps is fine).

anyway i was hoping for a show of hands and/or any suggestions or advice in improving latency in regards to this specific type of latency asia pacific players seem to endure.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try out WTFast, has been know to improve ping by a noticeable margin. And most lag is server side, nothing can be done by yourself about it.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might I suggest rolling a Templar? As Wrobel pointed out, you can stay in your house rather than have to be mobile. Your gameplay should feel more smooth being stationary in a Templar house even if you have kangaroo ping.

#WrobelIsTheAnswer
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    I am also from asia, and I only play on night time (well 6am EST) so there are less people and I can still group pvp well, but sometimes loading screen triggers and low fps too.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like playing on my 300 ping, it gives me an excuse to be terrible at this game.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    I like playing on my 300 ping, it gives me an excuse to be terrible at this game.
    How to pls? I live inside the server room and my ping is still 1k+
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Australian on PC NA, I mostly pvp on a tank so when I lag out I'm slightly less likely to die instantly :D. I try and pvp on off-peak times when I can, but sometimes it's just too dead to do anything during those times.

By extension, and I don't know if this has anything to do with Cyrodiil latency, I get terrible latency on-par with pvp peak hours during the White-Gold Tower dungeon at any time (haven't tried prison yet to see if it's the same deal). It was so bad once I lag-teleported out of a cage after the harvester boss locked me in there!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play from Aus with like 250-300 ping (when there's no server lag). As this game is large scale AvA pvp and not a hardcore dueling arena you can still do well at the game if you play smart.

Some builds will be better suited to you then others. If you run a build with better survivability like with sword & board, impen 25-30k health etc. it will help a lot. Being a glass cannon magicka build is difficult because sometimes you need the extra 0.5 seconds to weapon swap to get that healing ward off etc. Nightblade with cloak can be quite good as you can disengage from fights before you become heavily focused. Group pvp is also a good option, as you won't get focused as hard which will make things easier.

Overall though, it doesn't make that much of a difference, I notice I can't pull off some of the animation cancels or dodge rolls quite as fast as sypher or fengrush seems to, but for the most part that doesn't really matter that much.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    Well, I'm in Queensland and my ping is also around 260-300. Jumps around a bit. Last night really jumped around a lot and sometimes goes up to 999+ too. Frame rate around 100. Sometimes drops quite low - depending what zone I'm in.
    We need a server in Oz.
  • murtugo
    murtugo
    ✭✭✭
    Im in SEA and my ping goes 200-350 during NA off peak hours but it goes 999+ during their peak hours.

The best way to survive with all the lag is to play range (bow or dual weld with flying blades).

o:)
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know lots of aussie PvPers. One templar has to double bar Breath of Life because bar swapping is so unreliable on his ping. They all say they have 250-350 ping on a good day.

I honestly don't know how you folks tolerate it... High ping drives me crazy. :worried:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I always hoped zos could introduce an oceanic server campaign or something to allow us to play without a disadvantage as well as stopping americans complaining over night-capping but idk how feasible that is
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in NZ (ADSL/ WiFi to boot) and find it tricky with anything melee range when its busy (350-500ms) .. the air around me gets jabbed to death a lot and dodging melee is also pretty mad so I tend to just spam BoL :trollface: and runaway like a girl
    scardy cat.

Tried WTFast but there is really only one main line to the US anyway from my location and at times at find using it worse. Definitely not enough of an improvement to warrant the sub.

Off peak (250-350ms) its not so bad unless its a multi raid mash up but despite it all I cannot walk away for Cyrodil. God damn it.

Edited by BRogueNZ on February 27, 2016 3:46AM
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From aus too, my cyrodil ping is usually in the ranges of 290-350 and thats a good day.

Choosing a smaller campaign to play in helps, I avoid azuras like the plague until the populations drop significantly.

It definitely pays off to run a little tankier then normal, its going to save you whenever you just cant break free or hit that heal quite fast enough. Impen, putting a few attributes in hp, all good stuff

Learn to weave and block cancel etc in pve zones and dungeons. Learn it until its all muscle memory and you don't need really need the sometimes delayed visual cues. Its going to help pull off weaves and cancels in pvp with highly variable ping/lag spikes.

Just practicing helps alot too. If you are having trouble reacting to what is around you due to high ping, then it helps alot if you can start to predict the rotations and next move of common set ups. Eg block once you have curse on you and you see the sorc with glowy hands, don't wait until you see the crystal frag in the air.

Roll dodging always feels pretty unreliable for me, so I avoid depending on just that. But maybe others have had more luck with it
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I find dodging to be very dodgy. Sometimes when I double hit direction keys nothing happens. Sometimes it's like 5secs later. Same with all functions really. Sometimes it just gets impossible to play at all. Welcome to Oz.
  • Heanz
    Heanz
    ✭✭
    You must play with the grain of the lag my friend. When you play against the grain of the lag...You loose.
    **DC** Daddy Fat Sacks, Fiery Fat Sacks & Blood Mantra
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    Scamandros wrote: »
    From aus too, my cyrodil ping is usually in the ranges of 290-350 and thats a good day.

Choosing a smaller campaign to play in helps, I avoid azuras like the plague until the populations drop significantly.

It definitely pays off to run a little tankier then normal, its going to save you whenever you just cant break free or hit that heal quite fast enough. Impen, putting a few attributes in hp, all good stuff

Learn to weave and block cancel etc in pve zones and dungeons. Learn it until its all muscle memory and you don't need really need the sometimes delayed visual cues. Its going to help pull off weaves and cancels in pvp with highly variable ping/lag spikes.

Just practicing helps alot too. If you are having trouble reacting to what is around you due to high ping, then it helps alot if you can start to predict the rotations and next move of common set ups. Eg block once you have curse on you and you see the sorc with glowy hands, don't wait until you see the crystal frag in the air.

Roll dodging always feels pretty unreliable for me, so I avoid depending on just that. But maybe others have had more luck with it

i understand, i have spent a decent amount of time in cyro but its always the same.
    i press every spell 2-3 times just to make sure it goes off... sometimes it goes off twice. things like getting through a door can be comical. i run up, i animate putting weapons away, adjust my position, wait 2 seconds and pop inside (unless ofc i have been inundated but jab spammers etc) then half the time i pop right back outside the door again. whereas on my screen i see other players run up and thru a door as though its not there.
    i was playing around just spaming vigor tonight at about 1 per second, i saw it delay 2 seconds and sometimes not trigger at all. (hence having to press a spell minimum of twice to ensure it goes off).
    if i try to do a bunch of bow attacks at a speed where it SHOULD keep up its as though nothing is happening and suddenly im standing there with full resources lol.
    and trying to get away from cc... forget about it!!! its more or less a stun lock for aussie players and even if your trying to break free/dodge you are either not casting it or over casting it wasting stam.
    its like playing with cement shoes on. i have a feel for normal lag and frame lag etc but this whole delayed reaction time thing is severely frustrating. and i know my skills are up to it because on rare occasions a 1v1-2-3 keeps up and i can pwn.
    i often wonder if all these big name players with matching egos live next door to the damn servers!
    US player's advice: predict the moves like im a bloody clairvoyant lol.
    Edited by qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO on February 27, 2016 1:25PM
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    i guess its kind of a let down that if you are in an oceanic location and from what i hear theres no plans to improve our service that its basically tough luck mate!
    so next time you yanks feel all godlike for smacking down players who dont seem to be keeping up, just consider that some of us are at a disadvantage. on a level playing field you might just get your godlike ass handed to you. ;)
    Edited by qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO on February 27, 2016 1:34PM
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    i guess its kind of a let down that if you are in an oceanic location and from what i hear theres no plans to improve our service that its basically tough luck mate!
    so next time you yanks feel all godlike for smacking down players who dont seem to be keeping up, just consider that some of us are at a disadvantage. on a level playing field you might just get your godlike ass handed to you. ;)

Agreed, but the word is "arse" here in Oz. Sorry, one of my pet hates. The other is spelling colour without a U. And don't get me started on the way Americans use dates the wrong way round. :D lol.
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    playing with 250-400+ ms depending on area of fights. Only problem is sometimes weapon swapping take a short while to respond sadly :(.
    Edited by Xiphyla on February 27, 2016 5:46PM
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• LDK
    LDK
    ✭✭
    Wtb fibre optic cable
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    LDK wrote: »
    Wtb fibre optic cable

It won't help much, even I get a 200-220ms ping at best outside of fights with nothing going on, spikes during fights. It's all the equipment it goes through that causes the lag as traffic is routed. Mind you it will be particularly bad at the moment as PPC-1 cable to Guam has been out of service since early Feb due to a suspected cut and will be so until mid-March, this takes away 1.7 Terabits of international bandwidth.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • LDK
    LDK
    ✭✭
    At least it will help a little :(
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally feel your pain LDK... In a theoretical sense.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• LDK
    LDK
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Every time American players complain about their ping it's like a little ambush spam to my soul :(
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Every time American players complain about their ping it's like a little ambush spam to my soul :(

Rekt
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    Or.... Everyone move to TEXAS.... where the server is!....
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • LDK
    LDK
    ✭✭

Rekt

<3
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO

Agreed, but the word is "arse" here in Oz. Sorry, one of my pet hates. The other is spelling colour without a U. And don't get me started on the way Americans use dates the wrong way round. :D lol.

lol ironically i find the word "arse" a bit too pompous to express myself.
    i also use "color" out of habit from working in the print industry. correct spelling is debatable.
    i use dd/mm/yyyy being aussie but i did notice the benefit of yyyy/mm/dd when using dates to specify episodes in your media collections and sorting alphabetically.
    just to throw a spanner into your mindset :open_mouth:
    Edited by qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO on February 28, 2016 12:00AM
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    Try out WTFast, has been know to improve ping by a noticeable margin. And most lag is server side, nothing can be done by yourself about it.

i gave this a go, did a little tweaking. my overall ping was higher at around 400 but it did seem to be more consistent, less spiking. ill keep testing for now.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    25fps, normal 300 ping, regular spikes to 999. Guildies in the US have similar spikes, but their base ping is more like 200.

AoE FTW.

#NBNever
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________