The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Psijic Ambrosia

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone here noticed that Psijic Ambrosia fragments do not drop at all anymore? I was getting them before Orsinium but now, with Wrothgar Provisioning Writs, I get no fragments at all. I'm getting Alloys, Rosin, and Wax and Kutas daily, but no fragments. Is this happening to anyone else? Not even Guild Traders have them anymore.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone here noticed that Psijic Ambrosia fragments do not drop at all anymore? I was getting them before Orsinium but now, with Wrothgar Provisioning Writs, I get no fragments at all. I'm getting Alloys, Rosin, and Wax and Kutas daily, but no fragments. Is this happening to anyone else? Not even Guild Traders have them anymore.

Yep.
    There was a post a while back about it. Glass frags are now dropping pretty often actually.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had good luck with them. I've been doing my writs everyday for 6 months and have only gotten 3 fragments. The last one I got was just after I got the Orsinium DLC though so they are still dropping.
    Edited by Danksta on February 26, 2016 10:25PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I thought it was just my turn of bad fortune. I eventually just sold my psijic fragments.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a dry spell, but have had two fragments drop on the past couple of weeks. Both sold very fast from the guild store.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get fragments all the time and sold a bunch the past month??
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sure if it's true, haven't verified it,, but one of my guildies mentioned that they have a higher chance to drop on the Tier 9 writs (the ones you deliver in Craglorn).
    Edited by yakuruto on February 29, 2016 5:51AM
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always sent to Orsinium to deliver the goods now. I haven't received a psijic fragment since that occurred.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG :(

Also, since they "fixed" the lockpick instead of high value recipe problem, I haven't seen a blue (or higher) recipe in a writ reward.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have received 1 fragment of the recipe since Orsinium dropped... it was a duplicate...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG :(

Also, since they "fixed" the lockpick instead of high value recipe problem, I haven't seen a blue (or higher) recipe in a writ reward.

I have gotten some blue and purple recipes.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • FlipFl0p
    FlipFl0p
    I've been doing writs for a couple of weeks now as I'd like to get this recipe, but so far I've had nothing. Levelled a second character to max provisioning today in an attempt to double my chances, but the double of zero is still zero :D

Any more thoughts on this? I'm also handing in at Orsinium now but I did about a weeks worth of handing in at Coldharbour as that was my level.
    Edited by FlipFl0p on February 29, 2016 10:02PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlipFl0p wrote: »
    I've been doing writs for a couple of weeks now as I'd like to get this recipe, but so far I've had nothing. Levelled a second character to max provisioning today in an attempt to double my chances, but the double of zero is still zero :D

Any more thoughts on this? I'm also handing in at Orsinium now but I did about a weeks worth of handing in at Coldharbour as that was my level.

It will be much faster to do rank 10 woodworking, blacksmith, clothier and enchanter writs take the tempers sell them and in a few weeks you should be able to afford the 250k to 300k for the recipe.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had one fragment drop for me since Orsinium. It may very well still be RNG, but I obtained 3 frags plus 3 duplicates within the first month or so. Since then, only 1 additional fragment - after I spent the money on the rest of the pages. The new one was one I hadn't had previously. However, the money I made selling the 4 duplicates covered the cost of the pages I purchased.

As for glass fragments, I agree that these seem to drop pretty regularly.

As far as blue/purple recipes from RI6 writs, I've had exactly one purple and maybe 2 or 3 blues - the rest have been green. In fact, for the past 2 weeks, nothing but green.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still drop. I got number VI today.
    I have two characters doing the same provision writs and I finally got another today.
  • FlipFl0p
    FlipFl0p
    bryanhaas wrote: »

It will be much faster to do rank 10 woodworking, blacksmith, clothier and enchanter writs take the tempers sell them and in a few weeks you should be able to afford the 250k to 300k for the recipe.

I like your idea, but a question before I max out my points in those professions. My character is vet 7, if I max clothing for example, will the nodes or mobs drop vet 7 level cloth or cloth equivalent to my skill level in the profession?

I believe it's to my character level isn't it, therefore I'm going to struggle to hand in the writs as I do not yet have the max level materials for the writs.

It's for this reason I had to respec my crafter 2 days ago and get all his skill points back as I'd maxed out clothing but couldn't do the writ to that level. This is a pain because I don't really play with this character so it's going to be a very long time before he hits the appropriate level.

On a different note:

Today I did the provisioning writ on both my characters and got psijiic fragment 3 on one and fragment 4 on the other! I was very happy :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today I did the provisioning writ on both my characters and got psijiic fragment 3 on one and fragment 4 on the other! I was very happy :)

Whoa...you were VERY lucky! :smile:
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    What level do you have to be to get Psijic Ambrosia fragments?
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I read that you can get them at any level (talking passives, not crafting level), but your changes are very low at lower levels and get significantly better at 6/6. Of course significantly better is subjective... I picked up 4 or 5 in the first 3 weeks after Orsinium and none since (with three 6/6 provisioners).
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    It does seem as if the drop rate if very low to non-existent.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have received 2 or 3 fragments from my Tier 2 provisioners, so it's possible to receive at any level. Though I still have a couple Tier 1 provisioners who have never received a fragment page.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After so many months after Orsinium, I finally got Fragment VII. Then then the next day I got another Fragment VII. Friggin' RNG. I've gotten shiny Pokémon easier than stuff in this game lol.
    But yes, the drop rate is seriously nonexistent.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ebbs and flows. A few weeks ago, it was flowing, now it's ebbing.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It better start flowing soon. I'm 3 pieces away. Just signed up for ESO+ so now I want a super XP boost. RNG work with me here! I've got new characters in the making and the RNG has been good to me with Wax and Alloy so some Fragments would help
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    LOL! YES indeed please start flowing!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Techkey1 wrote: »

I did just get a frag this morning, so maybe it's flowing again?

• Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a psijic fragment yesterday. Maybe they fixed it
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    Techkey1 wrote: »

I did just get a frag this morning, so maybe it's flowing again?

Not for me. :'(
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do daily top level prov writs, I have received at least four fragments since orsinium was added.
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    i've collected 3 parts and got 2 times after that one i've already collected , all as far as i can remember only in Orsinium

PS4 EU
    Edited by Ni7eWa7ch on March 23, 2016 12:41AM
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    I only got two fragments from writs, but then just bought the other five from guild traders. I got them gor 30K each, so it is an investment, but getting gold is a lot faster than waiting for RNG. Now I can sell psijic drinks at the trader to get a ROI and can sell any other fragments that drop for gold.