The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pve 30k plus overload?

Wild_squirtle
Wild_squirtle
✭✭✭
Hola. I need some advise as to what I am doing wrong. Trying to achive 30k-40k overload hits. Atm i can only achive 28 ish. I did 30k a time or two but not close to consistant

Set up

5x julianos v16 yellow chest legs infused rest divine. All light. Max magicka enchants on all 7.
2x kena divine both. Helm med, shoulders heavy.
3x arcane willpower with magicka dmg enchants
2x torugs pact v16 yellow
1x destro staff fire.
I use the magicka regen mundus.

Cp are the usual. I have 300 cp
All into bastion
Mix of the magicka regen and lower cost.
And a mix of critical damage inc and i think the elemental dmg increase.
(im not able to look at my trees atm)

Buffed i have 3700 dmg with kena over 4k on dual weild. 38k magicka i am an imperial(started as a stam sorc) 54% crit,is the race whats stopping me from reaching 40k ?

I run inner light all bars have tried bound armor with it nothing seems to help me break the barrier.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Hola. I need some advise as to what I am doing wrong. Trying to achive 30k-40k overload hits. Atm i can only achive 28 ish. I did 30k a time or two but not close to consistant

Set up

5x julianos v16 yellow chest legs infused rest divine. All light. Max magicka enchants on all 7.
    2x kena divine both. Helm med, shoulders heavy.
    3x arcane willpower with magicka dmg enchants
    2x torugs pact v16 yellow
    1x destro staff fire.
    I use the magicka regen mundus.

Cp are the usual. I have 300 cp
    All into bastion
    Mix of the magicka regen and lower cost.
    And a mix of critical damage inc and i think the elemental dmg increase.
    (im not able to look at my trees atm)

Buffed i have 3700 dmg with kena over 4k on dual weild. 38k magicka i am an imperial(started as a stam sorc) 54% crit,is the race whats stopping me from reaching 40k ?

I run inner light all bars have tried bound armor with it nothing seems to help me break the barrier.

Find a templar who runs spellpower cure
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use Shadow (extra crit dmg) or Apprentice (extra spell dmg) to increase the max hits for Overload, your setup looks good.
    The Thief mundus (crit rating) is best for dps but the mundus stones above will make your Overload hit harder.

In the TG update they should have fixed Power Overload (which is bugged on live) so Power Overload should hit 6% harder than Energy Overload.

As for CPs most pve dps magicka sorcs are running something like 100 Elemental Expert, 5 Spell Erosion, 60 Elfborn and 2 Staff Expert. If you put many points into Elfborn I would highly recommend the Thief mundus.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on February 26, 2016 2:34PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inner light, bound aegis, major sorcery buff. A warhorn or combat prayer in your group would be nice.
    Otherwise i guess you picked the wrong race since High Elves have a bonus to elemental damage and way more max magicka.
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    inner light, bound aegis, major sorcery buff. A warhorn or combat prayer in your group would be nice.
    Otherwise i guess you picked the wrong race since High Elves have a bonus to elemental damage and way more max magicka.

Yeah were is my in game race change at ZOS?!
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Use Shadow (extra crit dmg) or Apprentice (extra spell dmg) to increase the max hits for Overload, your setup looks good.
    The Thief mundus (crit rating) is best for dps but the mundus stones above will make your Overload hit harder.

In the TG update they should have fixed Power Overload (which is bugged on live) so Power Overload should hit 6% harder than Energy Overload.

I cant wait for overload to be fixed the magicka return is nice but in todays dps race aka dungeons id perfer the extra 6% and ill have to test the stones later today if one of thoes make a big change ill gladly sacrifice the sustain
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    + Rearming trap
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    + Rearming trap

Im sorry I fail to see how that helps my overload burst. Any insight?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have the Twin Blade and Blunt passive and have two skill points spent there? :smile:.

Magicka Regen mundus is useless, go for Thief or Shadow.

You are missing a lot of magicka for sure, bound aegis helps a ton and being an Imperial will really make you suffer, Bretons/Altmers are a lot better unfortunately. As an example, I am a Breton:

4208798b54.jpg

That's my totally unbuffed (except food) overload bar/stats.

75175bec10.jpg

That's my totally unbuffed (except food) overload crit.

1fc39b0825.jpg

That's my TOTALLY unbuffed (no food) overload crit (with 37,020 magicka).

You can see that max magicka really makes a huge difference here and not having the 10% racial is a huge loss. Bear in mind I have capped CP. If you want to consistently hit above 30k on normal mobs you need more CP and a better Mundus stone (Thief or Shadow).

Also as others have said, in group content warhorns/SPC/combat prayer etc will all help a ton.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% max mag/4% light dmg is hurting you.

Change mundus to either thief/shadow/apprentice , have to do some calcs to figure out which is better.

Having group buff's will help a lot, aggressive warhorn (30% more crit dmg, more magicka) , spell power cure and combat prayer etc..
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + Rearming trap

Im sorry I fail to see how that helps my overload burst. Any insight?

Gives higher crit dmg for a few sec. But as sorc dps you likely wont have space for it when already running +2 toggles.

Other than already mentioned Spellpower Cure, Aggressive Warhorn, Compat Prayer and such in groups there's also Major Breach on the target reducing it's spell resistance. So using Elemental Drain or other skill with Breach, makes Overload hit harder, but in groups healer should hopefully be doing that as well as giving you minor sorcery if templar.

Not sure what you can do individually to increase it's dps, other than changing mundus. Seems you're as stacked as humanly possible already on magicka and spell power with current gear.
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Well then I guess a re roll is the only option being that race change is supposedly two expansions away.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have to re-roll. Sorcs with a bad race are plenty capable of doing enough DPS to complete all currently in-game content.

Yes, you will be doing, say, 35k DPS on Mantikora instead of 42k DPS, but as long as you're over 25k DPS you are doing enough to defeat Manti and clear all of SO HM (hardest group content in the game currently).

Just practice, change Mundus, and play together in good groups. If you want a new character, roll a Magicka Nightblade.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well then I guess a re roll is the only option being that race change is supposedly two expansions away.
    i did a similar thing at this stage. Pretty much identical gear as you and realized I shot myself in the foot going dark elf and rerolled a high elf with any race any alliance perk. Well worth it for the added sustain and damage. I decided to do this after testing a high elf too. On the pts compared to my dark elf. I have only grinded to v3. Those v ranks are a pain but happy to have earned 18 champion points already since v1 with this toon since stacked enlightenment. I don't mind the damage difference it's the sustain that I wanted.

Edited by aLi3nZ on February 27, 2016 2:26AM
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i can do upwards of 25k dps but i see people reach that 30-40k and I want to be at that level. I have the gear and abilitys its insane that a race choice will dampen dps that significant. I will reroll an altemer in the mean time. But i have cleared most all end game content as is. I plan on brining the imperial back to stam sorc and use the altemer as a magicka sorc.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be race, my altmer hits 28k overloads with the occasional 30k with double destro. That's with ~80cp in elemental expert though.
    PC | EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial and only 300cp is what´s keeping you "down".

You´re missing a good chunk of max magica, critdmg and elementaldmg. On a highelf sorc with 501 cp and the same setup (but 44k magica) i hit anywhere between 35 and 45k crit for overload (selfbuffed).
    Edited by Derra on February 28, 2016 10:00AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

You´re missing a good chunk of max magica, critdmg and elementaldmg. On a highelf sorc with 501 cp and the same setup (but 44k magica) i hit anywhere between 35 and 45k crit for overload (selfbuffed).

Thats it right there. I know the. Cp is low. I only play about 3 hours a day now what with work and a GF whom i am getting into Eso. I am rolling an altemer with her so when he is v16 i should have a good chunk more of cp but i wont know till i hit cap. Im going for the 40k pve overloads. Its a goal and i have the gear just need the finishing touch. Thank every one for the insight.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Dang, I didn't know the gap was that big... time to grind. Thanks for the info.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use TBS instead of Julianos so you can use Thief and Shadow at the same time. Use Divines trait on ALL pieces of your armor. Allocate your 300 CP as follow until TG comes out:

Put only 1 CP into Spell Erosion, 66 CP into Elemental Expert and 33 CP into Elfborn. As you gain CP, alternate adding points to Elemental and Elfborn until you reach 100 and 66 respectively. Leave Spell Erosion at 1 pt.

AFTER Thieves Guild is released, do this:

78 CP into Elemental Expert, 11 CP into Spell Erosion and 11 CP into Elfborn. As you gain CP, add 1 point to each of these 3 passives until you have something like 100 Elemental, 34 Spell Erosion and 33 Elfborn.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Borgenaattori
    Use TBS instead of Julianos so you can use Thief and Shadow at the same time. Use Divines trait on ALL pieces of your armor. Allocate your 300 CP as follow until TG comes out:

Put only 1 CP into Spell Erosion, 66 CP into Elemental Expert and 33 CP into Elfborn. As you gain CP, alternate adding points to Elemental and Elfborn until you reach 100 and 66 respectively. Leave Spell Erosion at 1 pt.

78 CP into Elemental Expert, 11 CP into Spell Erosion and 11 CP into Elfborn. As you gain CP, add 1 point to each of these 3 passives until you have something like 100 Elemental, 34 Spell Erosion and 33 Elfborn.

Whats the point put only 1p to spell erosion?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats the point put only 1p to spell erosion?

It's supposedly buggy on Live so you don't get much benefit after the first point. I think most people (like me) just put the 1 point in for good luck, LOL. You'll see the 1 point thing on a lot of builds, though. On PTS, however, the Spell Erosion passive is very effective and increases your penetration by a stated amount for every CP invested.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the midst of grinding a high elf sorc to v16 to replace my imperial but the time being was thinking of making the TBS . I also heard that TBS is broken and people are only getting one mundus effect. Anh truth to that?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs overload should be a limitid time and a set amount of ulti not charged forever
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am in the midst of grinding a high elf sorc to v16 to replace my imperial but the time being was thinking of making the TBS . I also heard that TBS is broken and people are only getting one mundus effect. Anh truth to that?

Not that I know off, TBS is mainly good is well-organized groups for trails etc.

For 4-man group content I would personally go for Julianos but the difference is pretty small.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Sorcs overload should be a limitid time and a set amount of ulti not charged forever

Only if stam regen doesn't start until 1s between attacks and godtornado has a reduced range of 6m (as impulse does).
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭

Not that I know off, TBS is mainly good is well-organized groups for trails etc.

For 4-man group content I would personally go for Julianos but the difference is pretty small.

Yeah i would love to get into a trail but my guild does em to late for me. Dam real life responsibilitys getting in the way. I guess for now ill stick with julianos! Much appreciated!
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Eunjung, what are your overloads hitting for??

I'm levelling a sorc up now, did vCoA two nights ago when it was the pledge (I was healing), with me running combat prayer and the tank war horn the sorc in our group was doing non crit 30k overloads and 50k crits. After we finished the dungeon I logged out andd started levelling my sorc....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not broken works perfectly. I was using TBS on my Templar, up until around 400 cps I was getting higher DPS than wearing julianous, I get slightly more dps wearing Julz now that I'm at cap. I still use TBS when healing hard content for attro/ritual mundus
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

I'm levelling a sorc up now, did vCoA two nights ago when it was the pledge (I was healing), with me running combat prayer and the tank war horn the sorc in our group was doing non crit 30k overloads and 50k crits. After we finished the dungeon I logged out andd started levelling my sorc....

My Overloads crit in the 32K to 40K on my Shadow/Thief PvE buids. I don't have any fancy Molag Kena gear, BTW. I tried taking that build into PvP, and I was able to crit players for 16.5, which is great damage in PvP. Unfortunately, that build had issues in PvP (like other spell power builds), though, that made me switch to a Magicka stacking build that I'm using now in the IC: Destro/Resto 2 pc Willpower, 4 pc Succession, 5 pc Seducer with gold VR16 everything, 3 Infused /4 Divines on top of Mage Mundus. I'm a little bit shy of 50K Magicka and a 15K Ward, which combined with Harness and Healing Ward makes me very hard to kill 1v1 ... as long as I don't get knocked down, LOL.

Edited by Emma_Overload on March 1, 2016 11:53PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

My Overloads crit in the 32K to 40K on my Shadow/Thief PvE buids. I don't have any fancy Molag Kena gear, BTW. I tried taking that build into PvP, and I was able to crit players for 16.5, which is great damage in PvP. Unfortunately, that build had issues in PvP (like other spell power builds), though, that made me switch to a Magicka stacking build that I'm using now in the IC: Destro/Resto 2 pc Willpower, 4 pc Succession, 5 pc Seducer with gold VR16 everything, 3 Infused /4 Divines on top of Mage Mundus. I'm a little bit shy of 50K Magicka and a 15K Ward, which combined with Harness and Healing Ward makes me very hard to kill 1v1 ... as long as I don't get knocked down, LOL.

Awesome, been such a big fan of TBS on my templar was very curious as to how you stacked up against the julianos builds, thanks for the info :)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx