The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do all the traits used to craft sets then apply to that set?

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
Im a bit confused here. If I craft a piece of hundings rage for example which requires 6 traits per item does the crafted item then receive ALL of those trait bonuses? Or only a few or only one? How does that work? I just want to be clear on this before I spend time finding all the traits I want to research. And if only one or a few apply to the crafted piece, why would I bother researching the "good" traits instead of whatever I have on hand to meet the X amount of traits required to craft whatever set along with the one or two traits that I do want.
Edited by Serenityx on February 26, 2016 12:37AM

Best Answer

• PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Im a bit confused here. If I craft a piece of hundings rage for example which requires 6 traits per item does the crafted item then receive ALL of those trait bonuses? Or only a few or only one? How does that work? I just want to be clear on this before I spend time finding all the traits I want to research. And if only one or a few apply to the crafted piece, why would I bother researching the "good" traits instead of whatever I have on hand to meet the X amount of traits required to craft whatever set along with the one or two traits that I do want.

Knowing 6 traits allows you to craft hundings.

Each piece of individual armor is crafted in a single trait and receives the bonus from that single trait.....

If I craft a divines helm of hundings rage, I receive the Divines bonus for that piece.... if I have 5 pieces of divines Hundings, I receive the Divines bonus x 5.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Answer ✓
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I get it now. You don't actually use all the known traits you just have to know the minimum amount. Makes sense
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    I get it now. You don't actually use all the known traits you just have to know the minimum amount. Makes sense

Correctamondo
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    But imagine if you could put all those traits on there - LOL. Super powered gear.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    But imagine if you could put all those traits on there - LOL. Super powered gear.

Then people might actually use sturdy!! lol
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA