The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templar leveling differently?

madmax911
madmax911
So when i google templar leveling i kinda find staff and light armor. Now that may be the optimal and fastest way to level but i just dont see my templar that way.
For me he is a heavy armored sword and board. 2H weapon can work too if not the other.
So with that in mind what should i do? stats? skills?
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina
    Options
  • madmax911
    madmax911
    Oooooook?
    Options
  • Zedh
    Zedh
    ✭✭✭
    Sword and Board is pretty much your worst bet when looking for fast levelling. Since you seem to want to play stamina based weapons, go for dual wield with Steel Tornado, bow with bombard, two handed with cleave or straight up Biting Jabs. All attributes and enchants go into stamina and weapon damage, 5 piece medium instead of heavy. You can go heavy once you're done levelling, but before v16 heavy armor just holds you back. Also repentance is your most important skill for stamina sustain while grinding.
    Main: Hamrami, AD Magplar
    Twinks: Hamramri, AD Magplar
    Cantami, AD Magplar
    Some uninteresting Posers, V1-16 AD
    Pet: Fennec, V16 AD
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    two handed is very viable, now that attacks hit three and the execute can hit 6 you can do lots of damage to multiple.
    i did farming where cleave,aoe(depending on class/build), cleave, then you can pritty much just smash the whole mob with executioner always targeting the lowest health.
    when leveling you want lots of abilities that hit multiple targets.
    seeing that your tmplar id go cleave, biting jabs a few times executioner after rounding up a few mobs, Repentance is SIC.
    Options
  • madmax911
    madmax911
    When i use skills i increase in something i cant remember but when i respecc will i start from scratch?
    Options
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    madmax911 wrote: »
    When i use skills i increase in something i cant remember but when i respecc will i start from scratch?

No. If you respec, you keep all the progress you've made on an ability. You may respec and then decide not to use an ability the 2nd go around. Then 3 months later you find a new use for the ability and unlock it. The skill will pick back up where you were from the first time you unlocked it.
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
    Options
  • madmax911
    madmax911

No. If you respec, you keep all the progress you've made on an ability. You may respec and then decide not to use an ability the 2nd go around. Then 3 months later you find a new use for the ability and unlock it. The skill will pick back up where you were from the first time you unlocked it.

I meant the new skill i want to use. Then i will start from 0 on that skill right? I mean it makes sense but i dont know if i want to learn all new skills at zero. Brings horrendous memories from WoW where you needed to skill up weapons :D
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant the new skill i want to use. Then i will start from 0 on that skill right? I mean it makes sense but i dont know if i want to learn all new skills at zero. Brings horrendous memories from WoW where you needed to skill up weapons :D

what you mean, are you asking about the second morph you havent used or new skills? clearly if you never used it you still have to level it... otherwise:
    each skill has 4 levels and each morph has 4 levels. every level is permanent. if you level one morph to max, respec, then the other, they will both permanently be full level;. respec anytime to change back and fourth.
    you dont need to learn every skill on a weapon. if you have it slotted you will level it up. a skill tree levels faster for each of its abilities you slot(class and weapon trees work this way)
    Options
  • madmax911
    madmax911
    ok thanks for all the input.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Templar is all stamina, medium armor and two-handed weapons.

Unstoppable in PvE, challenging to play in PvP.
    :smile:
    Options
  • Momomani
    Momomani
    Zedh wrote: »
    Sword and Board is pretty much your worst bet when looking for fast levelling. Since you seem to want to play stamina based weapons, go for dual wield with Steel Tornado, bow with bombard, two handed with cleave or straight up Biting Jabs. All attributes and enchants go into stamina and weapon damage, 5 piece medium instead of heavy. You can go heavy once you're done levelling, but before v16 heavy armor just holds you back. Also repentance is your most important skill for stamina sustain while grinding.

then what is best for the remaining 2 slot light or heavy?
    Options