The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Place to Steal in AD

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
I've just started Cadwell's Gold and I'm looking for the best place to loot desks, drawers, nightstands and wardrobes in Auridon and then in other areas once I unlock them through the quests.

Preferably somewhere with 8-10 or so in close proximity so I can log out and back in.

Thanks.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the bank in Vulkhel Guard
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Autolycus

Yeah I tried that but it didn't seem great from a looting POV as there were only a were drawers.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on February 25, 2016 3:25PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Autolycus

Yeah I tried that but it didn't seem great.

At one point, that was a really good place. I hadn't tried it in some time, so I half expected it to be less than awesome now.

Other than that, I might suggest going to Skywatch. There's no refuge there though.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Autolycus

Yeah there's just not that many "high value containers" and too many NPCs in VG's bank for my liking. I've had a look in Skywatch but still the same. Nothing on Daggerfall's bank tbh. Thanks though.

Also, what's the deal with not having any lootable desks? Is this an AD thing or a standard Cadwell's Gold thing?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vurkhel guard bank has way more than anywhere in DC...

Just go on the room with a banker. There's at least 8. Room opposite there's 3 with no NPCs.

Other than that. The mage and fighter's guild bases in elden root in grahtwood
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love thieving in Vulkhel Guard's bank.Its way fun. I learned my sneaking there,when to hit the container,and when to just sit tight and wait until the NPCs in the main bank bit moved away.It and Orsinium are my favorite places to thieve.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski

Whilst the bank in Daggerfall does have slightly fewer containers, I find the "loot per minute" (incl. logouts) to be less than VG's bank due to the added time taken to negotiate around obstacles and find hidden corners. Whereas in Daggerfall's bank you can always follow a 'blind' path whilst looting everything of worth.

Anyway, this wasn't intended to be a discussion of which is better across the Alliances because now that I have a chance of the Cadwell's Gold motifs, I'd rather do my looting in AD.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha has roughly 10 safe boxes and is probably the smallest "large town" of the 3 factions. The only problem is that it's no secret, you'll have competition for those safe boxes. I paid for a lot of bank upgrades by stealing in Rawl'kha though. Once you get your route down you'll steal all you can fence in a day in about an hour and come out of it about 10k richer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski

Whilst the bank in Daggerfall does have slightly fewer containers, I find the "loot per minute" (incl. logouts) to be less than VG's bank due to the added time taken to negotiate around obstacles and find hidden corners. Whereas in Daggerfall's bank you can always follow a 'blind' path whilst looting everything of worth.

Anyway, this wasn't intended to be a discussion of which is better across the Alliances because now that I have a chance of the Cadwell's Gold motifs, I'd rather do my looting in AD.

Well vurkhel guard is your best option.
  • BlueBin
    BlueBin
    ✭✭
    I personally find Elden Root to be a good option.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueBin wrote: »
    I personally find Elden Root to be a good option.

Where are there a lot of things to steal there? I didnt really see much.