The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

@ all guild owners. I have no idea what I'm doing. Help appreciated.

CourtneyManson
So I wanted so badly to start a guild so I did. Put up ads on Reddit and the guild recruitment thread but it's been several hours and no one has responded. Am I just being paranoid? It's just hard because everyone is looking for active guilds or big established guilds and I'm not exactly considered active or established by being the only member. I have no friends on eso to help me start this off. So pretty much, guild owners, what am I supposed to do to start up? I'm a lost puppy.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it's not easy to found a guild all by yourself. Most guilds I've been in were created by a group of players who often played together and then decided to create a guild to make things easier. If you really want to create your own guild, the best way is probably playing the game and when you meet friendly players, ask them if they want to join your newly founded guild.
    And don't be disappointed if someone says no, many players either are already in a guild or some don't want to join guilds at all.
  • CourtneyManson
    @lolo_01b16_ESO Thank you so much. That was actually very reassuring and you made me feel 110% better. You're 10/10
  • ForlornBeliever
    Actively checking the guild recruitment forums for people searching is a good way. You can also try talking to people in game chat as well. Once you start getting more members, you'll have more help in the recruitment. And if you're already a member of any guilds, you can try asking other members if they'd like to join. It does seem that pretty much everyone just wants to be in huge guilds with traders and 100s of members, but you just need to remember that even those guilds started out with just one person or a few people. Patience and perseverance are probably the best things you can have when trying to buid your own guild.
    Edited by ForlornBeliever on February 25, 2016 3:49AM
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • CourtneyManson
    @ForlornBeliever I was honestly expecting hate for posting something like this but you were so kind and that means the world to me. Thank you so much. Sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me. I'll keep what you said in mind. Definitely helpful.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS

Another good way to get people to join you , start doing group finder and do some dungeons to meet people , after couple of hours having fun / frustration lol you will get to know players and then ask them to join your guild so next time when you are doing dungeons you can invite them to join again , and don't forget to have fun.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it has only been a few hours then do not worry, your guild will not grow overnight :) It will take a bit of time but be patient. One of the best ways to recruit I've experienced is to just talk to like minded people in game. This is how my werewolf guild began, by just finding others who shared their bites for free and wanted to help people. Good luck!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS

Another good way to get people to join you , start doing group finder and do some dungeons to meet people , after couple of hours having fun / frustration lol you will get to know players and then ask them to join your guild so next time when you are doing dungeons you can invite them to join again , and don't forget to have fun.

I was just about to say this.
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    If you're already a member of any guilds, you can try asking other members if they'd like to join.

Before attempting this please check if the guild leaders are okay with it! Advertising a guild in another guild's chat is often seen as poaching and can lead to the recruiters being kicked, blacklisted and their new guilds could start off with a poor reputation.

There are several facebook groups that could prove a good source of members. I endorse these two in particular, make sure to mention your platform, server and alliance:
    https://facebook.com/groups/tesotu
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=517893511724730

Hop from zone to zone advertising the guild if possible (not sure about how to do that on console), I'd be happy to help you draft an advert if you're on PC. Good luck!
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter