The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dual Wield Axes - how does the Bleed work?

Torbschka
Torbschka
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

so the tooltip says "Every axe has a chance of 25% to procc a bleed-dot on the target, dealing x amount of dmg in 5 seconds".

I have some question about that:
1. If the bleed-dot procs and after 2 seconds it does procc again, will it do any dmg? (cuz ive heard the first tick doesnt come instantly, it starts after 2h seconds)
2. Why should I wear 2 axes? Isnt it enough if I have 1 axe, because if I use a ability it counts both weapons, so I will always hit with 1 axe and have a 25% chance? Or will I have with abilites like 2x times a 25% chance to procc it? Can anybody explain how this does work?
3. So wouldnt it make more sense to take a Axe and a sword for example?
4. Heavy attacks with Dual wield will hit with bot wepaons anyway, so I just might lose 1 auto attack if I do aa-ability-aa-ability etc., but the ability always have the chance to procc the effect?

In case that the dot will start after 2 seconds, 2 axes would be contraproductive, because the chance to "overlap" it is higher, but with 1 axe there is the chance to constantly apply a dot every 4-6 seconds?

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    CAnt edit: Is the dot dmg affected by how many axes u wear? No or, it is just affected by your total weapon dmg?
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each axe equipped gives your weapon attacks a 25% chance to bleed enemies for [x] Physical Damage over 6 seconds.

So the proc chance is affected by the number of axes, not the DOT dmg.

I believe this is bugged on live so you always get 100% proc chance.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each axe equipped gives your weapon attacks a 25% chance to bleed enemies for [x] Physical Damage over 6 seconds.

I've tested it but it's only glitched with 2 handed axes on live right now. They are fixing this in the TG update.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I understand, but is it like iwth 2 axes that I'll have a 50% chance to procc the dot or is it more like the game counts it as: 1axe, 25%, no proc. 2axe, 25%, procc, whem Im using an abiilty?

Furterhmore, with the overlap of Dots, dont u guys think just 1 axe would be enough, I mean 25% is still pretty hight chance lol

Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »

Yeah I understand, but is it like iwth 2 axes that I'll have a 50% chance to procc the dot or is it more like the game counts it as: 1axe, 25%, no proc. 2axe, 25%, procc, whem Im using an abiilty?

Furterhmore, with the overlap of Dots, dont u guys think just 1 axe would be enough, I mean 25% is still pretty hight chance lol

It stacks to 50%, just like dual swords give 2,5%+2,5%=5% extra dmg.

For pve dps I would use 1x precise dagger and 1x precise axe, the 25% proc chance is enough to proc if frequently.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Options
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehm tooltip is 8% per axe. Not 25%. also i my 400+ hit test actually proc chance for dual axe was 10 to 12%. While single axe was close to 8% and 2h axe close to 16% like stated on tooltip. Testing was done on pts
    Options
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Ehm tooltip is 8% per axe.[

@LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Ehm tooltip is 8% per axe. Not 25%. also i my 400+ hit test actually proc chance for dual axe was 10 to 12%. While single axe was close to 8% and 2h axe close to 16% like stated on tooltip. Testing was done on pts

PTS has different values than Live, they changed some proc percentage and Bleed dmg because it was bugged for 2H axe.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Options