The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I keep deleting my characters because I can't decide! Help! NA

LionheartRichard
LionheartRichard
✭✭✭
I can't decide on what faction or what class! All 3 factions appeal to me, and whenever I choose one, the grass seems greener elsewhere. I want to PvP so I want the best PvP faction (last I checked, that rules out Ebonheart? Dead last in Azura's Star) and I also want the best story quests and culture that fits my character best. I imagine all 3 factions have equal PvE experiences.

As far as class goes, I want to remake my character that I am currently playing through Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim with (In my headcanon, they are all the same character, and I also want to be the same character in ESO.) He is a Nord (but I can still choose any faction) Hunter who worships Hircine and fights with a spear (so Templar?) but also uses some magic, especially Dragon magic (He is the Dragonborn, after all) so Dragon Knight?

So basically I've gotten it narrowed down to a Nord, Healer or Tank, Dragon Knight or Templar and DC, AD or EP.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to make two suggestions....
    1) you have eight character slots..... that's enough to have a magicka & stam variant of all four classes.
    2) Why not play all factions?.... I personally only play AD, but I have friends that play all three.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    Well I only want one character, I don't have the desire to level multiple characters. I also hear it is best to stick with one faction so you can play with the same people if you need to be a different role in groups. I actually have one character from a year ago who is level 20, but I've decided to make him a crafting mule as he has a lot of motifs.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I only want one character, I don't have the desire to level multiple characters. I also hear it is best to stick with one faction so you can play with the same people if you need to be a different role in groups. I actually have one character from a year ago who is level 20, but I've decided to make him a crafting mule as he has a lot of motifs.

Trust me, if you play the game for any extended period of time, you are 99% likely to roll a new character.

I started out playing just my DK for the first 9-10 months of the game... this was in a time when Orcs weren't really the best for anything. I played him as a Tank, a healer and a magicka DPS... since then I have also played as a Stam DPS. I absolutely love my first DK, he will always be the OG, but eventually you explore most of what your main has to offer and you branch out to keep yourself engaged.

Levelling a character from 1-50 takes very little time at the moment, so why not give each faction a decent run and then decide.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How competitive are you? If you are then I suggest going for a min/max race. That way you wont rage when you can't reach the same stats as others.

If not then I like what you already said. I would not suggest a temp just because the skills are buggy and you don't wanna rage at that.

You can be a dragonknight, sounds pretty close to your dragon born, and I think some of the nord passives work well with it.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should just roll whatever your instincts tell you.One person will tell you to play their favorite race and class,then you'll find they arent what you want.You'll just keep having to delete characters over and over.
    It is only up to you to make up your own mind.No one else can do it for you.
  • LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    Well I went with a Nord Dragon Knight Daggerfall Covenant. I'm not so sure about the faction, I was also thinking about EP, but I already have a character there who is level 20, so I went with it. Thanks guys!