The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CP and PvP Suggestion

jnormanb14a_ESO
Forgive me if this has been discussed already - I have only started visiting these forums in the past couple of weeks.

I have been viewing the discussion regarding the removal of CP from certain campaigns and how this will encourage new players but discourage those who have put play time into earning their CP.

What I have not seen is much discussion for alternatives that could solve the current issue: the account wide statistical advantage of a veteran player versus a new player. What if the exact opposite were implemented, and in Cyrodiil, each character came equipped with the current maximum amount of CP? I'd be curious to hear others thoughts.

From my experience and perspective, many interested in PvP are not interested in an unfair fight. For the sake of PvP, I believe progression should be reflected by effort and time put into PvP (Alliance Rank) versus PvE (Veteran Rank and CP grind).

This would enable Zenimax to balance around the system, while keeping PvE players satisfied with their progression. As soon as your character left Cyrodiil, they would return to having the normal amount of CP as the system stands today.

TL;DR: I am suggesting rather than having CP/No CP Campaigns, balance around CP, give 501 to all players upon entering Cyrodiil.
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting - basically making a PvP version of your character. It would still cause the problem of having to have two gear sets - one for PvE where you have your real CP and one for PvP where you have your full CP - just like if you played with no CP, you would have to have to different setups, versus tailoring your character for both PvE and PvP at the same time.

I personally think ZOS should just leave CP alone, those complaining about being at a disadvantage will have their CP eventually. Plus, if they are truly going to get rid of VR levels (will believe it when I see it), then I think having a no CP campaign, unless it is BwB, is kind of pointless.
    PC/NA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jzholloway wrote: »
    It would be interesting - basically making a PvP version of your character. It would still cause the problem of having to have two gear sets - one for PvE where you have your real CP and one for PvP where you have your full CP - just like if you played with no CP, you would have to have to different setups, versus tailoring your character for both PvE and PvP at the same time.

I personally think ZOS should just leave CP alone, those complaining about being at a disadvantage will have their CP eventually. Plus, if they are truly going to get rid of VR levels (will believe it when I see it), then I think having a no CP campaign, unless it is BwB, is kind of pointless.

a player that has over 2000 CP (and trust me, there would be people that do without the current cap) will have a HUGE advantage over someone with only a few hundred. Not everyone can play for large periods of time. I was in the PTS when the CP system first came out, and the difference between a player with a couple thousand CPs and one with only a few hundred or so is huge. The cap is needed unless ZOS changes some of the CP system.
    Edited by Cody on February 25, 2016 12:02AM