The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ok, my guild bank got robbed, possibly related to the money laundering..

Lord_Ejl
Lord_Ejl
✭✭
Few days ago, in my guild someone sold 1 jasmine with 130k. I kicked them out, and now, one of our long term member withdrew a lot of purple items from the bank, refuses to answer.

Is there anything else to be done, than just reporting him, and maybe we get something back?

Edited by Lord_Ejl on February 23, 2016 12:31PM
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't trust anyone.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    It really seems so. Makes me sad. It's just a game. People donated those gears for other players to use, not for getting just resins, they're not costly in guild stores :D

Players like these really ruin the MMO-esperience. Is there a public shaming list anywhere? :D
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also like to know if reporting them is an option. For my guild bank though, the policy is deposit what we want at your own risk, and withdraw only what you need. New members cannot withdraw though so there is a kind of failsafe in place.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    Got a hold of him, 46 items he took, green to purple. Promised to give them all back. We'll see..
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Volkodav on February 23, 2016 3:53PM
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    Did the member put them back after all that?

One of my guilds had real issues with thieves, we put in a rule where new members couldn't earn bank privileges until two weeks with us. My other guild is far smaller so we get guildies to apply on our website for full membership.
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    Nope, i gave him 3 days either give us gold or stuff to compensate, on the third day, he left on his own. We never got anything back.

He was with us for couple months, seemed like an ok guy.
  • Diab3ticBatman
    With my guild, we had a lot of members depositing stuff to help others and I just made it impossible for anyone to take anything out of it. Basically, you had to message me or one of the other leaders if you wanted something in the bank, and we would mail it to you. Sucky but effective, and stopped people from taking everything.
    The Wolfpack Guard is looking for members on Xbox One. If you are with the Aldmeri Dominion, and looking for a good guild with good people who will help each other and work together, this guild may be for you.
    WE RUN AS ONE!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    With my guild, we had a lot of members depositing stuff to help others and I just made it impossible for anyone to take anything out of it. Basically, you had to message me or one of the other leaders if you wanted something in the bank, and we would mail it to you. Sucky but effective, and stopped people from taking everything.

How do they see what you have though with no access? I do not disagree with your policy though.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

How do they see what you have though with no access? I do not disagree with your policy though.

On pc you can see what's in the guild bank even when you don't have permission to take anything from it.
  • BigLamb
    BigLamb
    Nothing against the support here but I have heard even reporting them is meaningless. They say recruit at your own risk. I tell my guild people only deposit what you can live without. I tell them to keep all purple items or wait and ask if someone needs them when we party up. We haven't had any issues but not saying we won't. All guilds do, to bad we can't put bounties on these people in Tamriel and hunt them down, whoever finds them gets there gear and everything in there personal bank.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

On pc you can see what's in the guild bank even when you don't have permission to take anything from it.

His sig mentions xbox though and as far as I know you can't see what's in the bank if you don't have withdrawl privilege. Not sure why they made PC different in that regard though.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing can be done.

Technically, the guy did nothing wrong. Morally it's bottom of the barrel. But as far as rules, he broke none. He had access to draw as much stuff as he liked from the bank, he did, then left a guild.

So zos won't do anything about it.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an issue with someone a few months after launch. He was an officer that went bat *** crazy on us one day, stole a few items, changed a couple of guild notes here and there to make sure we knew how much he hated those particular individuals, and then bailed.

ZOS does very little in these situations, as it is technically up to us as guild leaders and officers to screen our members, and only entrust privileges to those that truly deserve it. Unfortunately, sometimes people are completely cool and trustworthy for months before they go off the deep end, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

My advice is to tighten your policies. Further limit the number of people who have withdrawal rights. The individuals who have these rights should be active enough to be reached by other members in your guild, in the event they need someone to get something for them. Those people you trust with those privileges tend to be more reliable if they have a personal stake in the guild, i.e. if something gets stolen, it hurts them too. People who genuinely care about having those items in the bank solely for the benefit of guild members tend to take it personally when something like this happens; those are the people you can trust with withdrawal rights. They're typically the same people who do most of the depositing, tend to be in better financial situations than other players, and usually are the same people who have maxed crafting and multiple characters with top-tier gear (after all, what could they need from the bank that they don't already have?)
    Edited by Autolycus on March 1, 2016 9:00PM
  • Tulien
    Tulien
    ✭✭✭
    Had that happen as well, and the player left 1 piece of some worthless crafting mat in the bank and sent a snarky message to the GM to rub it all in. Yeah, having the Guild Bank emptied sucks, and no, ZOS does not do anything about that activity itself for all the reasons others have stated. If the action is accompanied by an actual violation of the Terms of Service, ie. harassment, that issue might be addressed separately from the theft, if reported through the appropriate mechanism.

Just be careful that in your search for vengeance that you do not violate the ToS yourself. How much would it suck to get suspended for simply letting some *** know that s/he's an ***?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people like that in the world and there are plenty in this game. That is why you just shouldn't have anything of value in the guild bank. If there is something of value, lock it down.

If you have valuable things and it is open to all, that is your choice and you should be ready to accept it. If you can't accept that, than be smart.

I don't really have sympathy for these threads because it is so obvious that letting random people in a guild will mean some people like that will show up. There are people who will do that face to face. In an anonymous environment like this, I wouldn't risk it.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't deposit anything to the guild banks and I have not withdrawn one thing from any of the 5 guild banks I am a member of. I do give gold to help with guild trader bids through the lottos or just straight up donations.