The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I need help with how buying from guild traders works.

RiverDan
RiverDan
Obviously I am fairly new to this game. I just recently discovered I can buy items I want at guild traders. Here is what I am trying to figure out.
How come sometimes I get the items I purchased very fast, and other times not at all? My gold always get taken instantly. Is there a time limit until I get either my gold back, or the stuff I bought?

Thanks.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually you can just relog and your mail with your purchase will be in your inbox. I have never experience not receiving anything I bought from the guild store.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also find the same thing. Purchases can come through within a few minutes, other times, I need to re-log.

It's one of the "bugs" with their mysterious in-game mail system.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO only checks for mail infrequently while you're playing. You can "force" a mail check by changing zones or logging out/in.
    :smile:
  • RiverDan
    RiverDan
    I have on order, that I really wanted, that didn't show up at all. But my money is gone. Just another glitch?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relog or travel to another zone, as others have said, the mail system has always been temperemental since the days of Early Access on PC, even worse in Cyro.

Sometimes a mail can come through instantly, or a min or so, or not for ages, or until you relog, travel to another zone.

Get used to it hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3e easy and quick things you can do to get your email. In order of ease:

1. Go in or out of the Thieves Refuge
    2. Port to a player (guild, friend or group) in the same zone
    3. Port to another zone

Not going to mention relogging as that is not needed and takes the longest to do. But that would be the 4th.

There are also Delves that you can go into that will reload the zone or instance, but those are not always quick to find or get to.
    Edited by Nestor on February 23, 2016 3:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    RiverDan wrote: »
    Obviously I am fairly new to this game. I just recently discovered I can buy items I want at guild traders. Here is what I am trying to figure out.
    How come sometimes I get the items I purchased very fast, and other times not at all? My gold always get taken instantly. Is there a time limit until I get either my gold back, or the stuff I bought?

Thanks.

If you paid you should always get your stuff. Sometimes it glitches and seems like you paid but you didn't actually pay, but if the money actually was pulled from your player relog like others selected works. Seems like the mail system has scheduled send receives at certain times and when logging on.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • RiverDan
    RiverDan
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. There was definitely one order that didn't work, at all. It was for 117 iron threads. I would have noticed it working. But that's cool. I'll find some more.

From now on I'll change zones if the mail is a little slow.

Thanks again.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RiverDan wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. There was definitely one order that didn't work, at all. It was for 117 iron threads. I would have noticed it working. But that's cool. I'll find some more.

From now on I'll change zones if the mail is a little slow.

Thanks again.

Iron Thread? I can't give that stuff away.....

I have noticed that sometimes there is some lag in the Guild Trader screen so that it seems like I am making a purchase, but I am really not. Best way to tell is to note how much gold you have before purchase and after you think you made the purchase. If you have not seen the gold go down (really just change amount, no need to keep track of the amount), then keep the trade window open or reopen it and purchase again.
    Edited by Nestor on February 23, 2016 5:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"