The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To Craft v16 Armor or Wait for TG?

Najjynn
Najjynn
✭✭
Hi folks,
My Magicka templar is about to hit vr 16 shortly, and was thinking about either crafting a v16 set of Julianos or Kag's (I dabble in both PvP and PvE, so this is another debate altogether); however, with TG on the horizon, I was wondering the community's thoughts as to whether I should go ahead and craft, or wait? Would I be better served crafting a v15 set, and go with that until TG comes out, or is it worth it to go ahead and maximize my gear options.

Any comments are greatly appreciated, thank you!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i don't see any new sets changing the core of my builds,besides i can always use them on alts if somethings comes up.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only two reasons to wait until Thieves Guild. Either you want a new set that arrives with it (http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets) or you want to make your gear with one of the new craftable motifs.

Otherwise, create the V16 gear. I'd personally wait it out and make new gear using the cool motifs coming with Thieves Guild. If you don't make the V16 gear, then you should craft V14-V15 or farm Maelstrom arena sets.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 21, 2016 8:09AM
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd wait, never know what else will be in the patch that isn't in the current notes...like

"Oh, and we've reduced the amount of mats it takes to create VR16 equipment by 50%" (This is made up, just an example of something that COULD happen)

Edited by reften on February 23, 2016 5:59PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since your on the fence between two sets, make them both in VR15 and Purple and try each one and see how it works for you. Once you find the set you like, then make it in VR16/Gold.

Heck, I usually make the sets in VR14 white and use them to compare (as I am comparing the sets to each other, not to what I have) then I make the set I want for real in the level I can use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wait because there are quite a few awesome motifs coming and the vr16 mats will be more common, the outlaw motif and the alliance motifs are awesome.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.