Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best place to grind to v16?

Dantonian_Rarstiana
Me and my girlfriend have been leveling together for two months now. We made it through Cadwells gold, and now find ourselves questing through Wrothgar, however the exp gains from questing are abysmal... The Cadwell quests were giving us 28k, but all the Wrothgar quests are giving 8.5k.
We play pretty casually, so at this rate I don't think we will make v16 by the time Thieves guild hits. Does anyone know of a good place we can just grind out the last 3 veteran ranks? She is a stamina nightblade, and I play an anything-templar. So we can pretty much take on any set of mobs. We just don't know a good place to go. There was a dwemer delve in craglorn that I knew was good way back in the day, but we tried it, and they nerfed the XP gains to ***...
Thanks.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old orsinium is good but exp drops as many many people level there. There is a cave in cyrodil that is good for pulling zombie mobs. It is often farmed out again. I think it was called haywire or Hayward cave.....hay something. Is good.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orsinium,anywhere there,is good if you want to level fast.
    Edited by Volkodav on February 21, 2016 7:23PM
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have access to the Imperial City, the XP in there (quests, mobs) is very good. Of course, it is also a PvP zone that comes with the inherent risks.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    If you have access to the Imperial City, the XP in there (quests, mobs) is very good. Of course, it is also a PvP zone that comes with the inherent risks.

We tried that out... went to a low pop pvp server and still there were tons of people everywhere... It seems like the best exp out of anything though, so we will probably try to grind there during off hours.

I have to say that ESO's end game still seems like it falls flat.
    The veteran grind is still miserable. Sucks all the fun out of the game, just mindlessly doing quests that don't mean anything anymore because you already completed your main storyline. My girlfriend was really into the story on our first faction. By the second faction she was only half paying attention. By the third faction she was just mashing E through all the dialogue...

I hope the thieves guild DLC gives us something to keep playing for, or once again I will have to drop ESO. Probably for good this time.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil daily quests.

Easy quests, and easy on the eyes and hands as it's not just constant button mashing.
    Edited by reften on February 22, 2016 1:40PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City. Just levelled my DK to VR16 yesterday using a freaking SWORD AND SHIELD there. Like, damn. I feel dead inside now, but at least I made it, I guess :/
    Made quite a few stones as well, found some hakeijo, kuta and got my Fighter's Guild to rank 10. Yeah, definitely worth grinding in IC.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lipsand tarn
    Crackwood cave
    Red ruby cave
    Imperial city.

This won't help you, but with my stamplar this weekend, I finished silver then grinded from vr4 to 15 in like 9/10 hours. I went to two grind spots basically. They stop being worthwhile at 15, so I had the idea of just riding around gold exploring and rank up thay way. I had three wayshrines in the whole of gold.

By just exploring gold and doing 3 Wrothgar delves I hit 16. It was obviously slower than grinding above places, but a welcome change of pace.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 22, 2016 2:09PM
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Imperial City. Just levelled my DK to VR16 yesterday using a freaking SWORD AND SHIELD there. Like, damn. I feel dead inside now, but at least I made it, I guess :/
    Made quite a few stones as well, found some hakeijo, kuta and got my Fighter's Guild to rank 10. Yeah, definitely worth grinding in IC.

Good...going to grind there soon to V16. Coming with me? :wink:
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Lipsand tarn
    Crackwood cave
    Red ruby cave
    Imperial city.

This won't help you, but with my stamplar this weekend, I finished silver then grinded from vr4 to 15 in like 9/10 hours. I went to two grind spots basically. They stop being worthwhile at 15, so I had the idea of just riding around gold exploring and rank up thay way. I had three wayshrines in the whole of gold.

By just exploring gold and doing 3 Wrothgar delves I hit 16. It was obviously slower than grinding above places, but a welcome change of pace.

Good advice I might try these tonight
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lipsand tarn
    Crackwood cave
    Red ruby cave
    Imperial city.

No way to did 11 VR levels in 9/10 hours
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level in Wrothgar until you are strong enough for Imperial City, then go level in the IC sewers.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »
    Lipsand tarn
    Crackwood cave
    Red ruby cave
    Imperial city.

Why not? With ESO plus membership, being married to your grinding Partner and using XP pots/scrolls. I have seen people do it in that time. Myself...I am just too lazy to grind hours and hours. So much more fun stuff to do. ;)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 9/11 hours is a bit over exaggeration tbh, it's about 1 VR for every 2-3 hours.

source: I have done it with being married, subbed, pots.

You need to keep in mind there are other people that will interfere with the grind and this WILL slow it down.

Still the best method in town.

So OP in conclusion:

Grind in Orsinium / IC whichever is the least populated by other players / can get you the fastest exp/hour. (depends which mobs you kill faster for the exp reward).

I believe Orsinium mobs give like 15% less exp than IC but die like x2 fast. So you will have to decide with stuff like that in mind...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »
    Lipsand tarn
    Crackwood cave
    Red ruby cave
    Imperial city.

Yes way. Certain places with an xp pot give a vet level in 45 minutes. I did do 11 levels in around 10 hours. I've done it on multiple toons.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like the dwemer style, I would suggest you going through Rkindaleft. I got some motifs there in a very short time (look in containers aswell, they are not to be underestimated :wink:).

If one, or both of you are into clothing, Old-Orsinium is definitely something for you though.

Finally it's a matter of either of the dungeons being overcrowded or not. But both provide routes, where you can avoid rotating grinding groups or single players, especially in Old Orsinium.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Yeah 9/11 hours is a bit over exaggeration tbh, it's about 1 VR for every 2-3 hours.

source: I have done it with being married, subbed, pots.

You need to keep in mind there are other people that will interfere with the grind and this WILL slow it down.

Still the best method in town.

So OP in conclusion:

Grind in Orsinium / IC whichever is the least populated by other players / can get you the fastest exp/hour. (depends which mobs you kill faster for the exp reward).

I believe Orsinium mobs give like 15% less exp than IC but die like x2 fast. So you will have to decide with stuff like that in mind...

Well you need to either find better spots, work out pulls better or kill thing quicker.

Xp pot, eso plus and a grinding partner in certain spots is a vet rank in 45 minutes. Said spot is good until you hit vet 7. Next spot is good until you hit 13, and is a vet level on a little over an hour. Spot for 13-14 takes an hour, 14-15 is the same spot and takes maybe 90 minutes.

Done this on my magica NB, magics temp and stam temp.

Of course, this is if nobody else is there. But as long as it's just another guy, you as a duo will kill most things and they'll move on. I did my stamplar this weekend gone and luckily nobody was at those spots.
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    1vr for every 50min exp potion, I just did it in the past week.

Find a partner (you already have!), ring of mara + xp pot + eso plus.
    There are few dungeon that give very good exp, you need to pull 3-4 packs of mob and aoe them fastest as you can, repeat for 14 hours to do v1-16.
    Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Thanks for all the responses guys.
    We will dig into these grinding spots on our weekend (Thursday Friday) and hopefully manage to get to v16.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial City is definitely a good grinding spot. I remember when I was around level 19-20's or so and I just kept slaying daedra left and right with groups, because if you're at a low level, it's always safe to go in a group. I just kept killing daedra and got experience that way.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Best farming spot in game is the sewers which is great 4 pvp
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City Sewers.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    So, we couldn't find any decent time to farm in any of the PvP locations... There were always people there farming the farmers.
    We ended up grinding it out in a few hours at Old Orsinium.
    There was an annoying amount of other people there, but we managed to carve out a little circuit for ourselves and bang through 13 to 16 in a handful of hours.
    My advice to anyone else is don't bother with anything in IC or Cyrodiil. As with all themepark MMO's you stand no chance against someone who built their character for PvP.
    And to the people who still think PvP in themepark games is fun... Seriously man... Even call of duty is better... And that's saying something...