Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strange deal in my guild.

Lord_Ejl
Lord_Ejl
✭✭
One member joined, sold 1 jasmine for 130k, and then left. What is this, trying to jack up prices to show on MM to rip someone else off?

Haven't got a hold of the player who bought it for that insane sum. He won't answer private messages or mail, atleast yet, tho he's online.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be trying to sabotage the MM prices for your guild store to strengthen their own guilds. The play who purchased it could have been a friend/alt account.

There is some talk that price manipulation goes on this way in the game. It's part of what happens in with price tracking though, just look at the most regular sales vales not the high outside numbers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    I thought something fishy was going on, especially when that other player refused to answer, waited for a day before asking in here.

People.... This is just a game.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTH??

that is weird, people want to trick the MM, for some looser reason, too bad, too bad!!
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manipulating price of Jasmine xD

I think, he sold gold for $. And the Jasmine is the new Lire. :)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... now that you mention it I was wondering why the 1 guy in our guild sold a Daedric motif for 500g and a couple of days later bought some other epic motifs for also below 1k ea.

I thought it was just players who don't care about profits.

Interesting...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Interesting... now that you mention it I was wondering why the 1 guy in our guild sold a Daedric motif for 500g and a couple of days later bought some other epic motifs for also below 1k ea.

I thought it was just players who don't care about profits.

Interesting...

That is more easily explained. The bottom has dropped out of the market for the original 4 Purple Motifs. I can't even get 5K for an Ancient Elf motif so I just have my mules learn the motifs now when I find them.

And, some people do sell in Guild Stores cheaply for the benefit of guild mates. This is more common in Guilds that don't chase kiosks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are the leader of your trade guild, I recommend making an announcement to your members detailing the manner in which you can "ignore outliers" with MM. It's a built-in feature that will intentionally leave out buy/sell values for items that are unreasonably high or low when calculating the average value. People will continue to force bias into the market value of items, but fortunately for us we can simply ignore them.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    which you can "ignore outliers" with MM.

I don't think this outlier is ignored all that much. I have this set and there are still outlier prices having an obvious effect on the suggested pricing.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    Could be someone messing with MM, but more likely it was a gold seller (and buyer) using your trading guild to launder the deal.
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A week ago I sold Xyvkin Legs, Daedric, and Primal motifs for 3.5k each to two guildmates, alongside donating about 25 blue motifs and 10 recipes, alongside about 1500+ fishing baits to the guild bank.

So much empty bank space now. But a strange transaction like that would be best done as a non-guild transaction to prevent publicity.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most likely situation is that the "seller" is a gold buyer from a shady site and the "buyer" is someone from that shady site. This is a way to launder gold without doing a face to face transaction. I'd have the GM report both the buyer and the seller to ZOS and have them look into the matter further.

Of course it could just be some jokesters having a laugh, but I'd say that's for ZOS to figure out.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alvar wrote: »
    Could be someone messing with MM, but more likely it was a gold seller (and buyer) using your trading guild to launder the deal.

That was my thinking too. It's a pretty common tactic to make the trade slightly harder for the mods to spot.

Apparently in most MMOs it's relatively uncommon for people to gift large amounts of gold without getting anything in return so those transactions are easy to spot. The alternative is to get the buyer to mail a few junk items in return but apparently that's almost as easy for mods to spot so it doesn't really work.

So they try to bury their transactions in large scale trade systems, and in ESO that means guild stores. The buyer is told to 'randomly' put an item up for far more than it's worth, which looks totally innocent - maybe they're guessing, maybe they're hoping to fool someone, but they're certainly not buying gold. Then, hey, completely out of the blue they get lucky and someone (the seller) buys their obscenely over-priced item. Weird coincidence but it certainly won't look like gold buying, will it?

Except I found out about it from an article on numerous games cracking down on this new trick.

I'm not sure if it's as straight-forward to keep track of hundreds of separate guilds as one trade system, but ZOS can probably figure it out.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can't even get 5K for an Ancient Elf motif so I just have my mules learn the motifs now when I find them.
    I just sold a Barbaric motif for 5k last night ...
    shades.gif
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    I am the GM in that guild. How can i inform ZOS of this? The transaction is lost already on the history page, so no screencaps to take :D but i guess ZOS can figure it out.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold laundering in ESO. Wow.. such thing exist!
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You made a second thread for this?
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    Yea, made it in a hurry, my bad. :(