The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Changing a Character's Alliance with a Crown Store Purchase

RobbaYaga
RobbaYaga
✭✭
Maybe this has been suggested before, but I'd pay real money to be able to move a Character from the alliance I made it in to an alliance in which I actually want to play a part.
Dragon kings, dying queens; where is salvation now?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issue comes with completed quests in each home Alliance and Cadwell's Silver/Gold. e.g. I'm now on Cadwell's Silver in Glenumbria having completed all of Ebonheart's main quests and leaving some side ones there. If I switched to that Alliance it would be difficult to translate that progress - even more difficult if I switched midway through Ebonheart's
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya know,I used to think it should be that you need to make sure you want the faction you pick.However,I've thought about this and it wouldnt cause a big problem unless it was like Sunburnt_Penguin says.Doing the Cadwell quests would be the problem.If you changed before you finished,.hmm,.no.
    It wouldnt work,as you'd lose skill points,and how would you work with the quests you hadnt finished so far.O can see that it gets complicated.
    :{
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be that hard to set specific stages where someone can switch. There are individuals that, once they reach Level 10, they go to Cyrodiil and never do PvE again for the most part. I've got a V5 toon that has not done a single part of the main quest, the fighter's guild or mage's guild quests. If I move my toon and all the quests reset, I don't really care as long as I keep my skill points and again ... I'd pay money (real money) to move said toon.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RobbaYaga wrote: »
    It wouldn't be that hard to set specific stages where someone can switch. There are individuals that, once they reach Level 10, they go to Cyrodiil and never do PvE again for the most part. I've got a V5 toon that has not done a single part of the main quest, the fighter's guild or mage's guild quests. If I move my toon and all the quests reset, I don't really care as long as I keep my skill points and again ... I'd pay money (real money) to move said toon.

Yeah,but a whole lot of people do care about their quests and the prograss they have gone through with them. It would be nice for those who want to change ifthey found a way to keep the work done on questlines,and still be able to change Factions.
    What I would like to see happen is that once you finish the main questline,Cadwell opens up the entire world to you.Not just the faction you get upon getting Silver,..then after that you get another faction with Gold.
    I think we should be able to have all of the areas unlocked.Although it would be interesting to see if someone from AD gets attacked by an NPC in EP.lol. THAT would be an interesting turn.
    Edited by Volkodav on February 28, 2016 8:18AM
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this has been suggested before, but I'd pay real money to be able to move a Character from the alliance I made it in to an alliance in which I actually want to play a part.

Not gonna happen, it would lead to too many jumping to 1 alliance with all their characters, what they need to do is balance the PVP areas better so campaigns are not dominated by 1 alliance
    Edited by Adzer2 on February 27, 2016 10:20PM
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • RobbaYaga
    RobbaYaga
    ✭✭
    That's already a complete failure as every time I am in Cyrodiil, I'm staring at a map that is completely yellow and guarded by 1000 angry bees.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, because they made ad have all the best race Passives. If you wanna have the best possibly you go ad or have to buy the any race any alliance perk
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's already a complete failure as every time I am in Cyrodiil, I'm staring at a map that is completely yellow and guarded by 1000 angry bees.

I'm always in IC on Xbox and I am usually the only yellow for miles, fighting off the "tough" DC and EP zerglings. I mean I kill three, and 6 more come back... I get chased through sewers by 10+ EP/DC. Then sometimes they get me and send me hate messages saying im trash... I'm not completely liking AD either. It's like Im the only one in my alliance. And the campaign I'm in is pop-locked in all alliances.

-_- screw zerglings
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have said previously that alliance change will be considered once race changes are in. Consideration doesn't imply implementation though.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance change is iffy due to quest progression chains. That iffyness could of course be avoided by making completion of cadwells a prerequesite for any alliance change... heck, unlocking the option -would- make a great reward for the end of cadwells gold... (though I'd take a helmet too if it comes to that... ;) )
    It would also make sense from a storyline point of view... in an "now you have seen all three, now you can make up your mind with which of them your heart truly lies" kind of way.

Like I always state when the topic comes up, I would adore it if they made an epic questline out of it, with an §faction loyalty called in question" theme, wherein you early on get to make a big decision - stay loyal to your alliance and prove your innocence of the claims about treason, find out who framed you and expose the plot, or prepare for your defection to greener pastures, court the alliance of your choice, and make your way to them keeping a mere step ahead of the agents trying to take you in... either way, it might be a questline that takes you all over your "homeland" mapr, revisiting some closed-down corners you saw in prior quests, and meeting some familiar faces... come on, who wouldn't want to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dar's face just as you hop onto a boat bound towards Morrowind with Naryu? ;)