The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So why healing ward?

Drakilian
Drakilian
✭✭✭
I've been seriously considering switching from healing ward to ward ally on my sorcerer because I hate how terribly unreliable healing ward is. Besides, in a pitched fight that shield never actually lasts long enough for me to get the heal so I figure "meh, why not". Only reason I went with healing ward to begin with was because it was basically THE choice for that skill that everyone always takes. I'm wondering if I was wrong to do so? Why healing ward over ward ally everyone?
Just call me Drak
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use Ward Ally over healing ward because I use Honor the Dead on my Templar. I'm not guaranteed the heal so i need a quick "Oh Crap" option. Healing ward on a sorc is really strong because they cast Hardening Ward over it so they have to eat through your hardening ward before touching your healing ward, but you can just recast HW. This is shield stacking
    Edited by Dread_Guy on February 18, 2016 3:27AM
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true that you often miss out on the final heal, but the times that you do get it are worth it.

That being said, that moment when you cast it to save yourself and it gets leeched by some pug leading to your untimely death.... then the pug who got your ward stealths off without even ressing you...... GRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    It's true that you often miss out on the final heal, but the times that you do get it are worth it.

That being said, that moment when you cast it to save yourself and it gets leeched by some pug leading to your untimely death.... then the pug who got your ward stealths off without even ressing you...... GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Yep, I've taken to just not using that skill when in a group or a siege because it always gets used up by the genius who thought he could solo the porch and the 20 enemy players waiting there with siege and oils and *** while I'm trying to stay alive because the focused-aim spammers on the top walls see my 20k< health and just start squealing with joy.
    Just call me Drak
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ward ally is pretty terrible if you ask me.... everyone in pve and pvp that i know use healing ward as it is far superior.

If you are going to run ward ally you absolutely need a strong hot running at all times so the ward doesn't go on the same person over and over again.
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »
    Ward ally is pretty terrible if you ask me.... everyone in pve and pvp that i know use healing ward as it is far superior.

If you are going to run ward ally you absolutely need a strong hot running at all times so the ward doesn't go on the same person over and over again.

Ward ally automatically applies to you and one ally (who you don't really care about anyway). It's healing ward but it works ever time and doesn't directly heal you. How would it always apply to the same person?
    Just call me Drak
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are popping healing ward to heal and protect you, it should be followed by a hardened ward and/or harness magicka,

This way your healing ward should last the full duration..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ward ally + Trinimac set is something I would try out if I were you.
    I personally use Ward Ally over healing ward because I use Honor the Dead on my Templar. I'm not guaranteed the heal so i need a quick "Oh Crap" option. Healing ward on a sorc is really strong because they cast Hardening Ward over it so they have to eat through your hardening ward before touching your healing ward, but you can just recast HW. This is shield stacking

Sounds like a good combo!
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakilian wrote: »
    remilafo wrote: »

Ward ally automatically applies to you and one ally (who you don't really care about anyway). It's healing ward but it works ever time and doesn't directly heal you. How would it always apply to the same person?

Healing ward and ward ally apply via the "smart" targetting to the person with the LOWEST % of hp.. FACT!

healing ward provides a small heal when applied, so if you spam iintentionally or accidentally it will likely apply to more than one person.

ward ally on the other hand provides ZERO healing which means the ward will go on the player with the lowest % HP even if they ALREADY have a ward on them. Not so smart....

ZOS should change the smart targetting for ward to APPLY WARD to target with lowest % Hp AND does not have existing Ward.

Peace..
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh one more thing..

Ward ally would be far more worthwhile in the current Meta if it just dropped Two wards on Any applicable target.

Rather than Always You and a ally.
  • Tzadik
    Tzadik
    Try to move little bit on side and apply healing ward. I don't really have too much problem with healing ward applying on me, mostly because i play in small groups and because I spam it like crazy until it pops on me. Other morph sounds like trash to me...
    Ebonheart Pact - PC EU
    Hasidic Chant - magicka templar
    Na Nach - magicka nightblade sap tank
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the current charge spam physical damage environment, I find magicka harness to be less worthwhile on my sorc, so I run mutagen, ward ally and Hardened ward when with a small group.

Just get used to alternating mutagen with ward ally and you will have no issue with 1 guy getting all the wards. Surge+mutagen keeps my health up under the wards