Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advice on Magicka Sorcerer

bsupino
bsupino
I usually play as DPS, but wanted to try healer as a new experience and also since we find tons of DPSs for dungeons and grouping as a hole but always lack of healers. And also I play both PvE and PvP
Since I woud like to have a character not dependable all the time of groups and I like to do DPS once in a while I was wondering if a could a go with a Dual Build, not a hybrid, but one that could play as a Full healer with an specific armor set and skill bars and whenever I want, shift the armor and the skill set for DPS.

For that to be done, I would need the two builds to work with the same attributes distribution (full magicka and minimum HP of 20k, for example) and CP and also enough Skill Points to level 4 skill bar (2 DPS and 2healing) (I dont need points into crafting, since my other character can craft everything this one would need).

Do you think this is possible to be done and have any suggestions for both builds?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it can be, yes it has been done. There are a few threads of sorc healers can't find one atm.

Anyway, for a sorc, it's pretty much always all in magicka etc so your stats will be same.

Restoration staff is a must. I would guess Combat blessing would be a good choice, same with mutigan, Necrotic Orb Im gonna assume would be used. Healing Ward. That's practically a back up bar there. Maybe use a main bar dps AoE and the back up heals.

Lots of armors to choose from, gonna assume combat physician would be a good choice, same with julianos and krag.

Edit: here found this, im gonna just straight up steal it for you:
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    HPS is worth nothing. Keep the people alive is what counts. Any HPS above that is wasted (except you proc the spell power cure set with it). Additionally you should provide buffs that increase your group's damage and keep them sustained.

The to go set right now is the spell power cure set, which drops in WGT. If you do not have it, I like running with 5 pieces of kagrenacs set (craftable). For jewelry you could use 3 pieces of willpower jewelry with spell cost reduction enchantments. The rest of the slots can be filled with other useful set pieces for magicka builds. Some options are 1 piece molag kena and 2 piece torugs pact or 3 pieces magnus gift or similar sets.

Important non-class skills are combat prayer, healing springs, elemental drain, mystic orb, regeneration and maybe healing ward.

Edited by Waffennacht on February 20, 2016 6:51PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1x kena, 5x julianos/kagrenacs, 3x willpower and 2 or 3x torugs is fine and easy to get. (or 4magnus, 3 willpower, 5 julianos/kagrenac)

Those will work for dps or heals.

attributes and cp can remain the same for heals or dps. stack for magick damage, magicka recover and cost reduction. some for penetration and critcial dmg/heals.

use normal dps build (plenty around to look at).

use aggressive warhorn or barrier for group utility.

use restro with heal ward, heal springs and combat prayer as main heals. heal springs to stack aoe heals and return magicka and combat prayer to buff group damage and resistances. heal ward is an oh *** big heal when someone gets low.

basically only thing you have to do different to heal is throw a restro on your backbar with those skills and switch out an ulti as above.

while in heal build keep as many dps abilities on as you can while changing out one of those ulti and the 3 heals above. keep liquid lightning, inner light and surge as defaults in both builds.