The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Roles

SupaSane
SupaSane
✭✭✭
I am sure many of you have encountered this when searching for a dungeon solo or with a friend. I am sick of finding someone for a dungeon that has selected 2 roles, or none at all.

So that being said, I get stuck with a nightblade tank, or sorc tank. I think they need to force you to pick a single role, or fix the dungeon searching system. Most people just forget to select a role.

What do you guys think?
SupaSane - PC / NA
Canthion - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade [DC]
Saviör - Orc Stamina Dragonknight [DC]
So-No-Head - Argonian Magicka Templar [DC]
Lord Savioro - Nord Stamina Necromancer [DC]

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have characters that can perform multiple roles and I select each role that I'm capable of taking on. I've run with very good nightblade tanks, have a decent sorc tank myself and am working on a second one.

The problem is a DPS selecting the tank role and then saying "yo lets just DPS everything down." That works sometimes but usually ends in tears.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SupaSane
    SupaSane
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I have characters that can perform multiple roles and I select each role that I'm capable of taking on. I've run with very good nightblade tanks, have a decent sorc tank myself and am working on a second one.

The problem is a DPS selecting the tank role and then saying "yo lets just DPS everything down." That works sometimes but usually ends in tears.

Yeah I understand different characters can perform multiple roles. I just think when you enter a dungeon you should really focus on one mainly. I've just had bad experiences I guess.

I've had a Templar pick healing and DPS, but they focused mainly on DPS which ended poorly and resulted in people leaving.
    SupaSane - PC / NA

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am of the belief that this is on the developer. The grouping system and especially queuing for a role is a horrible UX all around.

No information given and its not intuitive to a lot of people. Fails all around
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When a group is formed it tells you what role you've been slotted into. If people don't fill that role or just suck at it, well that's PUG life for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SupaSane
    SupaSane
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I am of the belief that this is on the developer. The grouping system and especially queuing for a role is a horrible UX all around.

Agreed, queue times are pretty long most of the time. Makes me believe people are not interested in dungeons.

I'd have to say it is because of the amount of fails they've been through in a dungeon. Wait an hour for what? A wipe and people leaving.
    SupaSane - PC / NA

• SupaSane
    SupaSane
    ✭✭✭
    When a group is formed it tells you what role you've been slotted into. If people don't fill that role or just suck at it, well that's PUG life for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed. I just see too many people slotted for 2 roles and they only focus one. That isn't good when the healer focuses DPS when they queued for that and healing. It's just frustrating.
    SupaSane - PC / NA

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They could definitely use better messaging in the LFG tool. If you get slotted into a group as a tank it would be nice if we could get a big, server-shutdown-type message along the lines of "Hey, you're the tank! Pull out a shield already!"
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could definitely use better messaging in the LFG tool. If you get slotted into a group as a tank it would be nice if we could get a big, server-shutdown-type message along the lines of "Hey, you're the tank! Pull out a shield already!"

How about doing the basic thing of not being able to que for specific roles needed content without first assigning yourself a specific role.

If you try to que for said content, a message says "Hey, you are trying to do some harder content that requires teamwork and roles, if you don't understand what that means, please click here for more info, if you do know what that means and you are just being lazy and/or ignorant, please stop and select the role you wish to fill"

^ A bit verbose, but I'm not working for them. The solution is so simple, can't que unless selected role is assigned to character.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • SupaSane
    SupaSane
    ✭✭✭

How about doing the basic thing of not being able to que for specific roles needed content without first assigning yourself a specific role.

If you try to que for said content, a message says "Hey, you are trying to do some harder content that requires teamwork and roles, if you don't understand what that means, please click here for more info, if you do know what that means and you are just being lazy and/or ignorant, please stop and select the role you wish to fill"

^ A bit verbose, but I'm not working for them. The solution is so simple, can't que unless selected role is assigned to character.

I 100% agree with this. It would make everything easier.
    SupaSane - PC / NA