Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confusion over "Lorebook Discovered" for Eidetic Memory

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Once you complete the Mages Guild questline, you are granted the Eidetic Memory. In a recent update, discovery of a new Eidetic Memory book started generating the "Lorebook Discovered" notification, which is exactly the same notification that you get when you pick up a true Shalidor's Library "Lorebook" that advances the Mages Guild skill line. This generates confusion, as Eidetic Memory books do not progress the skill line like the Shalidor's Library Lorebooks do.

Eidetic Memory never used to generate a notification when a new book was found, so this could just be reverted. If it was decided that a notification is required to indicate that it's a new book, please consider changing the notification to "Eidetic Memory Updated". This will alleviate the confusion over the dual purpose of "Lorebook Discovered", as that would be returned to solely notifying you of new Shalidor's Library books and an increase in Mages Guild reputation.
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been doing this for me for a long time. Can't remember when I first noticed it... Maybe a year. Thought it was a bug.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe it wasn't as "recent" as I thought it was :stuck_out_tongue: Still, it didn't used to happen and I've heard numerous reports of people who think it's a bug. If it is, it shouldn't be hard for them to fix it. If it isn't, then hopefully it wouldn't be too much trouble for them to change it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp