The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PvP Sorcerer tip?

bsupino
bsupino
My main is a stamina NB who does pretty well in PvP. To change a little bit I'm levelling a sorcerer who does amazingly well in dungeons but currently getting wrecked (blow) in PvP.
My build is based on the Deltia Ligthning tornado v2 build, using dual wield (streak, light form, crit surge, steel tornado, hiddne blade, absortion field) and bow (venon arrow, crystal frag, veloscious curse, mage's fury, and bat swarm).
I'm a Dunmer, vampire (started as dunmer, than chose vampire due to magicka regen). Currently level 50 with 350 aprox CP. and skill points 50/50% in stam/magicka

Can I make him work well in PvP also or do I have to respec him whenever I wanna have a PvPrun ?

• bsupino
    bsupino
    forgot about gear, the traditional Hundings rage and night mother, all medium besides light hat
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how to say this nicely. Your build all sorts of *** up. Youre using frags curse and fury on a stam build. You're a stam sorc which is currently bad, and your race is bad. Also, youre using a deltia pve build.

Look at some Fengrush builds. Hybrids dont work in PvP period.
    Edited by Xeven on February 15, 2016 4:13PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bsupino wrote: »
    My main is a stamina NB who does pretty well in PvP. To change a little bit I'm levelling a sorcerer who does amazingly well in dungeons but currently getting wrecked (blow) in PvP.
    My build is based on the Deltia Ligthning tornado v2 build, using dual wield (streak, light form, crit surge, steel tornado, hiddne blade, absortion field) and bow (venon arrow, crystal frag, veloscious curse, mage's fury, and bat swarm).
    I'm a Dunmer, vampire (started as dunmer, than chose vampire due to magicka regen). Currently level 50 with 350 aprox CP. and skill points 50/50% in stam/magicka

Can I make him work well in PvP also or do I have to respec him whenever I wanna have a PvPrun ?
    You can use different spells and armor depending on what you are doing. What works in PvE probably isn't going to work in PvP as a rule of thumb.
    :trollin:
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry to tell you, but that build sucks for everything. Deltia is not good at PvP builds, but that is a horrible build for PvE as well. Basically it is a Hybrid build which does not work in this game. You need to decide between Stam or Magicka. For Sorcerer, Magicka is the best thing currently.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • bsupino
    bsupino
    The experience i had so far is good for PvE, since the combo Crit Rush and Steel tornado keeps me alive while bringing down the mobs and the Bow Bar allows me to deal some damage to single target/boss enemies. Also is fun to play hybrid build, since you constantly change your playstyle

But in PvP i couldn't agrre with you more, I dueled with a DK the other night and couldn't eve scratch him. Definitely for PvP you have to go all in Magicka or Stam, or else you do no damage.

I usually play stamina based builds, but from what I've heard, magicka is going to rule this next patch. Any magicka AOE DPS build you suggest that i can perform well in dungeons and not suck in PvP ?
    Not looking for min/max builds, but wanan have some use in the group at least
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Delia has an update for this build for imperial city called toxic tornado or something like that. The build you're using is pre 1.6 before the magic stamina divide came. I recommend going all stamina and dropping curse, frag, and fury.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bsupino wrote: »
    The experience i had so far is good for PvE, since the combo Crit Rush and Steel tornado keeps me alive while bringing down the mobs and the Bow Bar allows me to deal some damage to single target/boss enemies. Also is fun to play hybrid build, since you constantly change your playstyle

But in PvP i couldn't agrre with you more, I dueled with a DK the other night and couldn't eve scratch him. Definitely for PvP you have to go all in Magicka or Stam, or else you do no damage.

I usually play stamina based builds, but from what I've heard, magicka is going to rule this next patch. Any magicka AOE DPS build you suggest that i can perform well in dungeons and not suck in PvP ?
    Not looking for min/max builds, but wanan have some use in the group at least

As someone recently said your build appears to be all over the place my friend! May work alright for regular dungeons but you need to spec into a solid pvp build with a good set up to be effective with a stam sorc. Not to mention it will take a lot of practice since they are constantly overlooked in updates and aren't in the best place right now with class based stamina skills.

Edit: If you enjoy stamina and usually play as such i wouldn't suggest switching over for the next coming update. Play what you like and have fun! Stamina will not come completely obsolete in the next patch so just focus on what you enjoy
    Edited by D0ntevenL1ft on February 16, 2016 5:01AM
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorc is not really bad, the only disadvantage is lack of class skills to attack someone but there are great buffs like critical surge, bound armaments, stam morph of lightning form, etc. So you have to rely on weapon abilities. Speaking about PVP I'd recommend you to use dw/2h/bow, there are plenty of skills in those skill lines to create a decent PVP build. I personally use camohunter+focused aim, bombard on my bow bar, wrecking blow, critical charge and executioner on my 2h bar. I use dw only if I'm in a zerg to provide aoe damage (starnado).
    Speaking about PVE, stamsorc is also a nice choice, just practice a lot, do every pledge, learn tactics and how to survive and deal damage.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a stam sorc in pvp, currently still non-vet and he does pretty well..
    race is an orc,

i use 2h and Dual wield... will level bow when i get vr1,

I use 5 pce twicebornstar,
    5 pce briarheart,
    and rest hunding or night mother...

i use the shadow and serpent mundus,
    Skills on my bars are as follows,

Dual wield,
    Steel tornado
    Quick Cloack
    shuffle,
    Crit surge,
    streak
    U - energy overload/flawless dawnbreaker

2 H
    Crit rush
    wrecking blow
    executioner
    boundless storm,
    rally.
    U- Greater attronach/Meteor(when unlocked)
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As everyone said your build is a hybrid atm. So when thieves guild comes out try something like this:

Even split on stamina and magicka attributes
    Medium 5pc Clever Alchemist
    2pc Molag kena
    Enchants hajeko on all major parts (all parts of you can)
    Agility jewellery enchanted for weapon damage.
    Whatever decent weapons you care to grab (actually cheaper to use agility weapons btw).

This will give you a pure hybrid build with power surge, clever alchemist and molag kena you can get over 5k weapon damage on a v16 template and over 4k spell damage. You'll have about 20k in all stats. Then you can use a hybrid build... in theory anyway. Let us know how it goes.