Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Max lvl writs, vet1 requirement even for Orsinium?

XistenZ_one
I'm wondering if my alts would need to be vet1 in order to get the max lvl writs in Craglorn, or if they can get them if I get the Orsinium DLC?
For example (in AD), for provisioning if my alt is maxed out in the skill, he can still only deliver lvl 4 writs in Velyn Harbour. If he'd follow the storyline to Coldharbour (lvl 40~) he would get lvl 5 writs and if I'd level him to vet he'd get access to Craglorn and can deliver maximum lvl 6 writs there.

So, the question is not if he can get the writs from the boards, but if he can actually deliver them there?
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    My level 45 provisioner (skill line at 50) does vr1 writs that gets delivered in Coldharbour. You can't go to Craglorn before vr1, and can't get writs to deliver there before leveling beyond 49. And on that account I have Orsinium but am not getting writs to deliver there.
    Halcyon Black
  • XistenZ_one
    My level 45 provisioner (skill line at 50) does vr1 writs that gets delivered in Coldharbour. You can't go to Craglorn before vr1, and can't get writs to deliver there before leveling beyond 49. And on that account I have Orsinium but am not getting writs to deliver there.

Thanks! Just to make sure, your lvl 45 provisioner, does it have the 'Recipe Improvement'-skill on lvl 5 or 6? 6 being the highest, and the one that determines the level of the writ.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he'd follow the storyline to Coldharbour (lvl 40~) he would get lvl 5 writs and if I'd level him to vet he'd get access to Craglorn and can deliver maximum lvl 6 writs there.

You don't even need to follow the story line. Just port to someone in Coldharbor (friend, group or guildmate) and talk to the Groundskeeper up there and take the tour. Once you take the tour, it unlocks the Writ boars and the Crafting drop offs in Coldharbor. I have an L11 and an L20 doing writs up there and have not done anything past zone 1/2 quest wise.

Of course most of the town is empty until you do some quests up there, but you have the Bank and Cicero's and the bar and guild traders. Just no alchemy or enchanting station to use. Well, I have not tried to Enchant or Brew a potion yet, but those two places are closed for me.

I wonder if an L20 with 450 Champ Points can solo Coldharbor......?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• XistenZ_one
    Nestor wrote: »
    If he'd follow the storyline to Coldharbour (lvl 40~) he would get lvl 5 writs and if I'd level him to vet he'd get access to Craglorn and can deliver maximum lvl 6 writs there.

You don't even need to follow the story line. Just port to someone in Coldharbor (friend, group or guildmate) and talk to the Groundskeeper up there and take the tour. Once you take the tour, it unlocks the Writ boars and the Crafting drop offs in Coldharbor. I have an L11 and an L20 doing writs up there and have not done anything past zone 1/2 quest wise.

Of course most of the town is empty until you do some quests up there, but you have the Bank and Cicero's and the bar and guild traders. Just no alchemy or enchanting station to use. Well, I have not tried to Enchant or Brew a potion yet, but those two places are closed for me.

I wonder if an L20 with 450 Champ Points can solo Coldharbor......?

Great tip about CH, didn't know it was enough to only take the tour :)
    Doesn't quite answer the mystery that ulrik almost covered though (so far).

And 450 CPs would probably give you a few more seconds survivability compared to a regular lvl 20 before you get completely wrecked xD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great tip about CH, didn't know it was enough to only take the tour :)
    Doesn't quite answer the mystery that ulrik almost covered though (so far).

And 450 CPs would probably give you a few more seconds survivability compared to a regular lvl 20 before you get completely wrecked xD

My issue is these Mules don't have enough SPs to boost their crafting levels to max (they are all tied up in hirelings) so I am trying to find out if you max out crafting if you can skip Craglorn all together and go to Wrothgar. So, I was hoping by you unlocking Craglorn with max level crafters if the writs would keep you in Coldharbor or let you go to Orsinium.

I am going to respec my L20 back into combat once the new DK changes come out with Thieves Guild so it will be a while before he does any crafting again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! Just to make sure, your lvl 45 provisioner, does it have the 'Recipe Improvement'-skill on lvl 5 or 6? 6 being the highest, and the one that determines the level of the writ.

Yes, she has recipe skill at max.
    Halcyon Black
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a test with my v4 provisoner. She took a writ from the board in Hollow City and had to deliver to Wrothgar (she's been there). Not sure if my non-vet provisioner has been to Wrothgar yet (I have too many characters for my own good, I guess :D ) so that could be why she has to do the deliveries in Hollow City.
    Halcyon Black
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    If you are maxed on any crafting skill I am quite sure you deliver all completed writs to Wrothgar.
    PC/NA