The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please add Race change option for $$

GreenGhostMan
GreenGhostMan
✭✭✭
I can't believe they haven't offered this yet. I know several people that would be willing to pay for a race change. Like myself, there are people that don't play enough to reroll a character and start over. By not offering this, ZOS is passing up $$ and losing players.

Is there anyone else that agrees?
Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change is coming as part of barbershop update in DB, maybe Q3 I'm not 100% sure.

I personally hope it isn't locked behind a paywall. Give me something to spend my millions of gold on please!
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    Race change is coming as part of barbershop update in DB, maybe Q3 I'm not 100% sure.

I personally hope it isn't locked behind a paywall. Give me something to spend my millions of gold on please!

I didn't know that. I knew changing hair, face, etc. was coming, but we will be able to actually change race?? Say go from High Elf to Redguard??

And I'd be perfectly cool with gold over $$ as well.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Heindrich I believe they said after the DB update. So Q3 at the earliest, but definitely this year (well at least according to their current statements).
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it certainly will cost crowns. They have to pay for their programmers and server upkeep while still showing a decent enough profit to convince the suits to comtinue this venture and not pull the plug on ESO, so... exepect all important stuff to cost crowns nowadays. At best they -might- allow some minor stuff for gold gost (like, hetting a new hairstyle, or changing makeup).

But all the other recustomization options, from voicechange over renames to race change, those will lighten our wallet. That's the proce for going from subscription-powered to a BtP model.
    Not like I care, I am perfectly willing to put my money where my mouth is...
    ...I just want to adjust my characters names and appereance...
    Sooner! Sooner! Sooner! ;)
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    And it certainly will cost crowns. They have to pay for their programmers and server upkeep while still showing a decent enough profit to convince the suits to comtinue this venture and not pull the plug on ESO, so... exepect all important stuff to cost crowns nowadays. At best they -might- allow some minor stuff for gold gost (like, hetting a new hairstyle, or changing makeup).

But all the other recustomization options, from voicechange over renames to race change, those will lighten our wallet. That's the proce for going from subscription-powered to a BtP model.
    Not like I care, I am perfectly willing to put my money where my mouth is...
    ...I just want to adjust my characters names and appereance...
    Sooner! Sooner! Sooner! ;)

Yes!! Please hurry ZOS!! I want to pay you $$.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe have it free if you are subbed and pay if you are not. I would be okay with it only costing gold, maybe 50k that way it would be a significant gold sink (was going to say investment) but if you don't want to pay gold then maybe 500 crowns.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the barbershop is a one time DLC, not a consumable "scroll". I would rather pay $20 upfront than get nickel-and-dimed to death.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    This feature being delayed. Has made me salty as f$&@"
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    This feature being delayed. Has made me salty as f$&@"

Whhaaaaat?!?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They kinda have been delaying this since... fall 2014? Well, the barbershop portion of it anyhow... and now we hear its another "longer term" thing, when the "criminal DLCs" of TG and DB would have been the perfect place to add it with, due to some criminals maybe wanting to change their appereance when the wanted posters make their likeness too well known... (much like the facechanger wizard in Skyrim wasn't found in some hut, but in a den of criminals - one goes where the best business is after all ;) )
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    I only need to change one minor detail with my character, and it seems ZOS doesn't care about this...
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for this. Made my. Imperial stamplar (1ar char) way to skinny and want to change that and also my magicka NB is a redguard, kinda wanna make him a Breton as well or a bosmer
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should never happen... I rerolled 4 races so far to get the race i want, spent much gold to stimulate the economy buying gear/ mats etc etc. This will help kill the in game economy if this goes through. People shouldn't be so lazy and expect to get everything handed to them just because the can "afford it" with real money. Bad bad bad....

People doing this will just get bored and quit the game faster then if they actually had to lvl up a new race and ZOS will lose money not make more money.....

Dont do this ZOS!
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay upwards of $20 just to change one of my characters race. Mainly my Khajiit NB. I love the cats, but I can't help knowing that if I would have chose Wood Elf I would be getting 11% more stam regen and 3% more max stam.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    This should never happen... I rerolled 4 races so far to get the race i want, spent much gold to stimulate the economy buying gear/ mats etc etc. This will help kill the in game economy if this goes through. People shouldn't be so lazy and expect to get everything handed to them just because the can "afford it" with real money. Bad bad bad....

People doing this will just get bored and quit the game faster then if they actually had to lvl up a new race and ZOS will lose money not make more money.....

Dont do this ZOS!

Quite the opposite. I am not a hardcore player and rerolling 4 times to get the race I want is out of the question. I'll stop playing before doing that. And I know maybe 20+ people in the exact same situation as me.

Hardcore players will continue playing regardless. The not so avid players, such as myself, will give the game up before sinking days and weeks into more characters that will end up going unused.