Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dear Hireling, Stop bringing me stuff from the dumpster...

darkrozes_rob16_ESO
Hello everyone. I've been having breaks from the game for a few months, because of my job. Now i came back since Imperial City release and i have to say, that i am really dissapointed about the Ai in charge of dem hirelings mails. I can't play too many hours daily, so i decided to Max woodwork, clothing and blacksmith on 3 of my toons, hoping i will make some gold to upgrade my gear , or to help with guild merchant spot, since the economy of the game is ded. Looks like i've been wasting skill points for the wrong reason. And the funny thing is that having a hireling lvl 3 isn't enough, you also need 10 points into the first passive. Those were the mails i received today :
1 jade 1 turqoise 1 almandine 2 bone 1 turpentine 1 rough ruby ash
5 raw voidbloom
1 ruby 1 adamantite 1 dwarven oil 1 rube ingot 1 rube ore

1 rough ruby ash
1 fire opal 1 saradonix 1 moonstone 1 grain solvent 1 rubedite ore
2 flint 2 hemming 1 rubedo hide scraps

Seriously ? I haven't seen an alloy in months, or wax.... What is this ? Since when did Zos become so Cheap ? :(
I understand that the game mecanics are random but , cmon, at least make a random pack of 2-5 k gold per crafting mail....
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you posted this, I've maxed out enchanting / alchemy / provisioning and happy with the hirlings. However decided to blow 9 skill points into wood/metal/clothing hirlings to stock pile some free mats to sell hoping for some goodies and as you all I've had for a week is low level stuff. I assumed there would be an RNG in gold / purple stuff even tho I have no other points spent. But appears not ...

Does anyone know for certain that RNG increases with level spent?? If so I'm gunna respec and get the points back!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • darkrozes_rob16_ESO
    The materials level is based on the points in the first passive. So if you have lvl 9 passive you won't get the v16 materials. You need lvl 10 passive to get Ruby materials. Problem is that the yellow materials are really rare. Few months ago i used to get almost daily 2 wax, and a bit less rosin and alloy but it was still something. Now the mails are so random that's not even worth the points spent...
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's such a shame when you trash half of what your hirelings bring.

Can't even vend trait stones, and I have tons of them.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why I have them too, I guess I just like get something everyday. I make more money buying tempers from one guild and sell them in another for a substantial markup. Making armor, cloths, staffs and bows is still how I make a majority of my money though about 50k to 75k a day. I guess I only keep those skill points into them bc he's just my crafter and dont really use him for anything else.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have recieved roughly ... 3 kutas from my hirelings etc... the golds seemed to be way more common. In the first few months of playing I had occurred way more gold items than compared to say... the past 7 monthsish.

Yeah, oh and that stupid Rock Biter has been sending me the same dang, "today was a good day ..." message for 3 weeks now! Oh and I miss the Khajit wood maker hireling. :(
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. best title ever B)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously it pisses me off. It makes collecting my items more of a chore
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually get nice stuff, maybe not Dreugh Wax ... but still I get the occasional Rubedite ores or ancient silk :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. I've been having breaks from the game for a few months, because of my job. Now i came back since Imperial City release and i have to say, that i am really dissapointed about the Ai in charge of dem hirelings mails. I can't play too many hours daily, so i decided to Max woodwork, clothing and blacksmith on 3 of my toons, hoping i will make some gold to upgrade my gear , or to help with guild merchant spot, since the economy of the game is ded. Looks like i've been wasting skill points for the wrong reason. And the funny thing is that having a hireling lvl 3 isn't enough, you also need 10 points into the first passive. Those were the mails i received today :
    1 jade 1 turqoise 1 almandine 2 bone 1 turpentine 1 rough ruby ash
    5 raw voidbloom
    1 ruby 1 adamantite 1 dwarven oil 1 rube ingot 1 rube ore

1 rough ruby ash
    1 fire opal 1 saradonix 1 moonstone 1 grain solvent 1 rubedite ore
    2 flint 2 hemming 1 rubedo hide scraps

Seriously ? I haven't seen an alloy in months, or wax.... What is this ? Since when did Zos become so Cheap ? :(
    I understand that the game mecanics are random but , cmon, at least make a random pack of 2-5 k gold per crafting mail....

Do the writs, I get a gold every couple of days from those.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...since the great hireling nerf (was it 1.5/1.6?) it's not been as lucrative to have the hirelings. I still have them, as I still get raw materials. But, more often than not, the only other item I get with my equipment hirelings is a trait stone or style stone. Those are just trash for me.

I will say, though, that the clothing hireling is by far the best of the three. I will consistently get embroidery and elegant lining, and usually x2 when I get them. I'd say most of the time I get one or the other, or both. I even get Wax from time to time, and about half that time, I get 2.

For blacksmithing, though, I'm lucky to even get a honing stone or oil, much less grain solvent. Forget alloys, I think I've only gotten them a few times since the nerf. Woodworking is better, but I usually get far more turpen than even pitch. Mastic comes fairly often, with resin not showing up any more than alloy.

Enchanting is the worst, since I've only received 2 or 3 kutas since the nerf. I get Rekutas pretty regularly, though. However, more often than I'd like, I only get two runes instead of three (which only happened to me once on a 3/3 hireling prior to the nerf). A week or so ago, my 3/3 hireling sent me just a potency rune.

I don't have the provisioner hireling any more, since I have full stacks of all the ingredients, including purple, and I get a good supply of purples from the writs to keep me topped off, with extra to sell.